• ...and so much more!
  • Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Moles tor up my Grandpa's yard and he hated them. He would watch for the ground to move and jam a shovel down and cut them in half. Caught several like that.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Victor Mole Trap. $10 at Home Depot. The trick is to use a hand trowel and make two grooves in the ground to allow the vise like grips to crush them. Some guy on Amazon posted a real good video / how-to. I have killed a lot of moles on my property with it.

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Ditto.. My yard is riddled with them.. Used the poison worms. Going to put the grub control down but was afraid that it is going to be washed away.. Any thoughts?. Thanks

Moles... What a pain in the arse. Hope this helps..

Grub control is not the answer to your mole problem. Below is a couple links to Purdue Turfgrass publications.

Look on page 3 for "Other Approaches To Control".

http://extension.entm.purdue.edu/publications/ADM-10.pdf
    https://www.agry.purdue.edu/turf/homeowner.html

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    For grubs, milky spore is the way to go.

Moles, underground scissor traps and spray runs with homemade "mole ****." Primary ingredients are castor oil and dawn soap with water. I add some Tabasco.

Rodents, buckets full of water with sunflower seed floating on top. Even more deadly, a larger tub burried in ground. I used a black 25 gallon tub made for water features and stood a log up in the center. Plenty of plant material floating on water. Not far from bird feeder. Put a huge dent in a small red squirrel population. I kept water level low enough they could not climb sides to.get out. Cold water kills fast. In winter any bucket in the garage the rodents could get above the rim, had dead ones in them. Dumb butts.

Emphasis on scissor traps. Much higher percentage kill then spike traps and a lot safer in terms of pets and kids. I learned about these traps from a professional urban critter catcher and an old NoDak trapper. Both were right. I use the Victors.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I have several holes in my yard but no "runs" at the top of the dirt. Is the gallon milk jug the best way to trap or is it not moles I have ?

Note that was a wide mouth gatorade bottle, not a milk jug. I dont think most moles would fit in the milk jug's hole.

Top Bottom