• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jaarthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    I have been approached by a friend to purchase a stripped delton lower receiver for $300. Think this is a fair price or if not what should I offer him for it?

Jaarthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Actually a friend of a friend...that's what I was thinking. I just looked em up online and they were like $120. If it was complete I'd probably do it but not for a stripped one.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I had 3 Delton lowers that never had a problem. Shame they fell off the boat into Lake Michigan. $125 is a fair price stripped. $200-$250 complete depending on the LPK and furniture.

Shudder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Dec 25, 2012
    Well, another way to look at it is that you couldn't touch this for anywhere near its list price in this market. So, though $300 may be high, I don't think you'd need to get it for $125 for it to be a "fair" deal, given the current market. They're going for well over $200 (current bid is $245 on gunbroker). Even if he sold it to you for $200, that would be less than he could sell it for online.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    well. i have a del-ton that i've drove about 3000 rounds thru and it's been damned nice and 100% reliable. barrel will probably need replaced soon. everything else is fine.

that said i paid $600 for a complete rifle.

you're getting hosed.

i'd pay 100 for it.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Well, another way to look at it is that you couldn't touch this for anywhere near its list price in this market. So, though $300 may be high, I don't think you'd need to get it for $125 for it to be a "fair" deal, given the current market. They're going for well over $200 (current bid is $245 on gunbroker). Even if he sold it to you for $200, that would be less than he could sell it for online.

This is true. However, I've found in most cases you will lose with you need to buy a gun and lose when you need to sell a gun.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Bradis regularly carried "blemished" Del-Ton stripped lowers for around $70ish pre-panic if I remember correctly. A few other companies I do business regularly sell stripped lowers for around $75 - $100 normal price.

I would not pay over $125 for a standard non-billet lower, for any reason, no matter what logo is stamped or printed on the side of the mag well. They are probably all from Cerro Forge anyway.

Hillbillyblood

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    LaPorte Indiana
    I suggest to do some research and offer your "friend" a fair price if you need it. The frenzy is out of sorts right now and prices are nuts.. Obama, Gun salesman of the Year many years running!!!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    well. i have a del-ton that i've drove about 3000 rounds thru and it's been damned nice and 100% reliable. barrel will probably need replaced soon. everything else is fine.

that said i paid $600 for a complete rifle.

you're getting hosed.

i'd pay 100 for it.

Barrel replaced after only 3,000 rounds? Why?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought my RRA stripped lower about a year and a half ago for 220 and it included a national match 2 trigger. It was new and from a lgs that isn't always the cheapest. I know the game has changed since the great gun salesman was re-elected. Your buddy is hosing you!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom