Decent red dot for a decent price recommendation for ar15...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Reading this thread I got the itch for a new reddot, why I don't know, but got a TRS-25 from Amazon for $40. Applied for the Amazon Visa Card and got $50.00 off. I keep it in the draw for a year and cancel it.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    For a budget RDS, the PA MD-ADS is the one to look at. 50k hr battery life, it's been tested quite a bit on the ARF, M4, etc... forums and it seems to be pretty robust.

It's basically a Holosun with the old quirks worked out.

I keep hearing it's not as dependable as an Aimpoint, and I'm not arguing that it is.....but I haven't seen why it is not. There don't seem to be any complaints regarding reliability that I can find, and normally, if something is failing, you hear about it on the forums. Everyone that has one seems to be pretty happy with it.

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    For a budget RDS, the PA MD-ADS is the one to look at. 50k hr battery life, it's been tested quite a bit on the ARF, M4, etc... forums and it seems to be pretty robust.

It's basically a Holosun with the old quirks worked out.

I keep hearing it's not as dependable as an Aimpoint, and I'm not arguing that it is.....but I haven't seen why it is not. There don't seem to be any complaints regarding reliability that I can find, and normally, if something is failing, you hear about it on the forums. Everyone that has one seems to be pretty happy with it.

I had one that I had to send back. After a few weeks of leaving it on, it lost about half of the brightness settings. The dot was still there and it was still holding zero. PA took care of it, and the replacement has been working like a champ. That is what makes me leary of saying it's on par with Aimpoint. The Aimpoint PRO and H-1 I have bought haven't had any trouble, though no company is flawless.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's good feedback to have. Thanks.

I had one that I had to send back. After a few weeks of leaving it on, it lost about half of the brightness settings. The dot was still there and it was still holding zero. PA took care of it, and the replacement has been working like a champ. That is what makes me leary of saying it's on par with Aimpoint. The Aimpoint PRO and H-1 I have bought haven't had any trouble, though no company is flawless.

Top Bottom