• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fine, but I think the Constitution should apply equally to all.

I've read it a bunch and never found anything regarding different standards for different people. In fact, the theme of it, seems to me to be the exact opposite of different groups being treated differently.
    You are equating charges against a citizen with allegations of misconduct against officers?

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    You are equating charges against a citizen with allegations of misconduct against officers?

I'm equating the standard of presumed innocent for all parties, regardless of the allegations, regardless of profession. Whether you sell pot for a living or carry a badge.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Another productive citizen destroyed by the Drug War...

The crushing impact of the DEA raid left shop-owner Illana Lipsen personally devastated, branded with a criminal record, and left in economic ruin.

Reason TV reported the following:

Following the botched 2014 raid, the DEA immediately attempted a cover up. At the behest of the U.S. Attorney’s office, a judge strong-armed Lipsen into signing a letter absolving the agency from any wrongdoing by asserting that she and her sister had attacked the DEA officers first. For his part, Ponton strong-armed the local paper for writing a balanced take on the raid because he thought the Lipsens were not credible witnesses.

The Purple Zone was first raided in 2012, when police seized “spice” packets, which Lipsen sold as potpourri in the store’s incense section. “You can buy these products online or in any gas station or smoke shop in Texas,” says Lipsen. Though lab tests revealed no banned substances, Ponton moved to indict on the grounds that the Controlled Substance Analogue Enforcement Act of 1986 makes it illegal to sell and possess substances that are “similar to controlled substances.” The basis of the indictment was the finding of 3 chemicals not banned in Texas at the time they were seized, but banned by the federal government a year later.

Lipsen agreed to a plea deal in September in exchange for serving no jail time. To date, she’s lost over $100,000 on legal bills and seized property, and wants to get on with her life. “I never wanted to aggravate anybody,” says Lipsen. “I don’t do this for fun. This isn’t a hobby, this is how I support myself. This is how I live.” Of her relationship with the town of Alpine, “I love it here, but it’s become toxic.”

[video=youtube;IHgxFdOzneU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHgxFdOzneU[/video]

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    zomg, the District Attorney and the Defendant were involved at one time! And no Special Prosecutor was requested. Mother of . . .

The whole frickin' state is like something out of American Violet. Good grief.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    central IN
    Reminds me of Title 18, U.S.C., Section 242, Deprivation of Rights Under Color of Law. Maybe the wrong folks got arrested.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Thomas Jefferson is most likely rolling in his grave. He was quoted as saying, "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny," and a judge forcing someone to recant against their 1A rights strikes me as morally unconscionable. Obtaining a warrant after the fact strikes me as illegal. Irregardless of what kind or how much contraband the shop may have had, according to this story the alphabet.gov might as well have said, "Constititution...we don' need no steenking Constitution," verbally to match their actions. Making a case out of substances which were only illegal a year after the incident in question, and making it stick, is yet another example of a DA being utterly despicable.

This reeks of tyranny and collusion between layers of government working against its citizens instead of for them as was originally intended. Interesting how easily the legal system diverges from anything resembling a system of justice when government agencies are involved. I would have to agree with those above who asserted that our founding fathers fought against exactly this kind of heavyhandedness from a government that had no respect for its citizens. It certainly seems to me that the .gov has pretty close to zero fear and a similar level of respect for those citizens it decides to target...especially when it comes to the continuing war against US citizens... er, I mean, drugs. <rant off>

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Those arent cops. they are PIGS. And the judge is just as crooked. I dont care how guilty you are, you still deserve the protection of your rights under the law.

That just proves that whole damn place is corrupt. Do they "vote early, vote often" down there too?

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    This judge needs a good old fashion judgement handed down upon him. I'm waiting for people to take their country back... surprised it has taken so long...

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I'm waiting for people to wake up and realize they CAN take their country back. Too many seem to believe that this is just the way it is.... Hell, I am 61 years old, on full disability and can barely walk - but if you tell me when and where to show up with a pack and a rifle I'll be there! I might have to steal a motorcycle but I'm game. I got nothing to lose.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom