• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    I was at a gun show and saw an excellent Remington 700 .223 with a bull barrel and it had a property of Indiana label on it and was wondering what department that it was decommisioned from.

AR Maker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Morgan County-MSG2
    Indiana Department of Correction just sold off a crap load of .223 700's to fund the purchase of .308 700's. If it is one of those then it is a PSS 700. Did it have a Leupold vari XIII glass on it?

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    There was one of these @ the Seymour gun show yesterday, but I don't remember it having the scope. Just happened to be looking at an AR upper and listening to the seller and buyer talk about it, not really my cup of tea.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    There was one of these @ the Seymour gun show yesterday, but I don't remember it having the scope. Just happened to be looking at an AR upper and listening to the seller and buyer talk about it, not really my cup of tea.

Crap. I was there on Saturday and didn't see that. I was looking for 700 police rifles too.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Indiana Department of Correction just sold off a crap load of .223 700's to fund the purchase of .308 700's. If it is one of those then it is a PSS 700. Did it have a Leupold vari XIII glass on it?

Any idea where these are ending up? Id sure like to get my hands on one.

kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    Sorry I haven't been back on but it was at the Seymour show and the scope was removed. The seller was wanting $375 for it and my son and I agreed it was a BDL with a factory bull barrel. I passed on it because of limited funds choosing instead to wait for what I really want a Browning BAR 7 rem mag.

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    Sorry I haven't been back on but it was at the Seymour show and the scope was removed. The seller was wanting $375 for it and my son and I agreed it was a BDL with a factory bull barrel. I passed on it because of limited funds choosing instead to wait for what I really want a Browning BAR 7 rem mag.

So it wasn't a 700P or 700PSS. I assume if it was a BDL, then it had a wood stock?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

im glad i didn't see it id probably be 375 poorer

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    I've got a 700 BDL at work that's property of Indiana (DNR) but doesn't say so. Mine's chambered in .222 and it's a great super accurate rifle. I wish it was the .223 to give me access to the cheaper ammo, but it is what it is. I wish I could afford one of these surplus rifles for home, but I work for the state, so no dough.

kjonesel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2009
    Palmyra
    It had an immaculate wood stock. The same promoter has a gun show in Evansville towards the end of the month and one in Salem the first part of January. Possibly the same vendor would be at one of those shows, I failed to get his name myself and now I wish I had. That is the beauty of a gun show. So many toys for all our Christmas Joys.

Top Bottom