• ...and so much more!
  • Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Really? Try looking up "integrity."
    You have just assured yourself that I will NEVER do business with you again.

Really? Try looking up "sensitive" and "butt Hurt"!:n00b:
    I didn't mean to upset you! Consider avoiding the internet that one week per month!
    I'm sorry that you are so easily offended that you would refuse to "do business" with me, but :dunno:! Have we done business in the past? I would surely remember someone so sensitive!

Have a nice life anyway!:)

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How can you be assured that you don't agree on a price and then the OP tells you he has to have $25 for gas to get home and then expects you to lower your price so that he can put gas in his car. If a person will do it once and think that it is morally correct, they will try it again and again.
    You have the right to do business as you see fit. I just couldn't do business like that nor would I.

Kinda reaching there aren't you?!

Many dealers at gun shows make OTD (out the door) deals! It is not uncommon at all. Simple misunderstanding by the two people involved.
    I don't understand your scenario above.

So, if your at a gun show, and the dealer says he will sell you a gun for an OTD price, you would INSIST he add tax on top of the deal he already said he would accept? After all, it would be the moral thing to do, right?! :dunno:

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Really? Try looking up "sensitive" and "butt Hurt"!:n00b:
    I didn't mean to upset you! Consider avoiding the internet that one week per month!
    I'm sorry that you are so easily offended that you would refuse to "do business" with me, but :dunno:! Have we done business in the past? I would surely remember someone so sensitive!

Have a nice life anyway!:)

Seriously? Grow up.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Really? You write down the names and info on your cash transactions?

HAVE we done business? I really don't remember!
    I'm pretty sure I KNOW each person I've conducted any kind of exchange with on INGO!
    And I seriously didn't mean to pi** you off! I just thought you were being pretty harsh to the o.p.!

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    was it ok for the OP to publicly flog the vendor who wanted sales tax?

Did the OP mention the vendor by name somewhere?

Not sure its a flogging anyway. We "know" one party, might as well know the other.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This thread really amazes me at the strong sentiments it shows.

When I go to a flea market, gun show, or any other gathering, there is a significant number who are "tax incl" and others "tax addl".

I don't know until they tell me or I ask.

If I forget to ask, and vendor doesn't tell me, well I am not going to just assume all the blame, but I am not going to consider posting on a forum about it either.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Did the OP mention the vendor by name somewhere?

Not sure its a flogging anyway. We "know" one party, might as well know the other.

I don't know either party :dunno:

OP could sit beside me at the bar tonight and I would never know him. Same as I would never know the vendor.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    because he was at a show buying a product. if the seller is a business, which more and more of vendors at shows are, they must collect sales tax for the state. :dunno:
    Someone else said it here, you don't walk into Walmart and not expect to pay sales tax, why should a gun show be different

I didn't have to pay tax on my son's SKS or my Sig 1911, both of which were gun show purchases. I didn't fill out any forms either. Although I had negotiated OTD pricing on both of them.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    I didn't have to pay tax on my son's SKS or my Sig 1911, both of which were gun show purchases. I didn't fill out any forms either. Although I had negotiated OTD pricing on both of them.

Then it obvious the seller was not in the gun business, or if perchance he was they were breaking both Federal and State laws.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I made a significant purchase (over 200.00) at a name brand store in Greenfield, settled up and brought the merchandise home where a voice message was waiting. "hey I screwed up and under charged you by 10$. Bring me the 10 bucks ASAP. There must be something in the water in Hancock County. Actually there are some great folks living out there.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I sold a motorcycle some years back. We had agreed on a price but when the guy showed up he said, "I'm $50 short. That's all I have." I hadn't had any other bites on the bike so I took it but it really pissed me off. Maybe the seller is tired of hearing stories like that too.

Top Bottom