• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Somewhere
    I talked to the guy that works the gun counter at the Dick's in Lafayette. He says they have sold more guns so far this year than ever, even when they cannot supply ammo. He said he didn't know anyone was mad at the store or boycotting anything.

That's cuz only yuppie tards buying their first .22 from the same place they buy all their North Face clothing.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Wasn't happy with their service but would still stop in for a good sale price on a gun or ammo. Now I don't even look at their ads, not getting another dime from me. I have other stores I can be treated like crap despite handing over several hundred dollar bills per visit. The fewer on that list, the better.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    Went to Dick's a couple days ago after this thread kindled my interest.......

Hmmm. I don't play golf, don't need any running shoes. Lots of pretty clothes, but I wear jeans and shirts with loud, obnoxious prints.

Went upstairs: Saw a glass case off in the distance FULL of some sort of ammo. Could it be???

Nope. Got up close, shotgun shells only. Just like every other chain store.

Don't think I'll go back anytime soon.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Boycotts don't last long in our "community".

Partial quote from another member "Don't like dicks much but they had a great price........".

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    That's cuz only yuppie tards buying their first .22 from the same place they buy all their North Face clothing.

Hippys wear North Face? Did you even read the post you responded to? He clearly said and I quote,
    "I talked to the guy that works the gun counter at the Dick's in Lafayette. He says they have sold more guns so far this year than ever, even when they cannot supply ammo. He said he didn't know anyone was mad at the store or boycotting anything."

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Hippys wear North Face? Did you even read the post you responded to? He clearly said and I quote,
    "I talked to the guy that works the gun counter at the Dick's in Lafayette. He says they have sold more guns so far this year than ever, even when they cannot supply ammo. He said he didn't know anyone was mad at the store or boycotting anything."

Yuppies, not hippies. Yuppies are the people that buy golf shirts at Dicks (golf shirts and folding chairs being the flagship items of the Dick's inventory).

CharlesGoodnight

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    From a business standpoint, they just did not want the headache. I get it having worked at high levels for major corporations. We should be thankful they sell guns and ammo. It keeps prices down overall.

I respect anyone's right not to shop there. I don't buy guns from there because I believe in trying to support LGS or more outdoor-oriented stores. But I will buy other sporting goods at Dicks because of price and selection - overall value.

Rexmage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2013
    Marshall Co
    The first time I went to Dicks to see if I could find some golf gloves to use as shooting gloves. I couldn't get anyone to help me to save my life. SO I wandered to the outdoors section and though there were 3 clerks milling around, not a one said boo to me, even when I was peering into the glass case with my hands cupped over my eyes to see past the glare. 2 feet away and no one notices or cares. For that simple fact alone, that they ignored me I wont go back.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Dicks made me mad when they bought Gaylans. Why would anyone buy a shirt three times more than you can get it on the net? I can't imagine guns and ammo.

efpeter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    They really do not want to be in the gun business.
    I worked at one many yeas ago in the "LODGE" department.

Wow. Four people had to sign off on every purchase, once the 4473 was started, the customer could not touch the gun again until they were physically outside of the building...
    A woman asked me if she could buy a 10/22 for her husbands Christmas present. I said yes. Manager says "NO. THAT IS A FELONY!!!!" Despite the fact that it describes that very scenario on the 4473 form, he refused to back down from the straw purchase thing.

I didn't last long there, even as a part time gig.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... He clearly said and I quote,

:dunno: Kinda like getting electronics or hardware advice from the counter guys at Walmart, eh?

Dick’s Sales, Stocks Drop Following Black Gun Ban - AR15.COM

Boycotts don't last long in our "community".
    Only a few put themselves before the best interest of the rest of us who support the 2nd Amendment.

Last edited:

Movealongmovealong

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Bloomington
    I won't give them any more of my business. I didn't give them much before, but mainly because they seemed to be more of a yuppie clothing and shoe store with a little outdoor gear (shooting, camping, fishing) thrown in as an afterthought. :dunno:

That's probably because it's a sporting goods store (Dick's Sporting Goods), not an outdoors/hunting store (Gander, Bass Pro).

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Never again. We should only support the companies that won't cave under anti-gun pressures when something like Newtown happens.

ultrabob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    morristown in
    I never liked shopping there anyway prices were too high all you have to do is look around hardly any one in the store when i do go there. this is just one more reason not to go. i dont nsee how they stay in bussiness

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    With Dick's it's never been a boycott with me.

When Dick's came to town, and Galyan's was still in business it was CLEAR that Dick's was an inferior store in comparison.

Now that Galyan's is gone, I'm not going to shop at Dick's just because they're there.

Top Bottom