• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I guess I'll push the button tomorrow and see what the damage will look like. This along with college tuition is going to make an interesting year.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    kind of off the subject but it is tax related.. I owe state, but with the forever stamps, how do you know how many stamps to put on the tax return letter? My state return is about 6 pages.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    I am double pissed...
    2013 things begin to turn a corner to the better. Finally. Squirrel away some money only to find out that more than all of it will vanish to pay taxes. That really pisses me.
    We bite the bullet and send in the documents to E-file and the IRS responds saying I can not file because someone has already filed under my SS# and they already issued a refund to "Me"
    Are you shi--ing me? Some Rat Basta-d has stolen my identity and gotten paid a refund to a shill checking account. I am fu----g really pissed.
    Upon learning this you begin to notify every entity in all levels of law and such like the IRS, SEC, FTC, local police, local prosecutors office and others.
    It took me days to notify all the departments. As a precaution my accountant strongly suggested we subscribe to Life Lock immediately. I did.
    All of this BS has cost a hellofa lot of time and money... plus the IRS said be sure to send in the payment you owe us.. State too.
    I really am just pissed.
    The IRS is one thing... I will always pay my taxes. But this identity theft has just about pushed me to the brink.
    I am just pissed.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    So my dad got his first year of social security. My parents tax bill is north of 10 grand.

I can't believe they tax social security. What a bunch of bs.
    How is that not double taxation?

I can't believe people have put up with crap this long.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So my dad got his first year of social security. My parents tax bill is north of 10 grand.

I am getting my SS but only drew 5 months last year. Not done with my taxes yet as I am sure they are going to kill me.
    Yes, the tax you on every thing they can. That is the only concern of the Feds. Take all they can from those who have anything and give it to those who have nothing. Great system Huh......:dunno:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    why should you get a tax deduction for carrying debt on your home? I don't have one, so why do you get to write off more come tax time than my standard deductions?
    We are the landed gentry, a powerful interest group. We have friends in high places......

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I am getting my SS but only drew 5 months last year. Not done with my taxes yet as I am sure they are going to kill me.
    Yes, the tax you on every thing they can. That is the only concern of the Feds. Take all they can from those who have anything and give it to those who have nothing. Great system Huh......:dunno:

If they only really gave it to those with nothing.........I would feel better. They take it from even those who don't have it.........and give it to those who do have. ie: corporations, other countries, themselves.

I think everyone should join together and stop paying taxes.....until they spend our money more wisely, which would be never.

The state is as bad, or worse than the Feds. 1 car may have sales tax paid on it 10 times.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If they only really gave it to those with nothing.........I would feel better. They take it from even those who don't have it.........and give it to those who do have. ie: corporations, other countries, themselves.

I think everyone should join together and stop paying taxes.....until they spend our money more wisely, which would be never.

The state is as bad, or worse than the Feds. 1 car may have sales tax paid on it 10 times.

If we all paid every tax that was levied on us at 1 time this :poop: would come to a screaming halt. How much do you all think we pay in taxes yearly as a % of income.....Antone....Beuller....Beuller

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am double pissed...
    2013 things begin to turn a corner to the better. Finally. Squirrel away some money only to find out that more than all of it will vanish to pay taxes. That really pisses me.
    We bite the bullet and send in the documents to E-file and the IRS responds saying I can not file because someone has already filed under my SS# and they already issued a refund to "Me"
    Are you shi--ing me? Some Rat Basta-d has stolen my identity and gotten paid a refund to a shill checking account. I am fu----g really pissed.
    Upon learning this you begin to notify every entity in all levels of law and such like the IRS, SEC, FTC, local police, local prosecutors office and others.
    It took me days to notify all the departments. As a precaution my accountant strongly suggested we subscribe to Life Lock immediately. I did.
    All of this BS has cost a hellofa lot of time and money... plus the IRS said be sure to send in the payment you owe us.. State too.
    I really am just pissed.
    The IRS is one thing... I will always pay my taxes. But this identity theft has just about pushed me to the brink.
    I am just pissed.

My dad just went thru this.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

To owe 10 Grand as a married couple, the AGI has to be at least $72,600.00

The first factor to consider is the Social Security “give-back.” If you are age 62 or older, but still under the full retirement age (65–67 depending on your birth year), and receiving reduced Social Security benefits, you must “give back” $1 for every $2 earned above $15,120 in 2013. If you reach full retirement age in 2013, your benefits are reduced by $1 for each $3 earned over $40,080 in months prior to your full retirement age. When you reach your full retirement age, there is no limit on your earnings, and Social Security benefits are not reduced.

Gadgetmonster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Southport area
    HoosierDoc,

My family Dr. told me a bunch of Dr's at St. Francis have been targeted.

If we ever get to the bottom of who did this I will prosecute. Here is a bigger picture regarding the depth of this fraud:

WASHINGTON (AP) -- An Internet connection and a bunch of stolen identities are all it takes for crooks to collect billions of dollars in bogus federal tax refunds. And the scam is proving too pervasive to stop.

A government report released in November said the IRS issued nearly $4 billion in fraudulent tax refunds over the previous year to thieves who were using other people's personal information. Attorney General Eric Holder said this week that the "scale, scope and execution of these fraud schemes" has grown substantially and the Justice Department in the past year has charged 880 people.

http://www.cbs12.com/news/top-stories/stories/vid_14887.shtml?fb_action_ids=10203885143151674&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_ref=.U0rI9lWkpH8.like

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We got an email about it a month ago. No way to really know unless you file as far as I know. Best advice is file immediately when you have your information together. Problem is the fraudsters don't need to wait for a w-2.

WAY more than $4billion is fraudulently refunded. I'd say more is likely done by those claiming dependents that they don't have and also abusing the earned income tax credit.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What is the most SS will pay you, as in $ amount? If you make $1,000,000 a year and get SS at 67, what would it pay?
    SS deductions stop after like, $106someoddK, so if you make 1,000,000 you only pay out for the first 100 something. So there is a limit to what you get back, determined on when you start drawing. I do not know what that limit is?

Last edited:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    To owe 10 Grand as a married couple, the AGI has to be at least $72,600.00

The first factor to consider is the Social Security “give-back.” If you are age 62 or older, but still under the full retirement age (65–67 depending on your birth year), and receiving reduced Social Security benefits, you must “give back” $1 for every $2 earned above $15,120 in 2013. If you reach full retirement age in 2013, your benefits are reduced by $1 for each $3 earned over $40,080 in months prior to your full retirement age. When you reach your full retirement age, there is no limit on your earnings, and Social Security benefits are not reduced.

They both still work. Not really full time though. They don't want to sit around I guess? I don't know their exact income but it's more than 72k. As for thier age my dads the oldest and he's just turned 70.
    That 10 grand is what they owed not their total tax liability. That figure was a heart wrenching amount of money. More than double the check he had to write to the blood suckers.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Just remember that the whole Income Tax issue is based on a TEMPORARY tax imposed in 1913 to fund the government on an emergency basis ONLY. Of course, our ever-so-helpful Congress has seen fit to renew it ever since. Keep that in mind as your bank accounts bleed straight into the government coffers...

Top Bottom