• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trevorreplys

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Is this on again anytime soon? I can't find it on Comcrap

Alot of times the History channel posts stuff on there site or uploads it to other video sites. You can probably google it and find ;)

Also it was a decent show kept my interest more than I expected :draw:

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    Day After Disaster

network_400x300.jpg

subheader_schedule.gif

Friday, October 16 08:00 AM
    Friday, October 16 02:00 PM
    Search for other upcoming episodes

RSS What is RSS?

Against a morning sky, a mushroom cloud spirals heavenward. A nuclear bomb has detonated in the heart of Washington D.C., incinerating 15,000 residents in just 15 seconds. More than 50% of the population living within a 1/2 mile radius of the explosion is either dead or severely injured. The next 24 hours will determine whether the rest of the city lives or dies. To survive this horrific ordeal they will need a plan. And lucky for us--there is one. But will it work? For the first time on television, the Department of Homeland Security reveals the most detailed and comprehensive plan to save America should terrorists go nuclear. This chilling two-hour special delves into the complex and highly secretive world of disaster planning.
    Rating: TVPG
    Running Time: 120 minutes

Ok, the picture didn't show up, but the next date/times are there. I'm guessing these are Eastern time.

Last edited:

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    I just finished watching it on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCvJKOk2SDA&feature=related]YouTube - Day After Disaster - Part 1[/ame]

It was a pretty good program.

Gaudard

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Terre Haute
    Was an interesting show.

Kinda of wondering... how far the EMP from the nuke affects communications? I'm currently reading A Second After, which is a good book so far by the way, but anyway instead of one nuke it's several, but they're detonated in the atmosphere... anyway no communications.

How do you call the national guard if their phones are dead? Off duty cops, firemen, ect..? They just show up to work and expect to get directed to where they're needed? Would you show up to your station, post, or base if TSHTF assuming no communications?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Was an interesting show.

Kinda of wondering... how far the EMP from the nuke affects communications? I'm currently reading A Second After, which is a good book so far by the way, but anyway instead of one nuke it's several, but they're detonated in the atmosphere... anyway no communications.

How do you call the national guard if their phones are dead? Off duty cops, firemen, ect..? They just show up to work and expect to get directed to where they're needed? Would you show up to your station, post, or base if TSHTF assuming no communications?

EMP pulses are usually only effective within the blast radius or zone 3. After that the pulse is usually too low to have serious effect. The pulse size depends solely on the size of the nuke. Usually a dirty bomb, or very low grade nukes have very little EMP effect. Really it wouldn't matter unless it explodes in the atmosphere anyway. Anything that the EMP can effect will essentially become rubble anyway so it wouldn't really matter.

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, but that's what I remember from my studies. :)

Top Bottom