• ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Yep, again a spur of the moment decision, like my waist belt was covering my jacket pocket area, as mentioned I was too lazy at the moment to unbuckle and toss in pocket that would again be covered by the belt (you ever try and dig out a ringing cell phone from your pocket on 465, while strapped down)? People have strapped and holstered guns many places in an auto and in an accident the air bag may not be the only thing going off, and it probably would not work with your custom autos of the 1911 breed, or your Judge, but hey, worked for me, and I took a distractive dangerous selfie on Lee road just past the VFW going down hill towards Fall Creek, just for you guys!

Yes officer, I wil keep my hands up where you can see them, yes I know there is a GLOCK buckled to my belt pointing at my weenie, but I am an INGOER so it's OK?!?

The picture isn't from far enough back to be sure, but based on what I do see and the description of your seatbelt's lap belt covering your jacket pocket area, my guess is "you're doing it wrong" with the seatbelt. To be safe and effective, it should be under your gut and against your pelvis, else, you risk serious internal abdominal injury in case of a collision. :twocents:

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Think I might get the shotgun AR rack for my Crown Vic for proper storage to and from work LOL.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I sit like a guy, "V" shaped one foot on the gas petal, the other not. It was a spur of the moment thing, like I mentioned, daily life is like that.
    I don't think it would work well with my G-22 or G-23, or G-27, too heavy.
    Besides what's to keep the wife or significant other from grabbing it during "Driving Miss Daisy" events, or in my case driving the "Dragon Lady" around town during one of our less thatn spectacular communication sessions.
    She could grab it and while I am occupied by the wheel and traffic, shoot my A$$ !

UK2K

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Good idea for some... I always wondered why there was not a sticky in this section for vehicle gun placement, maybe something to think about it. As far as keeping it safe in a crash - here's a story, I rolled my truck four times in which my Ruger SR45 was in the middle locked console and my 12g Gold Trigger Browning was in its case in the back seat. Both guns freed from their original places and missed me by inches. You can never tell what would happen in a crash. I now keep my G19 comfortably in my door console custom fitted with some gun case foam for easy access.

Top Bottom