• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I got into my daily commuter after a quick range session last week, and retrieving my holstered Glock-43 out of my range bag, that I had placed onto the passenger seat of my old Ford Taurus, I went to put it into my jacket pocket but realized I had already belted myself in (Safety First), so my pocket opening area, was covered by my lap and shoulder seatbelt.
    Being the lazy butt I am, I just looked down and "EUREKA", decided that my Glock-43 in a kydex Bladetech "KLIPIT" holster would clip comfortably onto my lap belt, making it a very secure and quick draw if ever needed getting to my castle during rush hour. So I am sharing with you a selfie of my Glock hooked snuggly to the seatbelt in easy reach by me the driver, yes it is pointed in my crotch, you adjust yours however you want to, in an emergency I don't think I would shoot "Junior" off during a draw, but you never know. On long trips, short trips, whatever, where ever, this seems to work nicely. Call it "DETROIT CARRY", any holster with a wide enough clip should work. Remember to unhook as you get out of your car, before you release your seatbelt, and what the hey, I have seen plenty of carry in my car videos on You Tube, and well here are the first pics of somebody doing it.
    I bet someone posts a video and someone make a bazillion offering kydex seat belt holsters.
    Oh well maybe they then send me a royalty.

P.S. your hand cannon might be too big and heavy to apply this carry procedure with.
    Please make sure you are prepared for the attention you will receive from "Officer Friendly" also during your next traffic stop if your pistol or revolver is in plain view as you roll down your window to say HI?!?

View attachment 46511

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That will work great until you are in an accident at which point the pistol will become a high speed projectile. Clips are for kids.....

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Did anyone else read the thread title and think it was about carrying at least 3 guns?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    That will work great until you are in an accident at which point the pistol will become a high speed projectile. Clips are for kids.....

This.

I do like the name but I can't stop from thinking about the broken bones in the shape of the gun from a collision.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Yep, again a spur of the moment decision, like my waist belt was covering my jacket pocket area, as mentioned I was too lazy at the moment to unbuckle and toss in pocket that would again be covered by the belt (you ever try and dig out a ringing cell phone from your pocket on 465, while strapped down)? People have strapped and holstered guns many places in an auto and in an accident the air bag may not be the only thing going off, and it probably would not work with your custom autos of the 1911 breed, or your Judge, but hey, worked for me, and I took a distractive dangerous selfie on Lee road just past the VFW going down hill towards Fall Creek, just for you guys!

Yes officer, I wil keep my hands up where you can see them, yes I know there is a GLOCK buckled to my belt pointing at my weenie, but I am an INGOER so it's OK?!?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The BladeTech Klipt is advertised as a AIWB holster. I think it is horrible in that position but I haven't found an AIWB holster I am fond of. The Klipt does make for a nice straight draw holster. The clip is excellent and the holster seems well made. I don't think it will go anywhere. For $25 this might be a good use for the Klipt.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I read that is S. Africa, car jackings were so rampant that people started having driver-side/passenger-side FLAME THROWERS retrofitted! "That? THAT'S not a gun. Now that, that's...:ar15:"

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not for me. The multiple cons of unsecure and pointing at body parts I enjoy having are not worth whatever marginal gains I get over more traditional on and off body carry positions.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Yes, it's true. In South Africa you may have a flamethrower on each side of your vehicle - for carjackers and sech...... It takes muy large cajones to be a carjacker in South Africa. (unlike Detroit.....) Asbestos Jockeys are a big seller...... and never leave your child in the car while you pump gas...

Top Bottom