• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Pakistan backing down. Says they will release the Indian pilot as a goodwill measure if it will help deescalate the situation.

Pakistan also going to be in trouble with the U.S. State Dept. since they deployed an AMRAAM missile against the Indian Mig-21 that was shot down. Those missiles were sold to Pakistan by the U.S. on the explicit condition that they would not be used against India.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Pakistan has such a long history of this type of bear-baiting, just like the Palestinians. Just once I'd like to see the bear slip the chain and US look the other way. The cost/benefit ratio for this type of **** needs to change

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    That whole "don't shoot it against India" thing was a wink and a nod. The AMRAAM is a BVR weapon and the Sov/ex-Sov planes in the area are nearly all the same.

(Although, the Jaguar is a nifty little plane.)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Pakistan has such a long history of this type of bear-baiting, just like the Palestinians. Just once I'd like to see the bear slip the chain and US look the other way. The cost/benefit ratio for this type of **** needs to change

Agreed.

Pics of the missile parts. AIM-120C-5. Hopefully the U.S. will refuse to service or sell parts to the Pakistanis for their F-16s as a result of this. Trump doesn't really like what the Pakistanis have been doing over the years (hiding Bin Laden, letting our supply convoys to Afghanistan get blown up, new Chinese naval base in Pakistan, etc.) and IIRC has a good relationship with Modi. Might be a convenient excuse to the cut off the Pakistanis for a while.

Last edited:

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Heya, sidenote: can we not abbreviate "Pakistan" to "Paki." The latter is a derogatory term. Maybe not as bad as the n-word, but adjacent to it.

Take the 'i' off and it is still an abbreviation without the baggage.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Heya, sidenote: can we not abbreviate "Pakistan" to "Paki." The latter is a derogatory term. Maybe not as bad as the n-word, but adjacent to it.

No problem T. :):

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

T.I.L. - Thanks for the info.

We try to protect against such things around here, thanks for showing us the chink in the armor.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011

We try to protect against such things around here, thanks for showing us the chink in the armor.

No problem. I knew that if anyone would see things from a different perspective, it would be you. You always have had an interesting slant on things.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

No problem. I knew that if anyone would see things from a different perspective, it would be you. You always have had an interesting slant on things.

Usually is best to nip these things in the bud.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Purple is used for sarcasm. Perhaps we can put yellow to good use as a double entendre or something.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I thought those were those jelly filled donut kinda things that show up in the Kroger bakery around Mardi Gras time... ;)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Mmm. Pocky.

tenor.gif

Top Bottom