Discharging firearms within city limits (Richmond)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    You dont have the authority to apologize on my behalf. Guess you havent figured out where your place in life is yet...its called pecking order. You never said a word about a dog attacking your dog...now you conveniently add that into the mix. If that were your original logic behind your first post in this thread then you would have mentioned that as details then.... Instead you intended on puffing your little chest out which made you feel like a man. Ironically the MEN in this thread that called you and your buddy Warren out see you both for what you TRULY are. ;)
    you still dont get it do ya..

i dont not KNOW who Warren is.. im not his friend / bub / or even acquaintance.

you have a serious problem taking authority or any type of information from someone younger than yourself.. dont ya.. besides that being the obvious, i dont need to puff my chest. you sir, are grasping at the air for a leg to stand on.. keep playing your "im a man because i have children" card.. having children in no way makes you a man.

you dont know me. you have no "pecking order" to place on me.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Remember the 3 S's
    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut up.
    :laugh:
    Forget the air rifle, and buy a 22lr suppressor. It's going to be a lot quieter.

* I didn't read this whole thread before posting, and the killing pets comment is way out there :n00b:. My post was in regards to the OP's pest problem. *

Last edited:

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Shooting pets without just cause. Advocating illegal activity. What a bunch of classy guys. Kudos to everyone who called out the budding sociopaths who execute others' pets.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Remember the 3 S's
    Shoot
    Shovel
    Shut up.
    :laugh:
    Forget the air rifle, and buy a 22lr suppressor. It's going to be a lot quieter.

* I didn't read this whole thread before posting, and the killing pets comment is way out there :n00b:. My post was in regards to the OP's pest problem. *

Hahaha..... If myself and these evil pests didn't have a love/hate relationship, I would deffinetly have taken care of it. However, if I dispose of them I wouldn't have anything to yell at for getting in my garden or eating my trees. Ugh.... I will just continue to throw rocks and sticks at them. :rolleyes:

As for the whole "pet" ordeal. I do not condone causing any harm to anyone's pet. I'm a dog owner with children and until I'm in a situation where someone's pet is going to do harm to mine or my family, I will just chase them off.

I actually have a neighbor who lets their dogs out without leashes. The male dog is as cool as a cucumber while the b*+{h is just that. She recently had puppies and will run across 3 yards to get in my face. One time she chased my Lab all the way up to my back porch. At that time she met my wife's beast (pomeranian with a teddy bear cut) who in turn chased her back into her yard. Funniest thing I've seen in a while actually.

As for my OP, I'm contacting the police department today. I've got a few friends on the county and state but none in the local PD so I will probably just call up to the office.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    you still dont get it do ya..

i dont not KNOW who Warren is.. im not his friend / bub / or even acquaintance.

you have a serious problem taking authority or any type of information from someone younger than yourself.. dont ya.. besides that being the obvious, i dont need to puff my chest. you sir, are grasping at the air for a leg to stand on.. keep playing your "im a man because i have children" card.. having children in no way makes you a man.

you dont know me. you have no "pecking order" to place on me.

You are right...when it is ignorant and moronic i do have a "problem" taking that kind of information from anyone. Nobody said Warren was your friend...you both were placed in the same boat because you both spoke out publically about your mentality, here. I can slow down for you......
    I never associated having a kid to being a man...I associated having a kid with a pet to having to explain to them that the psychopath neighbor shot their dog.
    And you have a firearm? You probably should startover and go back to legos. Somehwere something went amiss. It takes all kinds.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Regarding the shooting of dogs/pets.

Is it legal in Indiana to shoot your dog
    Indiana Pet Dog Containment Laws | eHow.com
    http://www.mylot.com/w/discussions/1383036.aspx

Sooooooooooo, I guess its against the law to shoot a persons pet dog here in Indiana.

I guess you didn't read it well. there are exceptions to the law

If the well-being of another person or personal property is not at stake, you are not allowed to intentionally kill a dog without the permission of the dog's owner.

If a dog is putting at stake the well being of myself or another person or personal property (ie: another dog) it can be shot and killed.
    If the owner of a dog gives permission, you can shoot and kill a dog.

Indy Wing Chun

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    NE Side of Indy
    bashing hard are we? did you have pet abandonment issues? :popcorn:

if a pet of mine got out, go ahead. the carcass is your problem now. drop it on my property and then that makes you the criminal for wanton waste / illegal disposal of a carcass. or something neat like that.

we could have "words". but the law is on my side. cut and dry. you could waste all your money trying to "recoup the emotional loss", but it will get you NOWHERE. keep your dong contained.

how am i a fail to society? please.. im waiting to hear.

Whether you agree with the killing of pets or not, we can agree on ^^this^^.

I would not want my dong to get onto someone else's yard and be shot. I would miss my dong very much.

