• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I had a 3x9x32 Simmons scope sitting around, so I put it on my 597. Here is the target, 25 yards shooting off the bench. Rounds fired where CCI mini-mags.

002-5.jpg

I also took my Savage MKIIFV. I had it sigted in at 100 yards, but with a 3x9 power scope it was not the magnification I need. So I sigthed it in at 50 yards. Off the bench, all rounds where CCI mini-mags.

001-12.jpg

Cain71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey wait a minute,i new they had a shooting clays area,but what about this range. its so close and I did not know! Would really like more info and by the way good shooting

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Hey wait a minute,i new they had a shooting clays area,but what about this range. its so close and I did not know! Would really like more info and by the way good shooting

As far as I know it's open Monday trough Friday, not sure about the weekends. It's free to the public, tuesdays and thursdays before noon. Other then that you have to be a member, or be a guest of a member.

nighthawk80

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Trafalger
    It's open everyday of the week. 10-5 on Sat. and 12-5 on sunday.
    It is closed on all the major holidays and sometimes the days before a holiday, like Memorial weekend. It's a decent place to shoot, but it still has its idiots that shoot up the target stands and and target bunkers.

stoyan79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Thats some nice shooting there! Too bad nice days are gone this year, except today. This reminds me, I have to go. :ar15:

tsmysak1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    My Ceraland Story

I used to shoot there all the time. Then, for a while they had a range Nazi, which I don't know if they still do. The reason was for safety. Basically it was a guy that came out from the maintenance department and made sure people were behaving.

The office said if you were not a member of a local shooting club you required a range Nazi to watch you, otherwise you could get on a "pre-approved" list. So, one day a local club invited me out to shoot there. You can guess which one.

I was down at the 100 yard target hanging up a new sheet and this guy pulls up from the pre-approved club and starts blasting away, while I was down range. Now, in all fairness, they have these backstops there that block the view from the right side, but it didn't make me any less angry.

I yelled at them and then walked back there. They were all white as ghosts. I had it in my mind to knock the guy's teeth in, but they wouldn't tell me who was doing the shooting. All 10 of them just stood there and looked dumb. I kept asking, but no one said a word.

When you are there, make sure you look down range carefully, and make sure it is obvious to others that you are there.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Agreed, usualy my Dad and I have the whole range to ourselfs. I had a manitenance guy tell me one day, to slow down my firing. Said he checked liked every so often. Then we go yesterday, and the range was a mess.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Good range to shoot at. Just kind of have to take charge sometimes to keep things safe.

I have seen my fair share of idiots there. Sometimes it's kind of entertaining but sometimes it can really get under my skin when people have no muzzle discipline and always neglect to bring ear protection.

The maintenance guys are usually decent these days if you do not rapid fire and follow the basic safety rules.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    The couple times I've been there I haven't had any problems on the range and have been all by myself (except for when my brother came). The last time I was there a man and a bunch of younger kids came over from the camping area with an AR15.

Well...it was a RRA M4 w/ 3 round burst and a silencer...come to find out he was w/ the Greensburg SWAT team and was camping the same weekend. He ended up letting me and my brother shoot it before he left...oh well..broke the NFA/class 3 rule. :ar15:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom