• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I went to Dicks today to purchase a 10/22 and when he called it in they told him to hold it up. The guy said I wasnt denied just that they said to hold it up. Anyone else ran into this lately? First gun I've bought in years,Last time I bought one , you showed your LTC permit and they let you take it home that day. Weird . He said if I didnt hear from him in a couple days to call them. Only thing is? Who would you call? Anyone got a number?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Did you put your SS number on the form?

Life was alot easier when we just showed our permit.:xmad:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You call the shop. If your 4473 is held, the NICS is supposed to pass or deny within a certain time limit (four days, I think?) If they do neither, it defaults to "pass".

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    Chances are the buyer went on delay. In that case the dealer
    has the option to hold the firearm up to three business days
    for the BATFE to call back with "proceed" or "deny". However
    its the dealer option to stop the transaction or continue with
    delay procedures.

LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    Since I started buying guns in 2009, I have been delayed everytime for 5 or 6 times. One dealer told me once delayed, always delayed. It is kind of a shock the first time, but you can most likely expect it from now on. Probably someone has a SS number or DOB like yours that is a bad guy. You can get a form & apply for a voluntary appeal file (VAF ).

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am waiting on my first delay because I had some crack ho (I can say that since she actually did have a warrant for dealing crack) and she had used my SSN as hers. Good Times..........:rolleyes:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I am waiting on my first delay because I had some crack ho (I can say that since she actually did have a warrant for dealing crack) and she had used my SSN as hers. Good Times..........:rolleyes:

Got any pics, I like'em dirty.:D
    :bigballs:

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    I been put on hold before, mostly it is because they are busy. I have waited around at the gun shop and they called back within 30 minutes or so with it approved. Most times it is approved but sometimes they are just very busy and I believe you are just put on the list to be checked.

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Wow, even as an LEO you get delayed.

Haven't yet because I normally buy direct from the manufacturer, but it won't surprise me if I go buy a rifle or something.

Hey, just cause I'm LEO I'm no different..........I've even been disarmed on a traffic stop before. And yes, it was after he knew I was LEO.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Uhhh... what are you doing giving your SSN to women of ill repute?!? Did you have to cash a check? :D

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I bought 8 handguns in 2009, and was delayed on half of them.

In one case, a purchase from Cabela's, I was delayed less than 10 minutes. Seriously. I left the store, not worried about it, and by the time I returned home I had already received an answering message that I was a "Proceed". Now, go figure that b.s. out!

Who knows, laziness at a government agency? Gee, that's hard to believe... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom