Deer hunting from a house??? What is the law?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john0286

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With regard to ethics, some people especially rural folks and farmers, consider killing a deer to be a chore. Kill the animal, butcher it and put it in the freezer. every deer taken is a spiritual experience. Sometimes it's going to the grocery.

I agree. We kill 6-8 adult deer every year to try to avoid spending money on meat at the store. I do enjoy the thrill of hunting a big buck though. Especially when i only have to walk a couole hundred yards from the house.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I stay with some friends every so often that could hunt from their couch and shoot out of the sliding door. I actually started to take a shot on a ground hog from the house but he dipped to fast.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Not every deer taken is a spiritual experience.

That's cause you're not doing it right.;)

I love when archery snobs not so subtly condescend on gun hunters.:laugh:

Unless they advocate string and stick hunting in the most primitive way possible, while wearing a loincloth and only after performing an elaborate ritual involving fire, dancing in moonlight and the letting of their own blood to appease the hunting gods, I just laugh at them.;)

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    If you've never shot one in your underwear and an orange hat then you don't live in the country! Never shot one from inside the house. I have shot other things from inside a house though. Man, its loud.

ChrisK1977

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    I wouldn't use a flint lock I know of a few deer that have been killed before the Orange on the blinds law came into effect.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Horrible photo quality, but this is in my back yard:

ohdeer.jpg

That's a pretty common sight. :)

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Horrible photo quality, but this is in my back yard:

ohdeer.jpg

That's a pretty common sight. :)

I think you are my new best friend!! PM me your address and Ill be right over with a big bottle of Jack Daniels!! (Add purple as needed, if you decline to send me your address.) :cool:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    The whole point of the hunter orange on ground blinds is to alert other hunters to them, as some blend into their surroundings pretty well. I doubt that the law meant to include actual residences, though you never know these days. Lol!

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Probably wouldn't need the hunter orange on your house if you had the front and back porch lights on.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Where I live there is 26 acres behind my home with the power lines running through. I have turkeys come through every year and decided this year to get one from my back door. It's on my property and the wife cleaned it. My neighbors are pretty cool when it comes to shooting in our neck of the woods.

met eng gun nut

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ive shot a few out the back door before letting the dogs out. makes dragging them to the shed pretty easy. I think as long as you are not endangering your neighbors person or belongings it is a county by county thing.

Top Bottom