• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Ok, if you are out in your yard, plinking with your .22, minding your own business, and an 8 point buck comes up to you and figuratively says please shoot me cause someone already shot me once and I can't go on, what should you do? The buck was obviously shot before and wounded enough he came to the firing line.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Ok, if you are out in your yard, plinking with your .22, minding your own business, and an 8 point buck comes up to you and figuratively says please shoot me cause someone already shot me once and I can't go on, what should you do? The buck was obviously shot before and wounded enough he came to the firing line.

I would knock it down, and call police. Cops are glad when you shoot them so they don't have to fill out discharged weapon form. I wouldn't call DNR though. Tell them it looks like it got hit/shot.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Shoot it, call the local CO and post back how that goes for you.:laugh:

+1 for infidel, lay off the acid dude.

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Go Rambo on it!!!! Jump on it's back and slice it's throat!!!! If you don't have a knife, snap it's neck!!!! Then tell the awesome story on here if you aren't in the hospital....

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I think I would stop dropping acid if a deer came up and talked to me.

Flashbacks!

I don't think any person would want an animal to unduly suffer. You might want to use a deer legal weapon to dispatch it.

Just tell the deer to stay right where it is and let me get a bigger gun. After all it is a talking deer.

fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    .22 forehead or temple shot will put it out of its misery. Your a man, you know how to clean it, do so. Then take a arrow and punch it through the same hole.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    A few of you missed the word "figuratively". That means that the deer didn't really speak but limped up to a person who was shooting with a pathetic look.

IndianaGTI

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   1
    May 2, 2010
    Ahh yes, reminds me of this one that went around the net a couple years ago:
    2007 Urban Legend: Roping a Deer

Snopes has a bit that got cut off the end of the original that adds a bit to it (scroll to the end):
    snopes.com: Roped Deer

LOL, reminds me of a true story. A guy named Jerry (I won't give you his last name but can show you his gravemarker) went to his lawyer to make out a will. Turns out Jerry only had a little less than 2 years to live. Jerry recounted the story of how he got in that predicament. One day, Jerry, who was about 5'7" and 250 lbs was up in his deer stand when a buck wandered under his stand. Jerry got to thinking, "I've killed deer just about every way possible. I've killed deer with a bow, with a muzzleloader, with a handgun. I've even killed men." Jerry was a vietnam vet. Jerry decided that the only way he hadn't killed deer was with a knife. Jerry jumped out of the tree and stabbed the deer. That made the deer mad. The deer pummeled Jerry in the chest for 10 minutes. The deer then started to leave. Jerry breathed a sigh of relief. The deer walked off about 10 yards, then turned around and came back and punced Jerry in the chest off and on for another 20 minutes. Jerry ended up in the hospital for 2 weeks. When Jerry was finally released, his prognosis was that he would die within 2 years due to liver damage caused by the deer. The lawyer did not believe the story but helped Jerry anyway. After some investigation, it was clear that Jerry had been pummeled by the deer and had sustained massive liver damage. Approximately 1 year later, Jerry went into the hospital and died of liver failure. Sounds like a tall tale, but I will swear I have first hand knowledge of this story and that it is true.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    plinking with your .22, minding your own business, and an 8 point buck comes up to

Would never happen.

And I wouldn't be out plinking during deer season.

The buck was obviously shot before and wounded enough he came to the firing line.

If I were were on property in such a place that would have deer running around, I would have a license (or two) and my .357 would be my constant companion.

Yes, I would dispatch the deer.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008

Get out a your legal deer hunting weapon and kill it if you have a hunting license.

You don't know what that deer can or can't do. The day before the season opened I was shooting shotguns and 44 mag rifle confirming their accuracy on my range and SEVERAL deer walked out of the woods not 50 yards away and stood there eating grass and watching me shoot until the dog noticed them and ran after them.

You guys are always looking for an excuse to do something you know exactly you are not suppose to do then whining around with theorhetical lines of crap and suppositions about why your situation is so special and beyond what every one else goes with or wanting the group, OK and a pat on the back. "It's OK, there, you are the exception. You are special."

Man up, if it needs doing then just do it and keep shut up about it and you'll never have a problem about it. You don't need permission to do what is right. Lot's of people need some peer pressure/support to do things they know they aren't suppose to and are wrong so later they can say "Well every one else does it. What about him? They told me to. Every one thought it was OK."

You already know what's right or you wouldn't even have to ask.

If you want to shoot it just shoot it. Then take what comes with it. That's what I would do since you asked. I sure would come to some internet forum looking for people to talk me in to what I want to do if I thought it was the right thing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    .22 forehead or temple shot will put it out of its misery.
    Maybe, probably not.
    Your a man, you know how to clean it, do so. Then take a arrow and punch it through the same hole.

That exact procedure has resulted in some quite spectacular results for a LOT of people who thought they were pretty smart when they were doing it but not so much so later.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    If you're plinking in a yard that is zoned agricultural, then you're not required to have a license, if I read the on-line DNR hunting guide correctly.

Top Bottom