• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I hear a lot of moaning and groaning on this forum about ammunition supplies and their prices and about gun supplies and their prices. At what point did we degrade into the "I want it so I should get it" society. That we should always have access to what we want and we should always have access to it at the price we like to pay...not the current price.

And if we don't get what we want, when we want, at the price we want...then we talk about how unfair it is and how some larger authority should step in and "make it right". Or how guilty those individuals are who are asking for such compensation. How dare they set that price and make that much profit...after all "I want it so I should get it"! It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum because they are not getting what they want.

How can people not realize that once you let that authority "make it right" that they will forever be in control. And then you act all surprised and indignant when that authority does something against you...after you had been encouraging the authority to work against others.

I know my post will not stop most people from complaining and having their adult version of a tantrum. I also realize that this is not limited to firearms and ammo...but it happens to many areas with many products. But I hope that at least a few will realize that they are not "owed" any product at any specific price during any specific time frame. If you can get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then consider yourself blessed and move on. Remember that it was the free enterprise system in this constitutional republic that made it possible.

If you cannot get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then move on anyway. Stopping your feet and telling everyone how upset you are will never fix the problem. All it does is pi$$ people off.

Sadly we our now faced with a ***** ton of entitled,do nothing, expect to be taken care of whiners in this country. It's the biggest problem with some of the youth who want instant wealth without hard work and those who take advantage of our all to easily gained programs. Wait they are also some of the voters who showed up last round, no?:tantrum:

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Sadly we our now faced with a ***** ton of entitled,do nothing, expect to be taken care of whiners in this country. It's the biggest problem with some of the youth who want instant wealth without hard work and those who take advantage of our all to easily gained programs. Wait they are also some of the voters who showed up last round, no?:tantrum:

How does this relate to

As I have stated before the ones I feel sorry for are the Jr. Leagues, the 4-H groups and the summer camp programs. After all we can not change the seasons. And those who think they are BIG DEALERS at the local gun shows selling ammo at ridiculous prices because their only wholesale supplier to them is a retail outlet. They are a bane to our sport and at best a joke.

My post #39 on this thread.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    You know, nobody would have to worry about stock piling if these dang panics didn't happen every four years, but they're pretty much guaranteed. Unless a Republican is winning by a land slide, there will be a panic at election. I for one don't have the disposable income to fill my garage with ammunition like some, so it would be great if people didn't freak out. Is it shooters like us INGOers, or is there a group of firearms owners with more money than common sense?

I have a nice stock pile of .22lr/.45 and it cost me zero. I used credit card reward points to buy my ammo. Gas, food, medical bills, etc goes on the card; pay it off every month; free reward points. I'm going to spend the money on these items, so instead of cash I put it on the card. Started this after the Great "the Jefferson's done moved uptown scare" in 08.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    How does this relate to

My post #39 on this thread.

I'm not speaking of the youth in 4h clubs or those types of programs. Working youth and deadbeats who take advantage of the system and comparing them to those feeling entitled to everything. :soapbox: mostly irritated ranting....

Top Bottom