• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    This generation, greed is their God. They can justify anything as long as they make a profit. Just more nails in the coffin of what was once a great country. Profiteers will scream that any criticism of profit no matter how its made is akin to children crying. Oh for want of a society where morals had a place.

This is right on!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    How much ammo would be a available for purchase right now if people were only allowed to sell it for what they had in it? I'd bet 90+% of those opening up their stashes would stop selling it. If I'm not willing to sell at double the price, I'm sure as hell not going to sell at what I have in it.

So lets lobby congress for price controls and see what happens to the available supply. Will there be more ammo for sale for the average individual, the same, or less? Do the flippers outnumber the stockpilers?

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    meh OP you lost me at "sport" in the title. :p
    and based on the pic of the dude and his impled comment about 30K of .223 being 'too much' he too is meh!
    We each buy/use for different reasons but he is no friend of 2A.

I think the writer may know of what he writes and claiming he is no friend of the 2A is just ridiculous or showing your ignorance, take your pick.

BTW the writer is the creator and owner of AmmoGuide forum and website.

I guess you do have a right to your opinion tho. I know I Served for those rights anyway.:welcome:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    How much ammo would be a available for purchase right now if people were only allowed to sell it for what they had in it? I'd bet 90+% of those opening up their stashes would stop selling it. If I'm not willing to sell at double the price, I'm sure as hell not going to sell at what I have in it.

So lets lobby congress for price controls and see what happens to the available supply. Will there be more ammo for sale for the average individual, the same, or less? Do the flippers outnumber the stockpilers?

Let's take it a step further and have the government ration it for us. See how that works out better than the free market alternative.

What you've said is exactly correct. I'm not selling my ammo for what I have in it. Actually, at the moment I'm not selling it at all, but that isn't the point. The only circumstance which would cause me to consider selling any ammo is for a profit that I consider reasonable - not what some random dude on an internet gun forum decides is a fair price for something I own.

Otherwise, what's mine is mine. You aren't entitled to my ammo any more than I'm entitled to your money.

article said:
    But I'm stuck with this feeling that someone, somewhere, has my 500 Sierra bullets and yours too. And yours and yours and yours... and he's probably going to regret that huge purchase (at probably way too much money) and never shoot our bullets.

Some guy holding onto 30K rounds of ammo is somehow hurting the sport? Gimme a break. Nobody is holding onto your ammo. This mentality that the ammo in my garage is somehow holding onto somebody else's ammo is sickening. What a terrible article.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Let's take it a step further and have the government ration it for us. See how that works out better than the free market alternative.

What you've said is exactly correct. I'm not selling my ammo for what I have in it. Actually, at the moment I'm not selling it at all, but that isn't the point. The only circumstance which would cause me to consider selling any ammo is for a profit that I consider reasonable - not what some random dude on an internet gun forum decides is a fair price for something I own.

Otherwise, what's mine is mine. You aren't entitled to my ammo any more than I'm entitled to your money.

Some guy holding onto 30K rounds of ammo is somehow hurting the sport? Gimme a break. Nobody is holding onto your ammo. This mentality that the ammo in my garage is somehow holding onto somebody else's ammo is sickening. What a terrible article.

I can't wait for the coming food shortages. :rolleyes:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    You know, nobody would have to worry about stock piling if these dang panics didn't happen every four years, but they're pretty much guaranteed. Unless a Republican is winning by a land slide, there will be a panic at election. I for one don't have the disposable income to fill my garage with ammunition like some, so it would be great if people didn't freak out. Is it shooters like us INGOers, or is there a group of firearms owners with more money than common sense?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You know, nobody would have to worry about stock piling if these dang panics didn't happen every four years, but they're pretty much guaranteed. Unless a Republican is winning by a land slide, there will be a panic at election. I for one don't have the disposable income to fill my garage with ammunition like some, so it would be great if people didn't freak out. Is it shooters like us INGOers, or is there a group of firearms owners with more money than common sense?

What's funny is that republicans have been beating the "They're coming after our guns! If Obama gets reelected, he's guaranteed to ban our guns!!!!!!" drum for 5 years now. Now that they helped to perpetuate this fear, they want to tell us that there's no ban coming and to quit panicking.

I'm not rich and there are many things out there that I'd like to have that I can't afford. Is that the fault of those who can afford those things or mine for not earning more money or prioritizing it better?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm pretty sure its the latter. And not just gun owners, but make believe dealers who use retail business as their wholesaler.

Well, we agree on something.

Lots of folks have more money than sense. Were this not the case, there wouldn't be a market for $65 boxes of 22lr.

Still, I like the free market better than the alternative. I wouldn't buy .22 at $65 a box.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    Well, we agree on something.

Lots of folks have more money than sense. Were this not the case, there wouldn't be a market for $65 boxes of 22lr.

Still, I like the free market better than the alternative. I wouldn't buy .22 at $65 a box.

Well we had "The Free Market System" back before Sandy Nook took place. That "Free Market" was much better for most than what we now have.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    What's funny is that republicans have been beating the "They're coming after our guns! If Obama gets reelected, he's guaranteed to ban our guns!!!!!!" drum for 5 years now. Now that they helped to perpetuate this fear, they want to tell us that there's no ban coming and to quit panicking.

I'm not rich and there are many things out there that I'd like to have that I can't afford. Is that the fault of those who can afford those things or mine for not earning more money or prioritizing it better?
    Oh, I'm not saying it's the fault of those who do have more money, and I am certainly no Republican. It is just fact there's a panic every time a Democrat is elected. I wish people would wise up and stop freaking out at every little thing. If they must throw their money at something throw it at the NRA. Then, we could all enjoy this hobby unimpeded.

And really, when are we going on the offensive? I'm really tired of pro-gun lobbies only playing the defense. Nobody ever makes a serious push to have existing gun laws over turned.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Well we had "The Free Market System" back before Sandy Nook took place. That "Free Market" was much better for most than what we now have.

Yes it was. And with the free market, prices will get better again than they are now.

It ebbs and flows. That has always been the nature of the free market.

nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    30,000 rounds of ammo? That's like 30 boxes, hardly a "garage full".

I think all this has put the spotlight on gun rights, raising awareness and bringing up public discussion. That's resulted in a dramatic market increase in demand, benefiting those that are engaged in the sport.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I hear a lot of moaning and groaning on this forum about ammunition supplies and their prices and about gun supplies and their prices. At what point did we degrade into the "I want it so I should get it" society. That we should always have access to what we want and we should always have access to it at the price we like to pay...not the current price.

And if we don't get what we want, when we want, at the price we want...then we talk about how unfair it is and how some larger authority should step in and "make it right". Or how guilty those individuals are who are asking for such compensation. How dare they set that price and make that much profit...after all "I want it so I should get it"! It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum because they are not getting what they want.

How can people not realize that once you let that authority "make it right" that they will forever be in control. And then you act all surprised and indignant when that authority does something against you...after you had been encouraging the authority to work against others.

I know my post will not stop most people from complaining and having their adult version of a tantrum. I also realize that this is not limited to firearms and ammo...but it happens to many areas with many products. But I hope that at least a few will realize that they are not "owed" any product at any specific price during any specific time frame. If you can get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then consider yourself blessed and move on. Remember that it was the free enterprise system in this constitutional republic that made it possible.

If you cannot get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then move on anyway. Stopping your feet and telling everyone how upset you are will never fix the problem. All it does is pi$$ people off.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I hear a lot of moaning and groaning on this forum about ammunition supplies and their prices and about gun supplies and their prices. At what point did we degrade into the "I want it so I should get it" society. That we should always have access to what we want and we should always have access to it at the price we like to pay...not the current price.

I'd like to think that it's just a vocal, whining minority.

The current political structure seems to indicate I'm wrong.

And again we agree on something!:rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::rockwoot::patriot::patriot::patriot:

Indeed it is possible to find common ground!

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

And if we don't get what we want, when we want, at the price we want...then we talk about how unfair it is and how some larger authority should step in and "make it right". Or how guilty those individuals are who are asking for such compensation. How dare they set that price and make that much profit...after all "I want it so I should get it"! It's like a toddler throwing a tantrum because they are not getting what they want.

How can people not realize that once you let that authority "make it right" that they will forever be in control. And then you act all surprised and indignant when that authority does something against you...after you had been encouraging the authority to work against others.

I know my post will not stop most people from complaining and having their adult version of a tantrum. I also realize that this is not limited to firearms and ammo...but it happens to many areas with many products. But I hope that at least a few will realize that they are not "owed" any product at any specific price during any specific time frame. If you can get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then consider yourself blessed and move on. Remember that it was the free enterprise system in this constitutional republic that made it possible.

If you cannot get what you want, at the price you want, when you want it...then move on anyway. Stopping your feet and telling everyone how upset you are will never fix the problem. All it does is pi$$ people off.

As I have stated before the ones I feel sorry for are the Jr. Leagues, the 4-H groups and the summer camp programs. After all we can not change the seasons. And those who think they are BIG DEALERS at the local gun shows selling ammo at ridiculous prices because their only wholesale supplier to them is a retail outlet. They are a bane to our sport and at best a joke.

Top Bottom