• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    My wife recoils at the very suggestion of Pepsi. Like I guess I'm an idiot or something.

I can definitly tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi, but I really don't see one as better or worse tasting than the other. Royal Crown is fine by me.
    Mmm, mmm, mmm... RC Cola and Moonpies! :)

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have been working on a lot of Fountain machines and ice machines for the last year and a half or so. If you all knew what they looked like inside of the machines. you wouldn't even drink the water that comes out of them. I stopped drinking sodas out of them about the 5th one I worked on. Disgusting

This. My coke rep (beverage guy, not a fancy name for a drug dealer) told me that gas stations and mom & pop places were the worst. Big chains usually have pretty strict cleaning schedules, so they're usually not too bad.

Nothing like a big black noodle of slime mold in your drink!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have been working on a lot of Fountain machines and ice machines for the last year and a half or so. If you all knew what they looked like inside of the machines. you wouldn't even drink the water that comes out of them. I stopped drinking sodas out of them about the 5th one I worked on. Disgusting

I'm afraid we're going to need visual evidence of that.

no, seriously I'd like to see some pics. Maybe I can convince my wife to stop drinking fountain Dr Pepper.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    This. My coke rep (beverage guy, not a fancy name for a drug dealer) told me that gas stations and mom & pop places were the worst. Big chains usually have pretty strict cleaning schedules, so they're usually not too bad.

yeah, my pepsi rep told me his party line is suppose to be "DRINK PEPSI!"
    his real advice, stay away from it all, bottled, can, fountain. Don't drink it. It isn't good for you.

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th

At least I know at the place I used to work the fountains were taken care of. We had two sets of nozzles for our fountains (per company policy, no less) and they were switched daily. The one set got cleaned, sanitized, and dried, while the other set went on. Happened every day without fail. Coffee pots were cleaned every day, and nozzles switched once a week. The DM was in every other week or so, and always pulled a few nozzles to make sure they were clean.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't order Pepsi because of the whole aborted fetal cells used in the flavoring process.

I guess my Coke v Pepsi debate is a quick one.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    1sm191coke.gif
    food-smiley-008.gif

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    And pizza with extra cheese is an oxymoron. Pizza is already bread with extra cheese. Only in Amurica. Wait wait, lets inject cheese into the bread itself......:fogey:

old man yells at cloud.

Top Bottom