• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    What I have seen in the last two years that I have been going to Hoosier gun shows are the same ol vendors with the same ol guns. I don't think they go to make any money or sales. They must love to drag the same ol same ol over priced stuff to every show possible.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've noticed good prices on magazines and a strong desire of vendors to purchase spare ones. I had an extra Sig mag that a friend gave to me (thinking it would fit my new gun, which it didn't). He told me to keep it. Since I had to use for it, I sold it for $10. I'm sure I got totally taken, but I was satisfied.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    By "dime a dozen", the most commonly seen is some sort of Ruger 10/22. Standard ones usually marked at $300 or $275. Always stop and look trying to figure out what they know that I don't. Apparently a cheap scope adds $100, a para-cord sling adds $75 and bi-pods and barrel mount Chinese flashlights add $100. Sometimes it must have been Bill Ruger's personal 10/22. (I know. new=$199).
    Least commonly seen is an un-jacked with Colt AR 15. Wrench marks, funny looking handguards, extra holes in lower (Yes, I have seen them). Don't mind the "Franken " guns being "Barbied", but, gee, a Colt?

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Lately seems that XDs are a rage to own. Sigs, Glocks, are always in demand. Gun show stuff that is more popular: Zombie and Undead T shirts, knives, targets. Saw one the other day that is foam and bleeds when hit. Army Surp packs, and pouches, canteens, and nylon holsters for all size guns. Ammo is high, guns higher, don't see any deals lately to shake a stick at. I like the people show, get a chuckle with the mix of gangbangers, Davy Crocketts, survival types, some chicks(actually looking for firearms), just regular shooters and collectors. Like to walk around, but don't like the sardine jam ups at the 1500. More fun at the smaller ones.

joejenders

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I enjoy hunting in the corners of the tables, or inside the old glass covered display case for my favorite old High Standard .22 semi automatic pistols. Sometimes I find an old Model B or HB worth negotiating for but not often. Most of the HD-Military models are too high priced, or too rusty and usually wore out. But, I still make a few attempts to negotiate a price several times before leaving. Sometimes I win and sometimes I take a pass.

Last edited:

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I did notice a lot of Hi-Points one time. I don't live for or even go to many gun shows. Mostly just to dumb my brass. But if I were to plan on buying I want to know what I am looking for so I can do some homework before I go.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I have been to many gun shows over my 70 years. I have bought a lot of guns over the years. I have never bought one at a gun show. I have bought other thinks but never a gun. The prices where never compelling enough. A lot of times they where not even competitive.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    I have been lucky, and ran a crossed a few deals on guns, but mostly i look for magazines i can't find, or a set of grips for my Cobra that will fit right, or a lightly used bipod. I just picked up a couple of like new bipods at the show last weekend, and a knife set, and a few silver dollars for the kids. I bought a gen 3 Glock 34 once for $400.00 at a show, I'm not sure why so cheap, but it shot great, and yes i ran the numbers to see if it was stolen, he had the box, 2 extra mags, and about 70 rounds of ball ammo.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Pure junk at extreme higher than new retail prices. Same people that have had the same stuff for years. In all my years of being into guns I have never bought from a show. I do enjoy looking once in awhile or picking up reloading components I dont want to pay hazmat on. Something to do in the winter time I guess.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    The last time I attended a show was 20 years ago and I recall stack after stack of AK47's on tables for the going price of $199 if I my memory serves me right. I just remember they were cheap and my 2 sons urging me to buy them a couple. Never did however.

dans4420

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    Well you missed the boat

Dont get one now all they wanna do is put black furniture on it and a zytel mag ask for 1000 hope you don't realize its not an ar15 before its to late lol. i was ashamed to see one of my local gun stores doing the same thing last week.

to be fair i am not an ak47 aficionado i know that there's got to be rare ak47 worth alot of money, but its hard to believe that its only the ones that are redone with black furniture i have seen some beautiful original stocked aks and they seem to be around 650 and they look so much better.(this is coming from a guy who owns almost only black guns) just my 2 cents again.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The last time I attended a show was 20 years ago and I recall stack after stack of AK47's on tables for the going price of $199 if I my memory serves me right. I just remember they were cheap and my 2 sons urging me to buy them a couple. Never did however.

Ah, those were the days. I also kick myself for not buying them back then.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    Old crusty rusted S&W or H&R top break revolvers in obsolete calibers. Single shot shotguns, or bolt shotguns priced way too high. Like how do their owners not consider them to be junk? I guess those guys might consider my guns junk too tho so its all subjective.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Beat Smith revolvers that dealers want $500 plus for
    second that. irritating.
    I go to gun shows for the pure enjoyment of looking at firearms and accessories, I hardly buy anything at gun shows.
    pretty much same here. add in some people watching for entertainment.
    What I have seen in the last two years that I have been going to Hoosier gun shows are the same ol vendors with the same ol guns. I don't think they go to make any money or sales. They must love to drag the same ol same ol over priced stuff to every show possible.
    i have seen the same beat to hell boxes of ammo trucked to every show for years like they are gold bars... insanity.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

Second that, trust me some of those same old guns have been carried around for a long time now.
    The dog eared boxes of ammo at double or so the going rate is pretty much standard too. You know, the box of Wolf 380 for $30.
    Always amazed but rarely surprised.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    I ONCE struck a deal on a new pos keltec for 225. Ended up it was a lemon, but it was new. I am getting the general sentiment for gun shows. Winter entertainment.

Top Bottom