• ...and so much more!
  • repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    About six years ago I went on a first date who had been informed by the matchmaker that I carried. I later found out that she thought it was cool and felt safer when she was with me (???), but we had an interesting exchange before I knew that. We were sitting in an O'Charley's having lunch when someone popped a birthday balloon. She was startled and didn't know what it was and then told me she was relieved because when she initially heard the sounds, she thought I might "climb onto the table with my gun and shout 'I'm in charge here!'"

I didn't actually do that, by the way, in case anyone was wondering.

Fortunately I was not on a date at the time. I was hanging out at Applebees with a couple of other recruiters (was one at the time, sadly) when a balloon popped. One of the guys, a veteran of the fighting in Falijuah hit the ground instantly. I had started to laugh at him since he moved instantly, until he pointed out that i was on the ground too. I was deployed the same time, same areas. Yep, I had hit the ground from a danged balloon and was looking to return fire. Glad that didnt happen on a date. Oh, reminds me, better let my fiance know in case a balloon pops why im on the ground.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm an equal opportunity lover.

Besides, that collaboration really annoyed the the president of the college dems and ended with her splitting and becoming a pro-gun libertarian. All-around win. You can't get converts if you don't occasionally reach across the aisle and do some fondling.

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it. Thanks for the sacrifices you have made to the cause.

I noticed when I was younger and single that my libido didn't have the disdain for the hippie chicks that my heart and mind did.

Apparently Ron White was wrong. You can fix stupid. Good job and rep coming your way.:yesway:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    She was startled and didn't know what it was and then told me she was relieved because when she initially heard the sounds, she thought I might "climb onto the table with my gun and shout 'I'm in charge here!'"

Your girlfriend thought you were Al Haig?

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Got my date tomorrow. Going to Logan's. Of course I will not be CCing. I don't do that anyway. She already knows I OC, and she's cool with it. I'm so excited! Haven't been on a date in a while.

Tink

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2012
    So. Bend
    Being female and all....I'll carry on a date. I will always carry if i know the person or not. Anything can happen at any given time be it other people or said dates other personality surfaces. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I CC'd on the first handful of dates I went on with my now-wife.

I must've mentioned to her in a call or a text that I'd been shooting with a buddy of mine. Wasn't a big deal to her.

After said handful of dates - I told her that I needed to tell her something. I told her that I carry a gun and asked if she was OK with that.

Her response? "That's ok, I thought you did anyway". :rockwoot:

Top Bottom