• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    screw the die into the press??? i dont know what you are asking... i only did this a few times just messing around.... why are you trying to neck size only on a proggressive press? typically neck sizing is done to make rounds VERY accurate.... this step of neck only sizing will be usless because of the other tolerance issues... Powder charge, bullet seating depth primer seating depth... seems to me if you are neck sizing only you should be doing ALL of your reloading on a single stage.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I use a seperate press for case sizing ( 223 ) wash the cases again in soap n water to remove the case lube etc. then I'll trim if needed after that.
    I use a RCBS precision Mic for measuring
    Set my shoulder back .002
    Then when I'm loading ( progressive now) I'll adjust my full length die so just the ball expander works on just the case neck/mouth.
    If I don't do this the bullet seating gets hard and it will put a ring around the bullet
    I use Dillon dies with the exception of using a Lee factory crimp die on the last station
    I'm using a Dillion 550

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I do it all the time you can make some very accurate ammo by neck sizing for my bolt guns. I've used neck sizing dies and also just backed out my dies so that I only size the portion of the neck that contacts the bearing surface of the bullet being used,

I've loaded 5-600 and 1000 yd ammo it's the only way I can keep up with matches

gasman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    I have used a single stage with RCBS dies in the past, I am wanting to get the process moving faster. I will back out the Full length die, measure & write down how far I back it out to reproduce the same results next time I set up. Thanks for the info!

Top Bottom