• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We're having our taxes done today! My frustrations are well documented here in Ingo! I pay both indiana and Michigan taxes. Federal is always off the hook. Hard to justify working hard anymore. Guess I'm blessed that I can pay it.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think we should be taxed on what we spend, instead of what we make. If everyone paid a flat tax, including the government, on purchases....it seems it would be fair. It only makes logical sense. Might even encourage savings in the middle class.

I know so many people that are wealthy and never pay taxes. They deal in cash....they have trust funds, put land in family trusts that they control. It's a high stakes game of hide and seek. They buy $1,000,000 in equipment that sits for 2-3 years unused, just to not pay capital gains taxes on that 1,000,000 income.

All the guys who never pay taxes, but spend money, would then be taxed....when they spend the money. Lower income would then pay the same % but would obviously be spending a lot less than the top earners. Just seems like everything would be equal and more fair if we just had a flat % everyone paid.

I hate taxes. My wife and I are both self employed......we get to pay twice as much SS as people who work a job. And I know neither one of us will probably ever get any of it back. Over 15% each we pay into that...makes me wanna upchuck.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    My wife has decided to return to school at 40 years old. She was in a discussion with classmates, mostly 20 sumfins, about politics, taxes, etc. She has never been very interested in such matters and tends to be a bit of a bleeding heart. She was kinda fired up about the, "yeah, tax the rich more!" side of things. I showed her this chart, and said, guess what? WE ARE THE RICH that they want to see taxed more.

income_2011.png

We are not 1%ers by any means, but when you can tax them no more, it will be the evil 5%ers they go after, then the evil 10%ers...

Dear God, what have I done? I think I made her a Repub.;)

Last night she was yelling at the TV about something the Dear Leader was saying, complaining about raising the minimum wage, and b!tching about our tax bill.:laugh:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Yep, those numbers have been out there....but the "rich" are still the enemy, even of many people who claim to be fiscally conservative or freedom loving.

One line says it for me- the top 5% of wage earners pay well over 50% of the taxes. Fair share? Really? They are the problem?

Hey you under 50%ers, I bet they're tired of dragging your underachieving carcasses through the economy.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    What's worse for me, is I forgot a deduction that would end up getting me about $150 back, but I don't want to amend the return and trigger an audit flag. It's pretty bad how much we seem to live in fear of the IRS, even when we make a mistake. Going to be more careful next year, but already dreading filing now. We gained about $20K in gross this year with my wife becoming an RN, and I think we'll gain another $10K this year. Going to have to start getting creative I guess.
    Start a small business (or another one). Even health care and long term care insurance is deductible from the bottom line.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Ghuns....That chart is wild. Hard to figure how the top 10% make almost 50% of what is to be made.......the other 90% get to fight for the 50% leftover.

Yeah, wild.:rolleyes: I am in that top 10% and know exactly how I came to be here.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've never owed this much. Will the Feds and state allow me to pay them in installments? Virginia was kind enough to return some of the tax I paid them for the two months I was here in 2013. I guess I'll use that to buy something nice, like envelopes tool my fed and state payments!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Mine are at the accountants now, I am scared to death, I had a great year, full of hard work long hours and misery. Now I have to watch all of that time, sweat, and energy go to someone who made two extra babies!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I've never owed this much. Will the Feds and state allow me to pay them in installments? Virginia was kind enough to return some of the tax I paid them for the two months I was here in 2013. I guess I'll use that to buy something nice, like envelopes tool my fed and state payments!

Sure and they'll tack on interest.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Mine are at the accountants now, I am scared to death, I had a great year, full of hard work long hours and misery. Now I have to watch all of that time, sweat, and energy go to someone who made two extra babies!

Or to our local farmers.....you should check out how much our local farmers have collected in the last 10 years. The wealthiest farmers of our county are at the top of the entitlement list......

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Oh man. Did another run through of my taxes while I'm waiting on the last K-1 to trickle in. The IRS has stuck it in deep and twisted it. It's likely I'm going to have to file an extension and pay the estimate at this point, but that is just going to make me pissed off all over again in October.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I went to the gym this afternoon. I did 35 minutes on the stationary bike. Made my butt hurt something fierce. Then I came home and started my taxes and the real pain began.

Internal Revenue --- you call that a Service?

Top Bottom