Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Armed driver scares off carjackers in Midlothian parking lot

Midlothian is in Texas.

Guy in car outside shop waiting on his wife. Two dudes hop in his car, one has hand under shirt pointing apparent gun at him, says "the next words out of your mouth I'm going to send you to heaven." Driver (NRA, TSRA, LTC) pulls out .40 Glock and says "well, let's both go together.” Both dudes hop out of car, police nab them later. Turns out Mr. Hand-under-shirt was pointing his finger.

Kudos to driver for driving off the carjackers and cool comeback, but I think he's very lucky it was a finger gun. And keep your doors locked.

I can't imagine not having my doors locked.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;bmYWc6ReJbc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmYWc6ReJbc[/video]

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Great video. I followed a link from it and found this one. From Brazil, but still an excellent use of defensive firearm in my opinion.

Trying to post the vid link, hope it works.

[video=youtube;2EwJYRVixIU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwJYRVixIU[/video]

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    https://www.wbir.com/article/news/c...uBanWOM7JHpFE1RKqlbMJcZoVB2DerqhrKnXatrHZMeS8

Two inmates a South Carolina county jail overpowered two jail officers and escaped. One was caught by deputies, the other tried breaking into backdoor of the home of a woman who had a carry permit and a gun to go with it. She shot him. He was airlifted to a hospital but pronounced dead.

The sheriff noted: "The lady saved her own life because … she got trained on how to use a gun to protect herself."

This occurred yesterday (Tue 4 Dec 18), which in a slight coincidence is the same day that Texas executed a third member of the "Texas Seven", a group of seven inmates who overpowered prison staff and escaped from a Texas prison in 2000. While on the loose killed Irving policer Aubrey Hawkins on Christmas Eve 2000. One of the seven killed himself when cornered, the other six were captured, tried, and sentenced to death. Three have been executed, three more still on Death Row.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another stain removed from the ink blotter of society:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sheriff-woman-kills-jail-escapee-kicks-her-door-181806403.html

Synopsis; bad guy breaks out of jail, kicks in back door of home at 3 a.m. Woman alone at home, bad guy brought knife to a gunfight. I believe they should calculate the amount of money this pos would have cost the state and award it to the woman.

Dammit! Scooped.

Left for editorial comment.

The story I read said he grabbed a honing steel from her kitchen. Not a knife, but a sharpener. That would have hurt if he had started stabbing her with it.

20160922-knife-steels-vicky-wasik-3.jpg

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    So this happened back in August: https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...ed-near-turtle-creek-highland-park-police-say

In Dallas a man & woman caught breaking into vehicle(s), shot at by third party as they flee. They flee in a truck to Highland Park (suburb of Big D) where man shoves woman out of vehicle in a shopping center parking lot, shouts to bystander the woman is wounded and to take care of her, and drives off. A few blocks down the road he crashes into some other vehicles, flees scene leaving truck behind, later caught on foot and wonder of wonders, he has a gunshot wound also. Cops tie all the incidents together, charge them with aggravated robbery for the initial incident, plus others stemming from the subsequent events, and, wonder of wonders, they have priors as well.

Article ends with "Detectives filed two aggravated assault reports against the man who fired the shots. The case will be referred to a grand jury."

Fast forward to today, 12 Dec, where on another forum I frequent we have a thread about this incident, someone just posted "I just got word that the prosecutor has decided not to take the case to a grand jury. The two people did not get shot for burglary, they got shot for trying to run me over." He also had praise for the way DPD handled things on scene.

Score another one in the DGU column.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Teen surrenders to CHL holder after allegedly throwing rock during road rage fight
    Oliveira and the four other suspects confronted him and one of them tossed a "large rock" through his driver's window, striking him in the head, authorities said.

The victim, a concealed handgun license* holder, then started shooting at the suspects. Police don't believe he struck any of them, but Oliveira surrendered to him at the scene. The victim held him at gunpoint until police arrived, officials said.
    The rock inflicted more injury than the gun, but the gun ended the confrontation.

The captured one is in jail on $75K bond for assault with a deadly weapon. Police found two more, and are looking for the other rock-throwers.

ETA: Another article: https://news4sanantonio.com/news/lo...ad-rage-incident-fights-back-captures-suspect
    This article shows a picture of the victim's (presumably) car with a broken driver's window. This will aid his self-defense justification.

* "concealed handgun license" is old school. Since the advent of open carry, Texas issues the License to Carry (LTC).

Last edited:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Police identify man killed in confrontation with clerk over photos at Walgreens, police say

Hurley had pulled a gun during a confrontation with the employee about the photographs, according to police.

The interaction between Hurley and the clerk, who was not identified, escalated when the clerk attempted to verify the man was the owner of the photographs.

The clerk backed away and attempted to call 911 as Hurley allegedly retreated with the photographs. Hurley was allegedly threatening to kill the clerk around that time, and then allegedly returned to the counter in an effort to cross over it again.

"The clerk then pulled his own gun and shot the deceased multiple times," Watkins said.

No arrests had been made Wednesday in connection to the triple shooting.

Two other people — a customer and an employee — were struck by gunfire. The two bystanders were behind Hurley, Tulsa Police Sgt. Brandon Watkins said.

Top Bottom