• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Makes me wonder what is going to happen for all those people who ordered the Troy rifles that were on sale just before Black Friday. I really wanted one of those rifles, but did not have the funds.

I wonder if they will get what they ordered now?

And will Troy find someone else to sell through?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Makes me wonder what is going to happen for all those people who ordered the Troy rifles that were on sale just before Black Friday. I really wanted one of those rifles, but did not have the funds.

Probably depends upon whether they were paid for in advance. If so, Dick's will probably quietly hold their collective noses and allow it. If not, then my guess is that those customers are SOL.

Dick's wasn't Troy's only retail outlet was it?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I just talked to a sales guy at the Dicks in Hobart at the mall. He said that when he came in today, he was told to pull all AR style rifles off the shelf as well as all accessories. They are sitting in the back and have been locked out on the registers. Even if you had cash in hand, they couldn't sell you one.

Seeing Miketodd's post above I would wager no sale on the Troy's.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Probably depends upon whether they were paid for in advance. If so, Dick's will probably quietly hold their collective noses and allow it. If not, then my guess is that those customers are SOL.

Dick's wasn't Troy's only retail outlet was it?

It was my understanding that Dicks was Troy's only outlet. Troy did not think they had the production capacity to go through any other vendors or larger vendors.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Meh, Dick's was an overpriced store with **** poor customer service anyway. Nice letter Doggy, by the way. If you don't mind, I may have to "borrow" it and send it to them as well.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was my understanding that Dicks was Troy's only outlet. Troy did not think they had the production capacity to go through any other vendors or larger vendors.
    Well, if they thought they had problem meeting demand before, then they're in for a rude awakening after all this crap...

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Nothing new here, remember Colt pulling ARs after the Stockton CA. school shooting?
    Colt had a very large share of the AR market back in 89 and pulled the plug on their own. They relented to consumer demand after awhile tho' and re-released the ARs ,sans bayo lugs. Before this dies down we'll be boycotting more than Dicks, maybe we should have boycotted Colt back in 89.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    who cares?
    why is everyone making a big deal about it?
    GO TO THE NEXT STORE> Dicks didn't have a huge selection to begin with.. so i absolutly couldn't care less about them not selling guns. i'll continue to support my local gun shops!

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    who cares?
    why is everyone making a big deal about it?
    GO TO THE NEXT STORE> Dicks didn't have a huge selection to begin with.. so i absolutly couldn't care less about them not selling guns. i'll continue to support my local gun shops!

Since when does 3 or 4 people encompass everyone?

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Dick's simply understand gun owners have short memories, thats all. Suspending AR sales didn't hurt Colt back when, how many people here still buy or would buy Colt ? Dicks will get a bunch of feel good from the libs in the press and when things quiet down, start selling ARs again, just like Colt.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    I never did forgive Dick's for buying up Galyan's in Plainfield and closing it down.

The Castleton Dicks was originally a brand new store across 465 from the mall opened for less than 30 days. Dicks bought out Galyans, closed the new Dicks and re signed the Castleton Square store. Guess they were only interested in the Galyans mall locations and no competition. I miss Galyans:rolleyes:

Top Bottom