• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    I have bought a few things in Dicks - no guns. However the items I have bought will be the last sales they ever make to me. I'm sure my son's and friends will also boycott the place. Since their sales is mainly to sportsmen, I doubt they will be in business much longer.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I have been to Dick's many times, and never found anything that I wanted to buy. I hate that place, and I can't even explain it other than to say that every single time I've gone in there looking for something, I've left empty handed and disappointed.

I stopped shopping there years ago, and this will prevent me from ever going there again.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Honestly, if I can get 9mm Federal and Remington-UMC ammo there on sale for about $10 a box like I did a few weeks ago, I'll keep shopping there....and encourage Dick's to return to the gun business.

...although ironically, my local Dick's is in a "no firearms" mall.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Stinky Dicks!

The place sux anyway so who cares. I've bought a few boxes of ammo there but never again. They are the soccer mom sports store and only have select firearms to bring dad inside instead of him waiting in the car. They're too PC for me. I have no interest in the place.:noway:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    Honestly, if I can get 9mm Federal and Remington-UMC ammo there on sale for about $10 a box like I did a few weeks ago, I'll keep shopping there....and encourage Dick's to return to the gun business.

...although ironically, my local Dick's is in a "no firearms" mall.

Yes, by all means keep on giving them your money. They could care less about the 2nd Amendment

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I just talked to a sales guy at the Dicks in Hobart at the mall. He said that when he came in today, he was told to pull all AR style rifles off the shelf as well as all accessories. They are sitting in the back and have been locked out on the registers. Even if you had cash in hand, they couldn't sell you one.

Last edited:

downlinx

Expert
    Rating - 90.9%
    10   1   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    not all rifles, but AR and tactical rifles. they have taken down all of the AR related gear and accessories. they have also unstocked the ammo as well. damn DICKS just went PC.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yes, by all means keep on giving them your money. They could care less about the 2nd Amendment

So I assume you only shop in stores that sell guns?

A store that never sold guns, that's ok. But a private business makes a business decision to stop selling certain products for a time and that affects our Second Amendment rights? hmmm

Last edited:

ar1973

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Story ,IN
    my dad put a Stag arms on hold last nite until he could get ahold of me, to see if it was a good deal, at $899. I told him this morning to buy it ,but when he went there this morning he said it was still in the rack, had the tag with his name on it. but the sales lady told him she couldnt sale it to him. she also told him that a local dealer had come in yesterday and bought 13 of them, for resale . he told her he would be selling them for $1300. today. (what a D-bag)

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    We all knew something like this could be forced but being proactive and discontinuing sales on their own volition? I can see were the retailers motivation lies with the Christmas shopping season in full swing and public pressure for something top happen with AW control. Comes down to the bottom line of the profit and loss statement in the end.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I sent this email to Dick's customer service after I unsubscribed from their email flyer:

To Dick's Sporting Goods,

This morning I saw on the news that you have made the decision to pull "certain" sporting firearms from your stores and your website because of the elementary school shooting in Connecticut. Because of this knee-jerk reaction on your part, I can no longer in good conscience continue to patronize your business.

What happened there is a tragedy, without a doubt. No one is disputing that. However, it was not a gun that caused so much death and misery. It was a mentally ill person, just the same as it was in the Oregon mall shooting, the Aurora, Colorado theater shooting, the Columbine shootings, ad infinitum. However, Dick's Sporting Goods, like many of the liberal politicians and media talking heads, seems to want to place the responsibility upon the tool that was used, and not the user of that tool.

In doing so, you are alienating and doing a disservice to the millions of law abiding American citizens that own guns for target shooting, hunting and personal defense. And please, don't tell me that these rifles that you were promoting on your flyers and websites as "modern sporting arms" up until this latest act of an insane person suddenly became something else. I guarantee you that they did not.

My suggestion to you is that rather than blaming an inanimate object for what happened in Connecticut by the course of action that you have decided to take, why not do something meaningful, like donate a portion of your profits to mental health research and care. That is where the problem lies. It does not lie with an inanimate piece of metal and plastic that is neither evil nor good.

Sincerely,

Jim K

Top Bottom