Defensive Carry - 1911, Semi Auto, Revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary EDC firearm?

• Total voters

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I STILL prefer revolvers to semi-autos, though I'm carrying a semi. Won't be if I happen to come across a 3" GP100 or K frame (model 65, anyone?) at the same time I have cash!!!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    G23. Just a personal choice for weight, # of rounds and caliber to do the job.

I would also like a pocket pistol or snubby for a backup though.

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    colt officer's model (series 80), sometimes with a keltec p3at in a pocket holster for backup, although i'd trust that 20+ year old colt with my life. it's just great gear.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Depending on my mood and where I'm going...
    Colt Light Weight Commander in .38 Super or .45 ACP. Built them as twins.
    HK P7
    Glock 33
    Glock 29

I know that you should limit the number of guns you carry so that you are completely versed on their operation and sight picture, but I have practiced with all of these quite a bit and have shot numerous others. I carry the Colt the most followed by the P7.

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Personally, I prefer my Ruger SP101 2.25" in .357 magnum...it's accurate, gives me plenty of penetration (key #2 to stopping a BG, right behind key #1, which is actually hitting the BG in the first place), has a Meprolight front night sight for low light / night situations, and has a Badger Custom Boot grip (which fits my small hand to a 'T') which helps it to disappear in a pocket or on my ankle. Biggest reason...I can hit what I shoot at with it! I love this gun!!! :rockwoot:

After that, I have a Glock 32 in .357 SIG (it has factory night sights and is my night stand gun...+ back-up mags), a Ruger LCR in .38+P with an XS Front Night Sight (I keep it for summer carry...in the side pocket). :D

Wife has a Ruger SP101 in .38 +P with the same Meprolight front night sight and Trausch Grips (she has the large hands). I get to carry the LCR when she isn't...she likes it for it's light-weight (13.5 oz.) and it's accuracy. :D

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Officers Mod 1911 packed with Speer Lawman 185 grain JHP. I'm also thinking about adding a lighter, thinner 9MM, like a Keltec, for summer.

16l0hhh.jpg

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Why are the mags downloaded 1 and 2 rounds?

Lol..because my wife loaded them and took the pic! I had come back from the range and had several guns broken down for cleaning, including 3 1911's. As I was finishing cleaning the AR she decided to get artistic with my EDC, pocket knife and watch. She decided the mags didn't look right and grabbed some loose ammo and loaded them up. I keep my EDC and two spare mags fully stocked. Very observant of you though, nice catch! :ingo:

matrxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I prefer 1911 in commander size for convenience :
    I carry my Les Bear
    P1000477.jpg

and S&W 442 on ankle but I put a rubber grip on it instead for fast shooting.
    Secretsevicegrip.jpg

and NA.22 magnum:
    SW642andNA22.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom