• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    You can be denied due to an open bench warrant due to traffic tickets, for delinqent child support, alomony, or student loan. Even back taxes can cause you to be denied.

Did you ask for the NICS number, I am told with that you can contact the FBI and they will tell you why you where denied.

bsnyder413

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Hammond
    The reason I was given was that they could not distinguish myself from another man with my name who is a criminal. Voluntarily submitting my fingerprints took care of this issue

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The reason I was given was that they could not distinguish myself from another man with my name who is a criminal. Voluntarily submitting my fingerprints took care of this issue

until the next time.

With a UPIN, you will most likely get a proceed every time.

I WAS a felon (state made a mistake[/purple] when entering the info). I didn't find out until 17 years after the 'crime'.. My record was supposed to be an "A" misdemeanor.

I appealed, got reply back etc etc. I sent all the original court papers to ISP and they corrected their records.

I filled out the VAF and sent it with some prints to the FBI requesting a UPIN. I am now able to purchase without delay or denial.

I was not going to appeal every purchse.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I don't mind the check, it's being denied in treated like a criminal because the FBI and the NICS division still don't have it right

And don't expect them to "get it right." For two reasons - if they will have to do background checks on EVERY transfer, plus possibly transfers of magazines, they will have a greatly increased backlog; AND, "getting it right" does not further the agenda of the government (that agenda being "don't let citizens have guns").

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You can be denied due to an open bench warrant due to traffic tickets, for delinqent child support, alomony, or student loan. Even back taxes can cause you to be denied.

And these are valid reasons for the government to deny your rights WHY, exactly???

Remember, every time we agree to ask the government's permission to do something, we are also agreeing that we will be fine with the government saying "no."

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    And what if his "felony" was a couple of joints in his pocket 30 years ago? Do you still believe that he should not have the right to defend himself from a violent criminal?

It depends on what answer you want from me.. I could say, YOU broke the law, YOU deal with it.. Nobody ever gave me any slack.

but in reality, the problem you have is not with a firearms purchase being checked, its with what is considered a felony.. Im kinda there with you on some of that ****, but that doesnt mean that all firearms should be available to everyone OTC...

I think requiring a check for every purchase is a big waste of time and money.

If you have a LTC, that should be all you need, you been checked enough.
    AGREED!!!

And don't expect them to "get it right." For two reasons - if they will have to do background checks on EVERY transfer, plus possibly transfers of magazines, they will have a greatly increased backlog; AND, "getting it right" does not further the agenda of the government (that agenda being "don't let citizens have guns").
    I think your POV needs to be kept in our minds, but I still think checks are a good idea. As long as their done correctly. There is no reason why a criminal should be able to LEGALLY buy a gun. NONE..

OP, glad you got it taken care of.

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    And these are valid reasons for the government to deny your rights WHY, exactly???

Remember, every time we agree to ask the government's permission to do something, we are also agreeing that we will be fine with the government saying "no."

Why not ask the ATF that, all I can tell you is that is the system we have to work with.

On a personnal note I am all for denying an instant backround check to tax cheats, people that default on there student loans and deadbeats that skip out on there child support. If you have the money to buy firearms then you should have the money to pay your debts and not count on us law abiding citzens to do it for you.

:twocents:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I should also add, I firmly believe, well, more like seriously wonder if would work, that every law abiding, able bodied person, should be REQUIRED to carry, and take proficiency exams.. Wanna stop crime???

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Why not ask the ATF that, all I can tell you is that is the system we have to work with.

On a personnal note I am all for denying an instant backround check to tax cheats, people that default on there student loans and deadbeats that skip out on there child support. If you have the money to buy firearms then you should have the money to pay your debts and not count on us law abiding citzens to do it for you.

:twocents:

What happened to "only people convicted of a felony in a court of law shall be denied the right to firearm ownership?" Are we now going to deny basic human rights to people who are in debt??

If the IRS claims I owe them even more money, am I no longer worthy of defending my family?

If a ex-wife says I didn't pay enough in child support, is my child's life now not worth defending?

If people who are in debt are not to be allowed the means to defend themselves, then they will HAVE to depend on others to defend them. Is that what you intend??

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I should also add, I firmly believe, well, more like seriously wonder if would work, that every law abiding, able bodied person, should be REQUIRED to carry, and take proficiency exams.. Wanna stop crime???

There was a town north of Atlanta in the 90s (maybe the 80's??) that required all households to own a firearm. Break-ins and home invasions dropped to nearly zero.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    The denial was because someone with same name and physical features is up for a term of more than two years in jail. I submitted the vaf and shouldn't have to worry anymore

Just curious - did you provide your SS# when they called in the first time?

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    What happened to "only people convicted of a felony in a court of law shall be denied the right to firearm ownership?" Are we now going to deny basic human rights to people who are in debt??

If the IRS claims I owe them even more money, am I no longer worthy of defending my family?

If a ex-wife says I didn't pay enough in child support, is my child's life now not worth defending?

If people who are in debt are not to be allowed the means to defend themselves, then they will HAVE to depend on others to defend them. Is that what you intend??

You are confusing debt with those who are just deadbeats, and yes if they are in default of child support, student loans and taxes they are breaking the law.

Try again :twocents:

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I see where your both right... its not right to deny a man the right to protect his family because hes defaulted on debts.. but at the same time, a man who refuses to pay child support, but has the money to buy a gun..... I dunno....

jaybob275

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Right now there are so many background checks going on, if you get put on hold sometimes they get lost in the backlog

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    You are confusing debt with those who are just deadbeats, and yes if they are in default of child support, student loans and taxes they are breaking the law.

Try again :twocents:

Are you advocating the old English system of debtor's prisons??

If a person is found to owe money, a portion of his pay will be redirected to the person to whom the debt is owed. Some money has to be left for the person to live on, and who among us will tell him if that money should be spent on food, rent, clothing, or any other item which he may use to preserve his life? If a person as a right to live, then that person also has a right to defend that life.

Top Bottom