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley
    Well, I contacted the local PD. A woman answered and I told her I had a question regarding a specific ordinance. She asked me to continue so I cited the ordinance and told her I was confused because the verbage sounded as if I could target shoot an air rifle as long as I was doing so in a manner that didn't violate another or their property. She let responded with "A RIFLE?" as if i asked about a 50 BMG. I quickly corrected myself and said "no, a bb gun or pellet gun." She quickly advised me (in a "are you an idiot" tone) that it was not legal.

Sad day but it was expected.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Somehow, I'm guessing that "pet" was a typo of "pest"...

And I think more than a few folks need to untangle their panties.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Well, I contacted the local PD. A woman answered and I told her I had a question regarding a specific ordinance. She asked me to continue so I cited the ordinance and told her I was confused because the verbage sounded as if I could target shoot an air rifle as long as I was doing so in a manner that didn't violate another or their property. She let responded with "A RIFLE?" as if i asked about a 50 BMG. I quickly corrected myself and said "no, a bb gun or pellet gun." She quickly advised me (in a "are you an idiot" tone) that it was not legal.

Sad day but it was expected.

The police department isn't the place to inquire about the law, sadly.

-J-

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

-J-

The best way to get the pets :ar15:is .22LR from inside the house, no barrel out of house. I have one window I shoot through :n00b: the screen and replace it when needed. No neighbor :popcorn:has ever said a word about hearing me shoot. Just pick up the pet after a half hour or so. We don't have any bad dogs :draw:running around either as they also seem to die after the second time off the chain or outside the fence.:dunno:

Well the quote above is clearly about dogs, which leads one to believe they are others pets.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I guess you didn't read it well. there are exceptions to the law

If a dog is putting at stake the well being of myself or another person or personal property (ie: another dog) it can be shot and killed.
    If the owner of a dog gives permission, you can shoot and kill a dog.

The best way to get the pets :ar15:is .22LR from inside the house, no barrel out of house. I have one window I shoot through :n00b: the screen and replace it when needed. No neighbor :popcorn:has ever said a word about hearing me shoot. Just pick up the pet after a half hour or so. We don't have any bad dogs :draw:running around either as they also seem to die after the second time off the chain or outside the fence.:dunno:

And the above quote sure doesn't imply that any dog was in the process of hurting the well being of ones self or anyone else or the harming of property does it. Just that he/she shoots it and later the neighbor comes over and picks it up.

Must be an awful meek neighbor.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone

-J-
    No...it clearly states pets and the mentally challenged clearly show intent in the body of their message to shoot someones animal JUST because it came in their yard.

You seem relaxed about the topic..now...Im wondering just how relaxed you would be if someone shot your dog or your kids dog JUST because it went in the neighbors yard. Im betting it would be a different story.

If I found out one of my neighbors shot a dog of mine/my sons/or my girlfriends just because it came in their yard I would make it a mission to go black ops on their butt which would include but not limited to their vehicles mysteriously ending up with a locked up engine, trees and flowers mysteriously dying from roundup, roofing nails mysteriously ending up lodged in tires and whatever other mysterious "problems" i could conjur up. ;) And thats just for starters....If it got escalated from any further instances of neighbor pointing a rifle in the direction of my dog I would take it as a threat to my life if i were outside and fix the problem once and for all myself. ;) (sometimes a neighbor can just go crazy) Who do you think the police are gonna listen to? Neighbor dead laying in his yard because he was pointing a rifle at me/my dog or..... Me..very much alive and able to tell the story of what happened? ;)

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    No...it clearly states pets and the mentally challenged clearly show intent in the body of their message to shoot someones animal JUST because it came in their yard.

You seem relaxed about the topic..now...Im wondering just how relaxed you would be if someone shot your dog or your kids dog JUST because it went in the neighbors yard. Im betting it would be a different story.

If I found out one of my neighbors shot a dog of mine/my sons/or my girlfriends just because it came in their yard I would make it a mission to go black ops on their butt which would include but not limited to their vehicles mysteriously ending up with a locked up engine, trees and flowers mysteriously dying from roundup, roofing nails mysteriously ending up lodged in tires and whatever other mysterious "problems" i could conjur up. ;) And thats just for starters....If it got escalated from any further instances of neighbor pointing a rifle in the direction of my dog I would take it as a threat to my life if i were outside and fix the problem once and for all myself. ;) (sometimes a neighbor can just go crazy) Who do you think the police are gonna listen to? Neighbor dead laying in his yard because he was pointing a rifle at me/my dog or..... Me..very much alive and able to tell the story of what happened? ;)

I love it when people talk about things like this on the Internet. I'm going to quote it for posterity - and for (potential) law enforcement to use should it be warranted.

-J-

Top Bottom