• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    "There's more to life than drugs and violence. I want to help people."

So I guess she was entering the house to wash the dishes?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Never take a knife to a gun fight.

https://www.news-press.com/story/ne...her-son-killed-friend-self-defense/746267002/

Diane Cornelison said her son shot Helton, who was his neighbor, when Helton attacked him with gloves and a serrated knife in his Payne Lane home just before 8 p.m.

Obviously, Helton simply wanted to challenge Jones to a duel.

"My son was attacked by Jerry," she said. "From what I understand, it escalated into him grabbing his gun that he had by the door and he shot Jerry."

Jones wasn't having anything to do with swords though.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just saw this thread! :thumbsup:
    I appreciate it so much!
    I get so tired of noone knowing how much better off the ordinary citizen is b/c they know some of them are armed and it could be a bigger risk to attack someone.
    Criminals are expert in profiling and knowing the weakest in the flock and pick accordingly.
    I found it satisfying when I read of a mother at home with her child and her husband working the night shift and a man is trying to break into the house and she is on 911 and lets them know she will shoot the man if he gets in.
    When it went to court and she was asked why she shot the "suspect" xx amount of times (don't remember but it must have been a double-stack), she responded: "I didn't have any more ammunition in my gun."
    No charges were fired.
    It makes me mad that she even had to go through such a justification process when a stranger broke into her home at night: really??!!!!

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    This is what happens when you live in a subdivision where every house looks alike.

https://www.wjtv.com/news/homeowner-shoots-man-trying-to-enter-wrong-home-police-say/1275044248

This has happened several times in Texas as well, including the intruder ignoring warnings from the occupants. They’re one street off, and so stupid drunk and/or high that when warned by occupants they get mad at the people who locked them out of “their” house and break down the door.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Tragic!

https://www.opb.org/news/article/portland-state-shooting-victim-jason-erik-washington/

Two of Washington’s colleagues and at least one witness say Washington, 45, was black.

Obviously pertinant

Video footage shows what appears to be a black object attached to Washington’s right side as he’s seen pulling one man off another. Two PSU police officers can also be seen.
    “The gun slipped out of the holster when he had fallen, and I think he may have tried to retrieve it,” Smith said. “Then they said ‘gun.’”

I hope you have good retention, or the presence of mind not to act like an FBI dancer.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When it went to court and she was asked why she shot the "suspect" xx amount of times (don't remember but it must have been a double-stack), she responded: "I didn't have any more ammunition in my gun."
    No charges were fired.
    It makes me mad that she even had to go through such a justification process when a stranger broke into her home at night: really??!!!!

You don't go to court if charges aren't filed.

That's an incredibly stupid answer to "why'd you shoot that many times" if true. Each pull of the trigger is a separate use of force requiring it's own justification. You're making it a lot easier to eat a criminal charge and adding zeroes to any check in civil court.

*Of course* you have to justify your acts. You just killed somebody. There's no voice from upon high that shouts "Justified Shooting, Everybody Go Home!"

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The druggie mom wants to lash out at the guy that her precious angel came at with a knife. Makes sense.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how someone might think (even if she wasn't a smack head) a person that gets smoked breaking into your home, and pulling out knife, is an "unjustified" shoot.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how someone might think (even if she wasn't a smack head) a person that gets smoked breaking into your home, and pulling out knife, is an "unjustified" shoot.

Oh. I have a sister-in-law who would come to that conclusion.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Because..
    People no longer believe there should be consequences.
    People think GUNS are super dooper evil, and cause special violence. And nothing else is a weapon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Because..
    People think GUNS are super dooper evil, and cause special violence. And nothing else is a weapon.

Well. Maybe my SIL’s point of view is exemplary of the mindset which can lend some insight into the belief. It’s actually a steaming pile of [STRIKE]****[/STRIKE] virtue.

In one of our conversations about guns, I think it was the one when she said it would offend her conscience even to touch a gun, because it might tempt her. :rolleyes: Anyway, in that conversation I asked her what if someone invaded your home and you had access and for whatever reason you have an opportunity ro use a gun? She said something like, “I could never take a human life, even to save my own. If the person kills me they must have a reason that they need to live more than me.” Or something along those lines. What self righteous horse ****!

Okay. Maybe she’s really THAT altruistic. So I ask what if your kids’ lives are threatened? “Then that’s just our fate. I can never take another human’s life.” I wish I would have thought to ask, aren’t you taking your children’s life by not availing yourself of the opportunity to save them? Aren’t you sacrificing your own children for the sake of clinging to your own righteousness? Maybe your virtue will console you as you mourn your dead kids.

Anyway, I’ve heard similar things from progressives. I kinda think that’s why so many the Brits put up with not really having a right to defend themselves. It’s a smarmy, steaming pile of fake virtue.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I deal with Brits and Aussies every day on another site. It can get frustrating.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Because..

...to themselves for their own actions. But if their little darlin' steals stuff out of your house to fund her drug habits, well, that's just a cost society has to bear to have common sense gun laws, and because its unfair you are successful enough to have a garage door opener.

Top Bottom