• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    Well, after reading this, Danny Glover has now just moved up in line on my officially on my moron list:

Award-winning actor Danny Glover made a bold claim as he spoke to a group of students at Texas A&M University on Thursday: the Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and take land from the Native Americans.
    ‘I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,’ said Glover, well known for his roles in the ‘Lethal Weapon’ franchise. ‘The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans,’ he said.
    ‘A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is.’
    :dunno:

The idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

Dirty Steve

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Well, after reading this, Danny Glover has now just moved up in line on my officially on my moron list:

Award-winning actor Danny Glover made a bold claim as he spoke to a group of students at Texas A&M University on Thursday: the Constitution's Second Amendment was created to bolster slavery and take land from the Native Americans.
    ‘I don’t know if you know the genesis of the right to bear arms,’ said Glover, well known for his roles in the ‘Lethal Weapon’ franchise. ‘The Second Amendment comes from the right to protect themselves from slave revolts, and from uprisings by Native Americans,’ he said.
    ‘A revolt from people who were stolen from their land or revolt from people whose land was stolen from, that’s what the genesis of the second amendment is.’
    :dunno:

The idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

Dirty Steve

While I do agree with you, I do appreciate his honesty. Unlike others who would pretend to affirm the first amendment while working to undermine it!

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don't understand where the "honesty" lies in this statement. I guess you could rephrase it as "Honestly, DG was wrong in the interpretation of why the 2nd Amendment was created". :twocents:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't know if there is no truth to that statement, but even if it was absolutely true, would there be a reason to get rid of the Second Amendment? History cannot be changed, but rewritten to sooth the conscience of some. I'm not afraid of the truths found in our history and I won't allow what happened in the past to guilt me into making a foolish choice relevant to my future.

DSC_0048_zps70bf6c31.jpg

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I don't understand where the "honesty" lies in this statement. I guess you could rephrase it as "Honestly, DG was wrong in the interpretation of why the 2nd Amendment was created". :twocents:
    I meant he is honest about his desire to overturn the 2nd amendment. Unlike the President who claims to believe in it.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010

A person is being "honest" if they truley believe what they are saying whether or not the statement is factual. You can be completely mistaken in your assertion while at the same time being honest if you truly believe in that assertion. I cannot ascertain Glover's honesty in this regard as I cannot read his mind. I can however tellyou he is sorely mistaken in his statement. Ie - wrong/incorrect based on the fascts as I understand them that led to the creation fo the BofR.

Last edited:

cfl4rat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Rosstucky
    "‘A revolt from people who were stolen from their land"

HaHa that's a good one! I'm pretty sure the word he meant to say was traded not stolen.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Glovers comments are not his opinion, that lie he told has been floating around and being spread by the anti's for awhile now....no truth in it at all. But you got to remember Glover thinks Cuba and its healthcare is what America needs to be like......but he won't move there.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Maybe Ole Danny boy should look into the history of some of our nations gun control laws and who they were meant to keep from bearing arms.

I think he ought to go back even further than that, and start with learning the history of the writ of habeas corpus, the Magna Carta, etc.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Second Amendment comes from the English Common Law and English Bill of Rights and the writings of the Scot whigs.

How many slaves and Native Americans were there in England and Scotland during the 1600s and 1700s?:dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "‘A revolt from people who were stolen from their land"

HaHa that's a good one! I'm pretty sure the word he meant to say was traded not stolen.

A great deal of people were stolen from their homeland, but that doesn't lend any credence to his statement.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don't know if there is no truth to that statement, but even if it was absolutely true, would there be a reason to get rid of the Second Amendment? History cannot be changed, but rewritten to sooth the conscience of some. I'm not afraid of the truths found in our history and I won't allow what happened in the past to guilt me into making a foolish choice relevant to my future.

Excellent!

Simply excellent...:yesway:

Top Bottom