• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Given that there is really no compelling reason to buy any new production Colt, sure.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I have been going to Dick's for the last month or so, simply because they have the only ammo I have seen in any store 10miles from my house. I have gotten pretty decent customer service at Dick's. They were more than willing to tell me their shipping schedule for when ammo gets there, they stood around and talked to me about some questions I had raised, and last week I got .22lr 325 Federal bulk for 17.99. That's a much better price than I've seen everyone complaining about...

I have asked around to any store, including my LGS, and they all just dismissed me because I'm young. I realize that not all young people are the same, but personally, I want to learn all I can about firearms. My family is scared of them, yet knows nothing about them. Learning is very hard to do when my LGS looks at me like a child and considers me incompetent because I have a lot of questions.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Remember when GM and Chryser were bailed out by the Gov. and everyone was complaining and said they would never buy one of their products again??? Look at their sales now!! People have short memories.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I do understand, but began this thread wondering how long this kind of sentiment would last. Is anyone still boycotting Colt?
    Analysts: Colt's Image Will Profit From AR-15 Suspension

Oh, didn't know they were even still in business. ;) Last Colt I bought was in the eighties?

I have been going to Dick's for the last month or so, simply because they have the only ammo I have seen in any store 10miles from my house. I have gotten pretty decent customer service at Dick's. They were more than willing to tell me their shipping schedule for when ammo gets there, they stood around and talked to me about some questions I had raised, and last week I got .22lr 325 Federal bulk for 17.99. That's a much better price than I've seen everyone complaining about...

I have asked around to any store, including my LGS, and they all just dismissed me because I'm young. I realize that not all young people are the same, but personally, I want to learn all I can about firearms. My family is scared of them, yet knows nothing about them. Learning is very hard to do when my LGS looks at me like a child and considers me incompetent because I have a lot of questions.

You think they might have ammo in stock at better prices and time to talk to you because a high percentage of your fellow gun owners refuse to support a business that doesn't support their interests?

Last edited:

45 LongColt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Indiana
    They have no hand gun stock, and very little rifle stock. The few time I shopped there, they have a little ammo but nothing to cheer about. The guy working the counter was less than friendly. I have not been back and I don`t miss going there. What else can I say?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Remember when GM and Chryser were bailed out by the Gov. and everyone was complaining and said they would never buy one of their products again??? Look at their sales now!! People have short memories.

What you say is mostly true. Check the records, the "Chrysler bailout" was a loan that was repaid WITH INTEREST ahead of schedule. Most of the funds came from the rank and file workers making wage and benefit concesions. Not only was it almost the only time in history that a government transaction actually MADE money, but over 70,000 American workers benefited from the jobs and they all spent money in their communities. GM, on the otherhand, just took that money to replace what executives stole from the company coffers. Part of that was termed a loan, that they did pay off, by using money granted them in the form of a bail out. A little bit different.

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I had it with Dicks long before they pulled the ARs. I went in about a safe and no one knew any thing about them or where to get the information. Asked about a canoe and was told by the manager to talk to his guy that knew every thing about canoes. He didn't know any thing about them or where to get the information that I needed. I have not been back. I will not do business with a place that can't give you support on a product that they sell. If they can't get me any information on the product before I buy it how are they going to treat me if I have a problem with the item.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee

Ah you failed to look at some things that are driving the sales, Government contracts for GM vehicles, the push to get the non standard credit crowd to buy their vehicles etc. But I digress those that stand on their principles will continue to avoid Dicks. I for one had an awful customer service experience at the at the Homd Depot and Direct tv. Wont be doing business with either of them ever again. It has been over a year with out Directv and we have Netflix now $8.00 a month lots of family programing available and never a shortage of some thing to watch. So yes the free market does work. Another plus of not having Directv is that it allows for the purchase of other things such as a box of ammo here or there.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Here's something for those that are boycotting Dick's over their vow against firearms after Sandyhook. They gone back on that "vow" and plan on opening up a subsidary called "Field and Stream" where they plan to sell plenty of those evil vile guns.

Dick's Sporting Goods skirts Newtown gun promise- MSN Money

Yeah, that was discussed a while back too...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...99-dicks-field-stream-stores-coming-line.html

...it's good to educate the unaware who care. :yesway:

Meena

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Central IN
    Yes I grew up with Galyans and even bought my first shotgun from them in Plainfield. They used to have some of the big name fisherman come in to talk like Bill Dance and Roland Martin. Tells you I am not very young I guess. :)

Top Bottom