• 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Day After Disaster on the History Channel

http://www.history.com/shows.do?episodeId=481864&action=detail

Tivo'd it last night and now watching it. 2 hour special - seems to be very worth while for preppers and tin foil hatters alike. I caught the latter part last night and think it covers COG and the suspension of the US Constitution and the US as we now know it.

Against a morning sky, a mushroom cloud spirals heavenward. A nuclear bomb has detonated in the heart of Washington D.C., incinerating 15,000 residents in just 15 seconds. More than 50% of the population living within a 1/2 mile radius of the explosion is either dead or severely injured. The next 24 hours will determine whether the rest of the city lives or dies. To survive this horrific ordeal they will need a plan. And lucky for us--there is one. But will it work? For the first time on television, the Department of Homeland Security reveals the most detailed and comprehensive plan to save America should terrorists go nuclear. This chilling two-hour special delves into the complex and highly secretive world of disaster planning

Last edited:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    What I got from it was bin laden and his boys have the technical info , the desire and access to materials to make a bomb , I think they said in the 10Kt range .

The show also said it is a safe assumption they will have more than one bomb and use them to get the Gov to give in to their demands .

The upside is they haven't done it yet , the downside is WHEN they do it , we're pretty much screwed . The Gov has all kinds of plans to keep itself going but the average citizen is another story .

Short and sweet , if your lucky you die with the blast .

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I watched a portion of that last night.

Yes the COG is the plan they have on the books. Safe areas for the .gov only.

There is no plan for "civilians" other than martial law to "keep order" :rolleyes:

You are on your own.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Glad that I taped it because I was distracted while watching it and it is very worthwhile in gleaning any and all information from it. They (Government) are certain that this is a possible eminent contingency (which worries the begeezes out of me) but I've expanded it from dirty bomb to H1N1, biological or just martial law for any of several other reasons. This documentary looked like it was filmed with Government approval and pulled no punches. I need to keep working on all preps and training. :popcorn:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That link says its playing on October 4? Must be a repeat of what you taped, huh Sarge?

Is this going to be a regular series?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    That link says its playing on October 4? Must be a repeat of what you taped, huh Sarge?

Is this going to be a regular series?

Yes, next viewing Sunday, October 04 06:00 PM and no not a series but a special documentary for this topic. I highly recommend viewing and taping if at all possible.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    caught it last night, on the DVR. hope no BG's were watching, it pretty much told them how to cripple the US in just a few easy steps, apparently most of which they have already completed.

yep, yer on yer own...unless you are in "the government".

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    I had it on the DVR and watched it last night. To me it really seemed like a prep. video.... More than one expert said "when" it happens not "if."

And, it does seem like we're being prepared for the realities of martial law. Hand over your guns and prepare to march to the gulag. In the event of a major disaster we're all suspects. :patriot:

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I had it on the DVR and watched it last night. To me it really seemed like a prep. video.... More than one expert said "when" it happens not "if."

And, it does seem like we're being prepared for the realities of martial law. Hand over your guns and prepare to march to the gulag. In the event of a major disaster we're all suspects. :patriot:

Good Observation. It was presented as when it happens Not if it happens. The down side (or maybe the up side) is that these agencies FEMA, HS, TSA, etc make their living off of worst case scenarios. Increased budgets and personnel are continually being requested at taxpayer expense.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    SOunds interesting. I'll have to commandeer the tv for a couple hours on Sunday. Thankfully the wife will be going to pick up the oldest daughter from her deadbeat father. One less person to argue with during the show! :laugh:

duke

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Louisville, Ky
    how scary is is that TSA will have a major responsibility. Not that everyone fits the description, but the majority i've come across seem clueless.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Their training program is a joke. I've had a buddy recently quit the TSA and moved to Arizona to do Border Security. He said he learned more in Boy Scouts about security than he did in the TSA...

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Good show. I wonder how much Indy would be considered a target... Just imagine during the Colts game and how many buildings would be destroyed. Plus, it's a "heartland" city with a couple million people to eliminate. Anyone ever think about what they would do in case of a nuclear explosion in Indy?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I doubt it, but I'm sure you can catch it on their website or maybe you tube if you're lucky

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom