• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    And you know they get reported how? I've heard of the service, but never heard that they report you. I'm curious as to where you got your info.

This.

It is how the world works these days. Just that. No links, no proof just a knowledge of human nature in a politically correct world. This is all driven by the need to control.
    It is a good idea (the service) but do you really think they will not check up on you.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    People need to stop feeling sorry for this mope.

was this a general response or summarizing your response to me? I don't feel sorry for him but I pity that he has to live with what he did. You can have empathy without excusing the action.

Frank, if I was your friend and you did something stupid and were facing something, I wouldn't shun you. I'd do what I can to support you. What if you were going to prison, should your kids go hungry because all of your friends deserted you? If you kill yourself from guilt and the resultant isolation, is that OK? If it was murder, that's different. This was stupid behavior that resulted in a tragic outcome.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately I have been through this issue with a friend. He called me from a bar drunk on his A$$. He wanted me to come up and have a few. I told him no but I would pick him up. He refused and got rude. I went up to scoop him up out of there and he wanted to stay.....period. Short of knocking him out what could I do. I left him.
    Next morning I woke to the news he had run a red light and killed 2 innocent people. I was terribly up-set with my self for not smacking him on the head and dragging him home and him for all the reasons one should be up-set. I did what I could but he was lost. We are not friends today as he will not come to terms with what he has done.
    I have little if any tolerance for this behavior.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    was this a general response or summarizing your response to me? I don't feel sorry for him but I pity that he has to live with what he did. You can have empathy without excusing the action.

Not directed specifically at you. It was a statement for the masses that think that "professional" athletes can do no wrong and should be put on pedestals and worshiped because they are so superior to us common folk.

This was stupid behavior that resulted in a tragic outcome.

And he should be treated accordingly. He killed a teammate, so he shouldn't be rewarded by the team for breaking the law and killing another player. Stupid decision or intentional act.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not directed specifically at you. It was a statement for the masses that think that "professional" athletes can do no wrong and should be put on pedestals and worshiped because they are so superior to us common folk.

And he should be treated accordingly. He killed a teammate, so he shouldn't be rewarded by the team for breaking the law and killing another player. Stupid decision or intentional act.

To get into the car impaired was an intentional act....to drive the car is again intentional......to kill a man for that is the outcome.....deal with it....face the music and go to jail.....period. No soft sad music...no sympathy for the man.
    No ****ing smug smile on the side line. Nice example set for the already freaked out youth of our society.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Leonard Little killed a person while intoxicated and got 3 months. Michael Vick involved in dog fighting and got 23 months.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    To get into the car impaired was an intentional act....to drive the car is again intentional......to kill a man for that is the outcome.....deal with it....face the music and go to jail.....period. No soft sad music...no sympathy for the man.
    No ****ing smug smile on the side line. Nice example set for the already freaked out youth of our society.

I agree completely. I was referring to hoosierdoc's post about it being stupid behavior and the death being unintentional.

Leonard Little killed a person while intoxicated and got 3 months. Michael Vick involved in dog fighting and got 23 months.

They are both still felons and shouldn't be paid outrageous sums of money to play a game. I'm pretty good at Candyland, where's my $millions/year salary?

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    They are both still felons and shouldn't be paid outrageous sums of money to play a game. I'm pretty good at Candyland, where's my $millions/year salary?
    At least Michael Vick did serious time and since has been taking steps that would make him appear contrite. He paid his dues to society and I think should be allowed to earn a living.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Him making minimum wage would be fine with me.
    Our values as a society have always been upside down. We pay entertainers (including pro sports) huge salaries and put them on pedestals. We pay people who routinely go into harm's way low salaries and often show them contempt. But you didn't get into law enforcement to be rich and famous, did you? (That was a rhetorical question.):D

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Our values as a society have always been upside down. We pay entertainers (including pro sports) huge salaries and put them on pedestals. We pay people who routinely go into harm's way low salaries and often show them contempt. But you didn't get into law enforcement to be rich and famous, did you? (That was a rhetorical question.):D

I'm pretty famous, but I knew I would never get rich doing it. I can't complain about the money I make but it gets pretty old hearing about which athlete is making what.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I'm pretty famous, but I knew I would never get rich doing it. I can't complain about the money I make but it gets pretty old hearing about which athlete is making what.

Then turn off the TV?:dunno:

The only time I ever hear about a professional athletes salary is if I'm watching ESPN or I'm in the break room hearing people *****.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    In other Brent news, the Dallas Morning News reports that on Tuesday, a judge reduced Brent's bail from $500,000 to $100,000 and ordered him not to consume alcohol or drive. A SCRAM ankle monitor was also attached to Brent's leg.

Since you brought up what would happen to a police officer, what are Bisard's stipulations while awaiting trial, Frank?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I agree completely. I was referring to hoosierdoc's post about it being stupid behavior and the death being unintentional.

My intent as well...nothing towards you and not a slam on the doc. JMHO from lifes experiences.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Recklessly doing something that results in someone's death is different than murder. Yes he intentionally drove while drunk but no he did not decide to murder someone. You guys have no idea what he's going through emotionally and are judging it all based on a smiling photo of him on the sidelines.

I'm not defending anything, but I haven't seen anything that would lead me to abandon my friend over either.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Then turn off the TV?:dunno:

The only time I ever hear about a professional athletes salary is if I'm watching ESPN or I'm in the break room hearing people *****.

I don't watch professional sports on TV and I don't watch ESPN. You would have to live in a cave to not hear about athletes and their pay. And if you don't want to read *****es, don't read the posts in threads where *****ing is probably going to occur.

Since you brought up what would happen to a police officer, what are Bisard's stipulations while awaiting trial, Frank?

I have no idea. He is suspended without pay and has probably been told he can't set foot in a police facility. More than you can say for some mope athlete.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I don't watch professional sports on TV and I don't watch ESPN. You would have to live in a cave to not hear about athletes and their pay. And if you don't want to read *****es, don't read the posts in threads where *****ing is probably going to occur.

Please point out where I said I cared to read it or how I'm "tired..." I simply said that's where I hear about the numbers. I hear "high salaries" and stuff like that, but ESPN and here are the only two places I hear about actual numbers.

I have no idea. He is suspended without pay and has probably been told he can't set foot in a police facility. More than you can say for some mope athlete.

So Bisard's bond was $100K+ and he's wearing an ankle monitor, right?

Let's also not forget that BISARD WAS ON THE JOB WHILE DRUNK and this mope athlete was not...and the drunk idiot that died had the choice not to ride with another drunk idiot; the victim Bisard plowed over and killed was minding his own business.

Top Bottom