• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The democrats fought women's suffrage as hard as they did civil rights for blacks.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    A month old but I don't think it's covered in this thread:

Live update on clerk's fatal shooting of robbery suspect | KFDM

Police say William Broughton, 55, used a toy gun to hold up the clerk at Crawdad's, 4080 Interstate 10, shortly after 2 a.m. Monday.
    According to investigators, the clerk gave Broughton money but said Broughton continued coming at him. Police say the clerk was in fear of his life when he used his person weapon to shoot Broughton.

Broughton ran out of store to a nearby intersection and collapsed. Police found him dead.

This was in Orange, Texas.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thanks, for the update.

Sorry about the dupe link, I must have not cleared my clipboard.

I have no Idea where ti look for the right link. Again, sorry.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just a bit of perspective.​ Yes the mom did several things wrong, but the outcome was good.

Mom shoots man who took her car with kids inside - Story | KDFW

https://www.breitbart.com/big-gover...in-backseat-gets-shot-in-head-by-mother/#bbvb

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/nat...cialFlowTwt_NYBrand&__twitter_impression=true

Yay mom.

I could critique some things she did, but she came through in the end.

ETA: Mom did not have a License to Carry, but under Texas Motorist Protection Act you can carry a loaded handgun in a vehicle as long as it is concealed, you are not committing a crime greater than Class C misdemeanor (e.g. a traffic violation), you are not prohibited by federal law from possessing firearms, and you are not a member of a criminal gang. This explains why she had the gun in the glove box, not on her person while she was out of the car. She had only recently acquired the handgun.

Shandon Watts.
    Didn't think she could say more stupid things.
    I was wrong.
    36797003_1739917002771614_7001460063063769088_n.jpg

I thought maybe it was fake, so I looked at her twitter feed.
    Holy cap that woman tweets a lot.

I had to go back and look at the date.
    Yup, it's there.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    The suspect, who is a regular at the restaurant and reportedly had been cursing at his server throughout the night for taking too long with his order, came behind the counter and punched her in the face.
    Within seconds, the woman’s colleague pulled out a handgun from her waistband and pointed at him until he backed off.

According to local media, the victim is back at work and she said the restaurant’s owner allows employees to carry a concealed weapon as long as they have a permit.

Watch: Pistol-packing waitress defends George Webb co-worker during attack | Fox News

Hey Shannon, this is a win too.

video at link. That was a vicious punch. And the coworker was much faster than “within seconds”.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    6 robberies in 6 hours: Suspects wanted for crime spree across Channelview and Cloverleaf

6 robberies in 6 hours: Suspects wanted for crime spree across Channelview and Cloverleaf | abc13.com

[FONT=&quot]The clerk shot one of the robbers. He survived. Deputies say the two robbers were arrested. Investigators do not think they were connected to the six robberies that happened on July 5.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]"I've always told him, if you're in fear of your life, don't do anything stupid. Give up the money if you have to. Don't put your life in jeopardy," Hudec said.[/FONT]

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That was a perfect example of choosing the right time to draw. And she was quick!
    Makes me wonder if that type of interaction with customers is common there. She drew the gun, seemed to get the punched girl behind her and then started what I would believe to be verbal commands (and maybe some trash talk) until the punchy dude leaves.

When I have bad service I usually just don't leave a tip. Maybe if it was bad enough I would find a manager... but I have never felt the need to punch the help.

Wow...

Top Bottom