• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    So I bought a Glock 21 Gen 4 yesterday.:D I thought I would never ever buy another plastic gun. I've owned 20+ plastic guns and sold all of them after falling in love with 1911's. But I recently got the itch to buy a a Glock 21SF. Had no luck finding one. So I was told to look at a Gen 4 Glock 21. As the frame would be similar to a 21SF. And I instantly fell in love. Was saving up to buy a Gen 4 Glock 21 when I found a used one in my favorite gun store the INGO Classifieds.:): Seen the ad pop up and just had to have the gun. My wallet wasnt expecting to buy a Glock 21 for a few weeks. Guess Ill be living off peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the next 2 weeks.lol

purple72

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Huh, I just did the same thing. After going through a tactical class with a Kimber, I just picked up a 21SF last week. It will take me awhile to get used to the whole "plastic" thing. We'll see what happens

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    i've owned a few 1911's but IMHO i couldn't get myself to shoot them. they were all too nice and expensive and i didn't want to carry them in fear of scratching etc. so I stick with my glock 22 4th gen and shoot and carry it daily.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    My 1911A1 is my overall favorite firearm of all time. To me it just feels right in your hand, fits like a will used glove. That said, I've recently been checking out Glocks and other resin frame autos and small revolvers. The light and small frames would be so nice to CC. I may have one sometime this year, but I'll never get rid of my 1911A1's.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    You're welcome. :)

By the way, here's what your money bought:

G35_zps7b5c8f0c.jpg

Thank you!

:patriot:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats on the new gun! I am a huge fan of the Glock 21. It was the first gun that I shot that caused me to put my 1911 back in the cabinet and I never thought that was possible. The big 21 is my carry, home-defense and IDPA gun and it is a beast! Very soft shooting, unbelievably reliable...just one of the best guns I've ever used.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Ive got the Gen3 G21. It had a crimson trace laser grip installed on it. Bought it off a pawnshop about 3 years ago on Gunbroker. Cost me $500. It replaced a Sig Sauer SS P220 that I had bought for $350 back in 2006 and sold to Gander Mountain for $500 in 2010! :D Nice gun but was just too large and heavy! Id love to have one in a compact carry frame. Like Officer size.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I just did the same thing, only I went for a Glock 20sf instead of the 21. I liked it enough that I picked up a Glock 29sf the other day. I'm still a 1911/CZ fan first and foremost, but a Glock can be fun too. They are way different than my 1911s. For instance, after a range trip shooting 1911s, I spend a lot of time lovingly cleaning each of them. I did pull a boresnake through the Glock, then felt kind of silly.

While shooting on Saturday afternoon, we were shooting the Glocks and CZs and it was snowing hard for a couple of minutes. I liked not having to worry about the Glock rusting up. When we got home, the CZs were disassembled, cleaned and oiled before putting them away. I think I might have wiped the water off one of the Glocks.

Like I said, I still love the 1911s and CZs but I really like the simple utilitarian nature of the Glocks. Plus, 10+1 (15+1 in the G20) rounds of 10mm in a concealable package is pretty cool too. It's almost like being happily married and for years, not liking your egotistical sister in law that thinks she's better than everyone else while looking worse than everyone else. Then, spending a night in bed with her and realizing she can be fun too, as long as you keep the lights off. Do I feel dirty liking a Glock? Yea, sort of, but it is fun.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    Ahhhhhh....... the actions of impetuous youth!!!:ugh:

Never fear, there is still time to come to your senses.
    Return from the dark side, we have better cookies............. and gold!:n00b:

jus' kiddin'. :D

Top Bottom