• ...and so much more!
  • bsnyder413

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Hammond
    for anyone this may apply to:
    i was denied a sale of a handgun just a week after purchasing an AR. I am a legal indiana citizen with a clean record and no reason to be denied, so obviously I immediatley sent a repeal request in. I was told that they were processing appeals from september and this was late december!!
    I called NICS everyday till i found someone willing to take the time to LISTEN to me and HELP me. it took me only two weeks to have my repeal looked at granted and i picked up my new firearm just three weeks later. I DID SUBMIT FINGERPRINTS which helped me move to the front of the line along with some schmoozing on the phone. The moral of the story is that if you know you have been unjustly denied you must not let the NICS tread on you. call everyday till your voice is heard!! three week turn arounds are not common but i am not a criminal and will not be treated like one.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    When you put in for the appeal they should mail out a letter within the 1st 5 days stating why you were denied. From there you have the option of providing finger prints and/or court papers. the finger prints would be used to prove your identity and fix the mix up between you and the identically named felon and the court papers would be used to show that you have had a felony or other charge expunged or reduced to a lesser charge.

Dino81

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    Hobart
    Wow! Did they give you a reason for denial? Like a "mistake" or something? Glad too see it all worked out though.

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Schmoozing on the phone is always a great idea. Several companies out there place a comment next to your name on your file if they think you have been rude during a phone call. Good luck getting any help in the future from them.

Good for you bsnyder413, too many people don't stand up for themselves and let "The Man" win.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    While I purchased a firearm the other day the I conversed with then dealer on the topic of the instant check. A friend that was a State Trooper was in INDY training and after duty went to buy a glock 27 in full uniform and was denied. The dealer stated a local retired trooper had a similar issue of getting turned down. When he checked into it there was a thug with his same name and similar SSN. The Trooper somehow supposedly got a Special ID number. They put that on the form when the dealer calls in. When they try to deny him the dealer reads the ID number and no problem. I am pretty sure the dealer was not blowing smoke, generally pretty good at smelling BS and this dealer is an honost Joe, not trying to impress anyone.

I didn't quite get the proceedure on it from the dealer You might get with the dealer and see the exact procedures since it sounds like something similar.

And for those concerned lets not twist this into a LEO should'nt have any special treatment, bashing or etc etc etc thread. The following was just an example that the instant check system does have some quirks in it denies some people it shouldn't thats all.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    While I purchased a firearm the other day the I conversed with then dealer on the topic of the instant check. A friend that was a State Trooper was in INDY training and after duty went to buy a glock 27 in full uniform and was denied. The dealer stated a local retired trooper had a similar issue of getting turned down. When he checked into it there was a thug with his same name and similar SSN. The Trooper somehow supposedly got a Special ID number. They put that on the form when the dealer calls in. When they try to deny him the dealer reads the ID number and no problem. I am pretty sure the dealer was not blowing smoke, generally pretty good at smelling BS and this dealer is an honost Joe, not trying to impress anyone.

I didn't quite get the proceedure on it from the dealer You might get with the dealer and see the exact procedures since it sounds like something similar.

And for those concerned lets not twist this into a LEO should'nt have any special treatment, bashing or etc etc etc thread. The following was just an example that the instant check system does have some quirks in it denies some people it shouldn't thats all.

The LEO didnt get any special treatment, anyone can file a VAF and get a UPIN (special ID #).

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Agreed in625 shooter, background checks are a quirky deal. A family member of mine added a middle name and later found out (at work) that there was another individual with the same name (now) that triggered a red flag. She was pulled in to the office and questioned by her boss. At work, a contract employee had to wait a full week to start due to his background check.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    for anyone this may apply to:
    i was denied a sale of a handgun just a week after purchasing an AR. I am a legal indiana citizen with a clean record and no reason to be denied, so obviously I immediatley sent a repeal request in. I was told that they were processing appeals from september and this was late december!!
    I called NICS everyday till i found someone willing to take the time to LISTEN to me and HELP me. it took me only two weeks to have my repeal looked at granted and i picked up my new firearm just three weeks later. I DID SUBMIT FINGERPRINTS which helped me move to the front of the line along with some schmoozing on the phone. The moral of the story is that if you know you have been unjustly denied you must not let the NICS tread on you. call everyday till your voice is heard!! three week turn arounds are not common but i am not a criminal and will not be treated like one.

Guess you are one of the false positives that apparently account for 95% of denials.

The system should be abolished.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...for_the_ffl_background_checks_to_go_away.html

And just think....some who claim to support the Second Amendment want all transactions to go through the system....

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    There are some things that a "Universal background check" system will definitely do. 1-Cost our broken economy more money 2-Create a profitable black market 3-Create a database for registration 4-Give an overbearing Federal Government a means to choke out legal transfers (System breakdowns??) Encourage more anti-gun legislation....WHAT IT WILL NOT DO IS ELIMINATE ANY CRIME!

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    There are some things that a "Universal background check" system will definitely do. 1-Cost our broken economy more money 2-Create a profitable black market 3-Create a database for registration 4-Give an overbearing Federal Government a means to choke out legal transfers (System breakdowns??) Encourage more anti-gun legislation....WHAT IT WILL NOT DO IS ELIMINATE ANY CRIME!

Why do you want to see children die?

claybustr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    I used to get delayed every purchase because of a felon from my hometown with the same first and last name. It was really weird to get delayed within days of getting my approved Form 4 for a new Uzi...

Top Bottom