Dashcam video of Fortville officer shooting.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    It wasn't the pot!

I think paco was trying to say that is the marijuana was legal he would have not had a reason to flee thus preventing the chase.

The guy was a convicted FELON with a car full of guns(according to the commentary). It wasn't the pot, it was that he was not wanting to get caught with,

Let's not let this turn into a legalize/don't legalize pot discussion...

Hope Fox is doing ok...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I dont think you understand that Pot is not the same as booze. there are reasons its illegal almost everywhere in the world but booze are allowed.:

This isn't true. You need to let go of the things you learned when Nixon was president. It also isn't true that it had anything to do with this situation. You had a felon in possession of firearms. This is a horrible situation and I have great respect for the honest LEOs that serve everyday.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I don't know if this was drug related, but it seems such shootings usually are...which really makes me question our unsuccessful war on drugs. IMO, it's not worth our officers' safety when they pull someone over to inform them their taillight is out & then get shot because the driver had 3 bags of weed in their car. Decriminalize drugs & most of the drug related violence would go away. Sad.

I have ignored your posts for such a long time I have forgotten why. Irrelevant to that, this is totally inappropriate in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    This isn't true. You need to let go of the things you learned when Nixon was president. It also isn't true that it had anything to do with this situation. You had a felon in possession of firearms. This is a horrible situation and I have great respect for the honest LEOs that serve everyday.

Number one, i dont know why you quoted me. I agree that pot had nothing to do with the situation, and even if it did i am ok w/ that because i agree w/ pot being illegal.

and i did NOT learn it from anyone. It comes from observing the lifestyles of the type of person that smokes pot both lower class and middle class. most of the observations were made as a fireman going on EMS runs, but many have been made as a civilian. a couple people i know have next to nothing in savings but spend almost 400 a month on pot. BUT i dont want to go into details, this thread is not about that.

still dont know why you quoted me.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have ignored your posts for such a long time I have forgotten why. Irrelevant to that, this is totally inappropriate in this thread. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I was making a guess. I didn't expect it to turn into something everyone would get their panties in a bunch about... The linked article didn't say anything about felonies or a car full of guns. Other police shootings do follow the script I had assumed & I stand by my comments in those cases. Everyone chill out.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I was making a guess. I didn't expect it to turn into something everyone would get their panties in a bunch about... The ad linked article didn't say anything about felonies our a car full of guns. Other police shooting s do follow the script I had assumed & I stand by my comments in those cases. Everyone chill out.

You are entitled to your opinion and I back you 100% on expressing it. I still contend that it is insensitive and inappropriate in this thread about a local LEO situation. Go start your own thread in crazytown to express your BS.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Every coin has two sides, both equally valid. While it is no secret that I am largely skeptical regarding the application and integrity of law enforcement and its associated personnel by virtue of personal experience, I find situations such as this disturbing because it generally happens to those lawmen who are the most dedicated, selfless, and represent the acme of their profession--otherwise, they would not have allowed themselves to be in harm's way in the first place. Thoughts and prayers are definitely with this officer.

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Well heck fellas, murderers and rapists try to run away and shoot people when they are about to be caught also. He!! lets drop the prohibition on murder and rape so no one else gets shot trying to aprehend the pieces of s(!t ....

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Well heck fellas

Josh, this happened about 1/2 mi. from my house. If they would have ask, I would have warmed up one of my 700's, just to help the LEO's out??
    How about you get the pieces of Sheet on your side of town, and I'll get them on my side of town??Bill.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Hmmm after being in LE for over 13 years I have never heard of this group of liberals. :noway: As far as I am concerned anyone posting this type of rubbish on a thread about a homicidal thug is part of the problem. Making excuses for this type of incident is just plain bizarre. To much THC perhaps.

Drug legislation and enforcement is a complete failure from the peasant in South America, through our southern border and onward to the hands of the end user with the trip occasionally spiced up with arrests, shootings, no-knocks, especially those carried out at the wrong houses, and innocent citizens having their cash stolen from the on the presumption of involvement with the drug trade with no corroborating evidence whatsoever. I don't think anyone could make a credible argument that the system is working in this regard. Part of me leans toward legalizing drugs and letting the morons self-destruct and then the rest of us move on. In reality, I seriously object to the use of drugs but don't have a good solution--just the realization that the 'War on Drugs' has been the prime mover in our steady march toward a police state.

Do you have a workable solution? I would like to be rid of the drugs, but the 'solutions' that have been presented seem to be worse than the problem, especially considering that the .gov is completely unwilling to secure the border where the problem could be solved.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    The video is horrific. I am shocked the officer survived. Thank goodness he was saved.

MJ should NOT be illegal. You guys that say it is far worse than alcohol are spreading ignorance. It is about a thousand times safer and less intoxicating. But I don't think that has much to do with this shooting.

The criminal shot the cop because he didn't want to go to jail. I don't think legalizing MJ would have prevented this, because this guy was a contraband runner, and he would've just had something else besides pot as a reason to run. What a piece of ****. EDIT: Glad he is dead.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom