• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There have been a couple of times that I was up late surfing INGO and all of a sudden a great deal was posted in the classifieds. One time it was a 2nd generation G19 that I jumped on immediately! A few times there were some interesting pieces that I figured I could wait for a minute and decide if I want it, only seeing it was gone a few minutes later. I've also experienced the time when money just wasn't available at the time.

Here is my last "miss" that was snatched from under me, because I waited too long. Has this ever happened to you?

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    All of the time!
    Just a couple of days ago, a member posted a pellet gun I wanted. I saw it when it came up and couldn't decide if I wanted to drive two hours for a $40 pellet gun. It sold that day and the next day I realized the member had a .22 rifle for sale that I wanted. So I ended up makeing the drive anyway, but because I hesitated it was to late for the pellet gun.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    RANT ON:
    I'm pretty much done with trying to buy anything in the classifieds as it seems most people don't have a clue how to conduct business professionally. Last week I made an offer of $285 (only $15 less than asking price) on a item only to be turned down by the seller. Then a day later the seller drops the price to $275 and it was sold before I saw the price drop. Last Thursday, I said I would take an item at the seller's asking price, but could not get with him until yesterday (Monday) because I was stuck doing a show in Lafayette. He said no problem. I sent him a PM Sunday night when I got back from Lafayette and told him that I was available to complete the transaction anytime it was convenient for him....still have not heard anything back from him...I have a feeling he sold the item to someone else.

If I ran my business like some of the people on here do, I would be out of business.:twocents:

RANT OFF

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    My God, INGO members are fast! I didn't even have a chance to hit "send"! :laugh:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../148859-xbox_360_games_controllers_cheap.html

Sorry Que, my XBOX DVD laser died and I was lucky enough to hit the "unread posts" link about 30 seconds after he posted it.

Arent you supposed to yell "DIBS!"? :D

Yeah, pretty much this, make sure to yell it out loud, extra loud if you're at work because it will be harder for the seller to hear you through the work firewalls.:cool:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Several times. First, I'm very choosy about what I spend my money on, second I try to look for good deals, and third I don't LIVE on the classified page which results in a lot of missed deals.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm usually too far south for most of the good deals, majority of the time when I see something I like it's over before it starts because of that. Oh well there's some good people down here also! But yes I have had the quick sell make me smack myself a few times. :rolleyes:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I've lost out by a few minutes on a few good deals, one I recently got three weeks after it had been gotten by someone else :D

I pretty much know what I want and have some free money ready to jump on those deals.

I lost out on one recently because of a longstanding member who wasn't interesting in conducting themselves honorably. He conveniently "ignored" my buy offer (his asking price) until someone more local who could meet him sooner came along (my original offer included the date I could meet, a few days later). That wouldn't have been so bad except that he posted "all PMs replied to" after I'd sent him three over the course of a couple of days. I couldn't really neg-rep him because he never accepted my offer, but it's a pretty scummy way to conduct yourself. If he'd even just declined my offer initially or said he had another deal pending I'd have had no hard feelings. Now he's on my "don't buy and don't sell to" list.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sorry Que, my XBOX DVD laser died and I was lucky enough to hit the "unread posts" link about 30 seconds after he posted it.

Lol :D Oh, I did find another game, but it's a bit racey! :D (Bikini Samurai Squad, yeah, that's right...)

Gettin' too old to play games, now I get to spend 4 hours a day running rather than 2 with this sale!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Arent you supposed to yell "DIBS!"? :D

There can be an issue with this: I consider a gun sold and "held" when one makes a geniune effort to set up a time and place. I get a ton of "I'll take it" from folks that think they can wait 2-3 days until they get back with me, only to cancel out.

Nowdays, I hold it when someone says what is your schedule, here is mine (or they begin throwing times/dates/places my direction), stuff like that. But to say, I'll take it, I need more than that.

Another gripe is that folks say they are "interested" but that is little if any indication of desire to hold. I get folks all the time that want 50 questions answered (in many cases, answered in the post itself :( ), but then get mad when I sell the gun when they make no real effort to take it or arrange a time.

Call it what you will, but that's how gunstores do it! :dunno: :D

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Yeah I've missed some good deals before because either A: I didn't have the money at the time or B:I saw it right after it was taken.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    RANT ON:
    I'm pretty much done with trying to buy anything in the classifieds as it seems most people don't have a clue how to conduct business professionally. Last week I made an offer of $285 (only $15 less than asking price) on a item only to be turned down by the seller. Then a day later the seller drops the price to $275 and it was sold before I saw the price drop. Last Thursday, I said I would take an item at the seller's asking price, but could not get with him until yesterday (Monday) because I was stuck doing a show in Lafayette. He said no problem. I sent him a PM Sunday night when I got back from Lafayette and told him that I was available to complete the transaction anytime it was convenient for him....still have not heard anything back from him...I have a feeling he sold the item to someone else.

If I ran my business like some of the people on here do, I would be out of business.:twocents:

RANT OFF

It happens. Leave feedback and move on. :twocents:

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I have missed a few, but I feel like it works out when I miss one and the money is still in my pocket for the even better deal that comes up an hour later.:popcorn:

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I've missed some good deals basically b/c I'm broke! I have posted a few things to sell and those that have sold went fairly smoothly. I am guilty of not checking the ads all the time though. I try to be fair but some people are just down right unreasonable or think that b/c you may need money they can low ball you to death. If I try to trade someone and they aren't interested I thank them and move on. No biggie either way.... :twocents:

Top Bottom