• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    LOL DHS puts out the king of paranoid videos and still, somehow, us "anti government types" are the ones wearing the tin-foil hats.

I'm not the one paranoid about people paying in cash. You want to talk about tin-foil, un-wrap your face and take a look into the mirror.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    LOL DHS puts out the king of paranoid videos and still, somehow, us "anti government types" are the ones wearing the tin-foil hats.

I'm not the one paranoid about people paying in cash. You want to talk about tin-foil, un-wrap your face and take a look into the mirror.

20 or so years ago, the mantra was that if you saw someone paying cash for plane tickets, that they should be reported because it was "evidence" that they were drug dealers, and the war on drugs required that we, as Americans, should help our government fight that war by reporting it.

Now, just substitute "terror" for "drugs" in all references, and the actual object remains the same. It's simply a distraction for the War on Rights. Since there's no realistic way for the government to TAKE our rights, since that's impossible, the only recourse for them is to get citizens to willingly (and gladly) relinquish their rights.

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Hmmm.... I went to a motel in Chicago the other day and saw all kinds of suspicious middle easterners all over the place. Of course they had this total BS cover story about "owning" the motel. That must be terrorist code. I think I'll report them tomorrow.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    LOL DHS puts out the king of paranoid videos

Please source this, as I am even 10 yrs later still very afraid of terrorist attacks coming state side. We are one of the few countries that have not had subway, airport, hotel, street-side, bus, market, hospital, park, ect, ect bombings. Europe has a mess on their hands, Japan and China have even seen activity, not to mention Africa, and almost all of the middle east. Ladies and Gentlemen.... Terrorism isn't a tinfoil subject, it's real and it really does happen everyday.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Please source this, as I am even 10 yrs later still very afraid of terrorist attacks coming state side. We are one of the few countries that have not had subway, airport, hotel, street-side, bus, market, hospital, park, ect, ect bombings. Europe has a mess on their hands, Japan and China have even seen activity, not to mention Africa, and almost all of the middle east. Ladies and Gentlemen.... Terrorism isn't a tinfoil subject, it's real and it really does happen everyday.

our govt is doing a fine job of domestic terroism by burning our constitution. dont worry,,, as soon as they lose momentum they will allow or orchestrate another "terrorist" attack so people affraid like you will hand over your rights to the first bill that promises protection.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

You're right, it really does happen. Don't know about every day.

And the terrorism is working beautifully by encouraging every citizen to act like a fascist.

Common sense tells us that this video will not turn your standard idiot into a top notch terrorist-spotter. People with the brain cells and awareness will notice things that are legitimately suspicious. This just encourages the idiots to be a nosy pain in the a**.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    You guys can call it whatever you want. I don't agree with everything they (government types) do, however, I have not witnessed an attack on my soil in a decade, as other countries have.

You think we have actually lost rights? We talk about this all the time, but what have we really lost? I would say convenience more than anything and we do get bullied, but no more than the past, it just easier now to mass broadcast now, so everyone is more away. Of course, tinfoil will win this one, as all arguments and logic are colors of the enemy.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    we have lost all our rights if you wanna allow them to be taken. I know my rights cannot be taken by any man, so I haven't lost ****. but there are perceived losses! If you think all your rights are in tact then just read the patriot act. If you truely read it you will come up to speed on this issue. until then you are doing 40 MPH in a 100 MPH zone.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

Yes, this is all very true. The point is, though, would be "is it worth turning our country into a Soviet-style police state in the name of preventing terrorism?" There was probably little in the way of terrorism in Russia during the Soviet era, and there is probably very little terrorism in North Korea, but is that what we want to become in order to "make us safe?"

Even if that was implemented, is there any guarantee that subjecting random people to interrogation or other intrusive actions would prevent a major attack? Or is it possible that such increasingly oppressive tactics may increase active resistance by our own population? OK City was supposedly a direct response to Waco and Ruby Ridge. Is it much of an improvement to have people so fed up with government infringements that they blow up government buildings as opposed to adherents of a different religion blowing up government buildings?

It's difficult to be a "beacon of liberty lighting the way of freedom and individual rights" to the world, when the beacon is wrapped in barbed wire, and our own citizens are subjected to scrutiny for dreaming of the say when they could bask in the glory of its illumination, rather than having to settle for historical pictures of what it used to look like.

It's probably "probable cause" for someone to take a picture of it now.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You think we have actually lost rights? We talk about this all the time, but what have we really lost? I would say convenience more than anything and we do get bullied, but no more than the past, it just easier now to mass broadcast now, so everyone is more away. Of course, tinfoil will win this one, as all arguments and logic are colors of the enemy.

Yes, we have lost rights.

But the bigger issue is all psychological. As we get strip searched and violated by the TSA, harassed for legally open-carrying guns, disarmed and left defenseless in schools, and encouraged to stick our noses in our fellow citizens' business, we are building up a tolerance for this sort of crap. This serves to get us warmed up and bent over for when they really start oppressing us.

And that's not tin foil, that's just fact. It may not be some big conspiracy where some mystical group is doing this on purpose. Nevertheless, it is happening. Probably because it is just the very nature of government.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You guys can call it whatever you want. I don't agree with everything they (government types) do, however, I have not witnessed an attack on my soil in a decade, as other countries have.

And how many attacks were there previous to 2001, BEFORE the more draconian measures were instituted? Was it the draconian measures post 9/11 that prevented attacks then as well?

Let's see, besides being "bullied" and the "inconvenience" you mention, I would say that the right to fly without the police state tactics are you required to submit to would be a good example, or do you just put that in the "inconvenience" column? Perhaps it's the necessity to submit to searches at sporting and concert venues? How about having snipers and spy blimps looking at you when you attend outdoor events? Or, is that just bullying? Could it be some cities getting observation drones to use against their citizens? It's not inconvenient, and it doesn't really bully you, since you probably won't even see it. Is it, therefore, acceptable?

How about the Border Patrol interrogations that take place HUNDREDS of miles from the border? Those are certainly inconvenient. But, don't you think that even ignoring the inconvenience factor they are an infringement? ("Papers please")
    Our forefathers fought a war over infringements that pale in comparison - mainly taxes - yet our willingness to pay our outlandish taxes would be incomprehensible to them. Our willingness to gleefully ("Patriotically") hand over a substantial portion of our income to a government which will use it to inconvenience, bully, and spy on us would have them scratching their heads in bewilderment. That we pay someone to search and question us so that we don't hurt ourselves would surely bring a forlorn tear to their eyes.

We could totally eliminate terrorist acts in this country by putting every single person in prison. Just don't let them have a tube of toothpaste!

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Yes, we have lost rights.

please source
    -------------------------------------------

And that's not tin foil, that's just fact. It may not be some big conspiracy where some mystical group is doing this on purpose. Nevertheless, it is happening. Probably because it is just the very nature of government.

BINGO

You guys can call it whatever you want. I don't agree with everything they (government types) do...SNIP
    But it doesn't mean that everything they are doing is to purposefully make this place worse either.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Terror attacks have increase all over the world since the fall of 2001, oh wait except here, so something is clearly working... to the rest of the post, MEH.

We've had "terror" attacks in the United States since Autumn 2001. You're just flat-out wrong.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0

Three in three years. How soon we forget.
    June 1, Little Rock, Arkansas: Abdulhakim Muhammed, a Muslim convert from Memphis, Tennessee, is charged with shooting two soldiers outside a military recruiting center. One is killed and the other is wounded. In a January 2010 letter to the judge hearing his case, Muhammed asked to change his plea from not guilty to guilty, claimed ties to al-Qaeda, and called the shooting a jihadi attack "to fight those who wage war on Islam and Muslims."
    Nov Army: Fort Hood Gunman in Custody After 12 Killed, 31 Injured in Rampage
    Dec. 25: A Nigerian man on a flight from Amsterdam to Detroit attempted to ignite an explosive device hidden in his underwear. The explosive device that failed to detonate was a mixture of powder and liquid that did not alert security personnel in the airport. The alleged bomber, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, told officials later that he was directed by the terrorist group Al Qaeda. The suspect was already on the government's watch list when he attempted the bombing; his father, a respected Nigerian banker, had told the U.S. government that he was worried about his son's increased extremism.

May 2, New York City: After discovering a bomb in a smoking vehicle parked in Times Square, authorities arrest Faisal Shahzad, a Pakistani who recently became a naturalized U.S. citizen, and charge him with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction and several other federal charges. American officials later announce that the Pakistani Taliban likely played a role in the bomb plot, including training Shahzad.

Top Bottom