• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2...ted-down-shoots-and-kills-roommates-murderer/
    Man Being “Methodically Hunted Down” by His Roommate’s Murderer Shoots and Kills Him

Man that is some scary crap right there. I don't fraternize with my neighbors enough that they come into my house invited so seeing one in there would really get me going.

So sorry about the room mate, but happy that the other guy lived... even though I imagine he will have some serious issues to deal with.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

I did a follow up on this to see if there’s anything new. The assailants name is Sirvon Timothy Strickland. Unsurprisingly he has had previous violent encounters. He was arrested for punching his ex-wife in the face during a custody exchange, and he and his brother stabbed each other in a fight over money.

The National Gun Violence Memorial lists Sirvon as a “victim” of gun violence, which I find vile.

As far as I can tell the cousin who defended himself with a handgun is in the clear.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I did a follow up on this to see if there’s anything new. The assailants name is Sirvon Timothy Strickland. Unsurprisingly he has had previous violent encounters. He was arrested for punching his ex-wife in the face during a custody exchange, and he and his brother stabbed each other in a fight over money.

The National Gun Violence Memorial lists Sirvon as a “victim” of gun violence, which I find vile.

As far as I can tell the cousin who defended himself with a handgun is in the clear.

That's the problem with the "victims of gun violence" stat.
    They've listed criminals shot doing what criminals do.
    They've listed the Boston marathon bomber.
    On and on.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas

Googled a bit to see if there is more info. There's a little bit more detail on the event itself (which police are still not saying if it was an attempted robbery or an attempted assassination). There's also this:
    The Jefferson County Coroner’s Office identified the man has Antonio Demond Sanders. He was 24 and lived in Birmingham. He had only recently completed The Dannon Project, a program aimed at reducing recidivism.

Previous plea deal resulted in conviction for marijuana and unlicensed carry of a pistol, attendance at the recidivism program. His probation was revoked on Monday before he had been identified as the masked man in the McDonald's incident.

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/...ing-identified-as-birmingham-24-year-old.html

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Let's not forget

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/stephen-willeford-sutherland-springs-mass-murder/
    [h=1]The Hero of the Sutherland Springs Shooting Is Still Reckoning with What Happened that Day[/h]A year in the life of Stephen Willeford, who disrupted the mass murder in his small town’s First Baptist Church and became known as the ultimate good guy with a gun.

Which is being (or was being) discussed here...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ple-shot-church-sutherland-springs-texas.html

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Let's not forget

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/stephen-willeford-sutherland-springs-mass-murder/
    The Hero of the Sutherland Springs Shooting Is Still Reckoning with What Happened that Day

A year in the life of Stephen Willeford, who disrupted the mass murder in his small town’s First Baptist Church and became known as the ultimate good guy with a gun.

Which is being (or was being) discussed here...
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ple-shot-church-sutherland-springs-texas.html

Thanks for posting that. A sobering reminder of the evil that can occur. Thank God for that gentleman for responding and saving those he could.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Thanks for posting that. A sobering reminder of the evil that can occur. Thank God for that gentleman for responding and saving those he could.

And how about the driver that helped.
    Johnnie Langendorff, a 27-year-old who had driven down from Seguin, thirty minutes north, that morning to visit his girlfriend, had arrived at the intersection across the street from the church just as the gunman walked out and began firing at Willeford. Langendorff had already dialed 911 when Willeford, whom he’d never met, ran toward him, barefoot and brandishing a warm AR-15.
    “That guy just shot up the church,” Willeford shouted. “We need to stop him.”

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    And how about the driver that helped.
    Johnnie Langendorff, a 27-year-old who had driven down from Seguin, thirty minutes north, that morning to visit his girlfriend, had arrived at the intersection across the street from the church just as the gunman walked out and began firing at Willeford. Langendorff had already dialed 911 when Willeford, whom he’d never met, ran toward him, barefoot and brandishing a warm AR-15.
    “That guy just shot up the church,” Willeford shouted. “We need to stop him.”

Yep, didn't mean to leave him out. How many people would have just driven off saying it wasn't their problem? Kudos for him doing the right thing... :yesway:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yep, didn't mean to leave him out. How many people would have just driven off saying it wasn't their problem? Kudos for him doing the right thing... :yesway:

And I didn't mean to imply to mean that you left him out.

But, to me, that guy did what he could. As far as I know, he didn't have a gun. but he called the police.
    Then drove this stranger with a gun, to go after another stranger with a gun.

In my mind, it's like a guy ran up with an AR in his hand, and an eagle on his shoulder, and shouted "let's go do some American **** (stuff)".
    And he did.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    These are old, 2011 and 2014, but new to me, so:

2011:https://www.journal-news.com/news/crime--law/clerk-says-didn-want-shoot-alleged-robber/mAyH0XIiIv4Pp7OQFSER3I/

[Grayson] Matthews said [Curtiss Jason] Wright walked into the family-owned business around 8:30 p.m. Saturday, wearing a plastic bag over his face with eye holes pocked out. When the suspect demanded money, Matthews said he grabbed the $37 — a ten, two fives and 17 ones — out of the register and handed the cash over. …

Matthews told the suspect he kept more money in his front right pocket of his pants. He showed Wright the money, switched it from his right to his left hand, and when Wright’s eyes followed, Matthews told him he kept $200 more under the counter.

That’s when he grabbed a .38-caliber revolver, fired three shots, at least one striking Wright in the left shoulder. Wright raced out of the neighborhood store, ran to a nearby residence and dropped the plastic bag and his weapon — later identified as a piece of aluminum — on the back porch.

Mr. Matthews was uninjured. Mr. Wright was caught by police and awarded 5 years free lodging at one of the State of Ohio's lodging facilities, eligible for early check out in 2015.

Three years later same store, same clerk: Clerk shot in gun battle during store robbery no stranger to defending himself

The clerk, Grayson Matthews, 53, told police that two males entered the store and demanded money.

A gun battle ensued with several shots fired. Grayson was hit in the side, police said. He pulled a weapon of his own and told police he thought he shot one of the suspect's in the face.

Shortly after the robbery, a man suffering from a gunshot wound to the head arrived at Fort Hamilton Hughes Hospital.

This time Mr. Matthews received a punctured lung and broken ribs. Aside from being shot in the head, I don't know what became of the robbers.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Top Bottom