• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Over the years since we went to DST I have used that extra hour so much. I have used it when I was seriously cycling 5000 miles a year, playing golf, late business appointments, and the two years I took care of my friends small farm when he was fighting cancer. Just so much I have been able to do because it.
    Of that list, the only thing I see that really uses the time is the business appointment. I don't see how the rest *really* requires the close. On second glance, I guess also the farm since you have to work it around your work schedule. I don't know what you do, but many (certainly not all) employers would allow some flexibility in that (these days, I dunno when the farm happened).

What we might be finding here is that morning people probably prefer being at the start of a time zone and night owls prefer the end. It's not exactly groundbreaking, but it's something.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I leave the clock in my gun room alone. My little protest. At least there is a chance my son will "sleep in."
    Screenshot_20220307-073952_Facebook.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I really cannot help those that have nothing in their lives they want to do outdoors after normal work hours. They can stay inside and tend to the virtual life they manage online…
    Or, they can get off work at 3 p.m. instead of 5 p.m., and have TWO more hours to get outside rather than the ONE that the 9-5'ers gain from DST... ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, on the plus side.... Starting next week my counterparts in India can end their day a little earlier and still overlap a bit with those of us in USA-East. My 7AM will be their 4:30PM starting next week.

Yeah, India is on the 1/2 hour, and does not observe DST. Maybe they are on to something... Indiana should move to -4.5, or -4.75 just to be contrary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well, on the plus side.... Starting next week my counterparts in India can end their day a little earlier and still overlap a bit with those of us in USA-East. My 7AM will be their 4:30PM starting next week.

Yeah, India is on the 1/2 hour, and does not observe DST. Maybe they are on to something... Indiana should move to -4.5, or -4.75 just to be contrary.
    I'm sure it would complicate things, but the half hour increments actually make more sense to me since there's such a big difference between the eastern edge of the time zones and the western edge. But logistically it seems like it would be a big headache keeping track of all that.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    DST isn't going anywhere but even after all these years, I still don't like it. I miss the Saturday nights when shortly after the racing started the sun would set. That's when you get to see the sparks fly and header flames add to the magic of racing at night. Kids Friday night late baseball/softball games would start before the sun went down but would end under the lights, they used to circle that game on the schedules.
    Since I work nights it's a dang teaser. So for the last couple weeks the sun has been coming up as I'm driving home. But, starting Sunday it will once again be dark as I'm heading home.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since I don't go to work now... I can say...

I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!

:)
    Your schedule is jacked up enough without the time change! Hopefully you can settle in to a more consistent one eventually. I was going to say "normal", but I'm not even sure what that would be for you. Don't know how you do it act!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Your schedule is jacked up enough without the time change! Hopefully you can settle in to a more consistent one eventually. I was going to say "normal", but I'm not even sure what that would be for you. Don't know how you do it act!

I'm RETIRED! :woot:

Now if I could get my body to sleep 8 hours at night, and be awake in the day, that would be great.

Top Bottom