• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matthock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Bloomington
    Given the absurdity of expecting an LEO or LTCHer to attack you, I figured we might as well put our efforts toward discussing the true threat, one we are all likely to face at some point in our lives - Zombies. While we might not know the exact nature of the undead threat we face, be they fast zombies, slow zombies, or the level of their resistance to fire, we do know one thing - they are coming, coming for our brains, and if we wish to survive, we must be ready.

There are a few important topics to consider.
    1. Chainsaw or Shotgun?
    2. If a close friend or family member is bitten, do you go ahead and finish them off right away, or wait until they turn?
    3. Bacon. While power plants are automated enough to keep the refrigerators at the grocery stores running for a few weeks, power will eventually go out, and if not rescued, bacon will start going bad. How will you secure your bacon supply, and how will you defend it from the other baconless survivors, who will be just as zombie-like seeking your juicy delicious bacon as the zombies are at seeking brains?

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    If they are the fast zombies like in Left 4 Dead, I'd just give up and die. Even with three other people helping me shoot them, I despair of my life.

If they are the real, true life zombies of Max Brooks, well then, any gun will do. I'd probably go with my AR-15 and plenty of magazines.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I say you go ahead and shoot the bitten loved one. It's the loving thing to do. Hoping against hope for some kind of miracle is very dangerous.

On the bacon question, I have a stockpile of canned bacon, but I'm not sharing.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    Let us not forget that bacon has been around for centuries...long before modern refrigeration. With proper smoking and curing techniques and a root cellar, you would be able to feast on this salty porcine treat long after the power has gone out. Im sure its sustintive powers will be able to fuel your body in the war vs. our zombie overlords.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Smoking bacon is a horrible idea!!! The aeration of the sweet sweet smell only further attracts zombies only in greater numbers and from 360 degrees. I suggest freeze dried bacon or chez whiz with cheddar bacon in a can.

bacon1.gif

Biggdogg

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Indianapolis/Greenwood
    Smoking bacon is a horrible idea!!! The aeration of the sweet sweet smell only further attracts zombies only in greater numbers and from 360 degrees. I suggest freeze dried bacon or chez whiz with cheddar bacon in a can.

bacon1.gif

Not only that...but have you ever tried to keep a bacon cigarette lit, let alone trying to smoke it??

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN

Any zombie hunter worth his salt knows that zombies only crave the flesh and braaaaaains of the living, and that they are immune to the sirens call of the smell of smoking meats that mere mortals succumb to. You may have to fight off other survivors for your sweet, sweet bacon, but if you merely wound and maim them, they become fodder for the undead.

JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    What if the Zombies are LEO zombies? Or Badge wearing LTCH zombies?

Or will they both just shoot each other so we don't have to worry about it?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I like the AR as well for head shots.

Then burn them with fire.

Then cook your bacon over the embers of their remains.

Mmm... sweet zombie fried bacon.:):

Off any who are bitten.

(More bacon for you.):yesway:

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I know we all love bacon here but anyone for holding up in a taco bell? Thats where i'd be, till we run out of cheesy double beef burritos....

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    For those who recommend making bacon out of the zombies or infected. Common knowledge is that if your bitten you become a zombie, so most likely a transfer of fluids. Wouldn't you be worried about catching it from said zombie bacon? Or do you feel that the curing/cooking process would eliminate that threat?

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Head shots, oh yeah! I would more than likely aquire materials to build weapons for short range zombie work, decapitation, etc., weapons and booby traps to take out masses at once. I will try to save as much ammo for those mass attacks of fast movers and brutes.

As far as the bacon goes, I'm gonna go old fashion and smoke cure it, oh and the wonderful jerky! I will most likely pressure cook any suspected meat in a heavy brine solution before curing. SO many questions, so many options. What will we do?!

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Head shots and dehydrate the bacon—sure it would be like jerky... but we all love jerky don't we?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Not only that...but have you ever tried to keep a bacon cigarette lit, let alone trying to smoke it??
    As a matter of fact, I have. Not too bad, but when it gets really hot, the fat pops, and bad news for the face! If you inhale too much, it's a little harsh, so I just Bill Clinton it.:D

Top Bottom