hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Good Morning, Laddys..!

Been up since 4am

Pretty cuckoo world right now about to go ApeSh!t Cuckoo.

And "YES" I've been on my knees praying.

It's gonna be a bumpy ride

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Good morning RK, WT.

Got a nose swab test for the university yesterday. Came back negative in just a couple hours. Impressed with their timing.

Just be careful with some of the quick tests. Some are not nearly as accurate as the PCR tests that can take a bit to come back.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Despite being a tech nerd, I’m somewhat leery about depending too much on new technology so it is good to see this scope rated high even if you don’t turn it on

I think being a tech nerd is what makes you leery about it. When most of what you deal with is fixing broken tech, you tend to get that way.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    The disclaimer they etched into the bottom of the frame is hideous. One day I'll get mine off.
    I have a fix for that.:lmfao:

Somewhere there is pictures of how my old one, CM’s old one, turned out. Looked stellar. I just could never shoot the darn thing. Commander for some reason just doesn’t agree with me...

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I have a fix for that.:lmfao:

Somewhere there is pictures of how my old one, CM’s old one, turned out. Looked stellar. I just could never shoot the darn thing. Commander for some reason just doesn’t agree with me...
    It's just on the bottom of my list.

I've heard/read the early 670- runs were plagued with issues. The 671- runs seem to have made improvement. Especially with the finish.

Mine runs OK, but can get finicky with HP/Def. Ammo. Ball is G2G. I suspect barrel link needs upgraded to prevent feed ramp "shelving".

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It's just on the bottom of my list.

I've heard/read the early 670- runs were plagued with issues. The 671- runs seem to have made improvement. Especially with the finish.

Mine runs OK, but can get finicky with HP/Def. Ammo. Ball is G2G. I suspect barrel link needs upgraded to prevent feed ramp "shelving".
    Mine was was lemon out of the box. I had to work on a lot of stuff to get it run a mag without an issue. Got it all fixed up and carried it for a while. Then got bored with it... Mouse bought it because he loved my backyard belt sander gunsmithing I did to it. Only way you could tell it was a Ruger when I got done was the serial, took the brand off the slide too. Then bead blasted it like factory. Was the teetee’s.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Mine was was lemon out of the box. I had to work on a lot of stuff to get it run a mag without an issue. Got it all fixed up and carried it for a while. Then got bored with it... Mouse bought it because he loved my backyard belt sander gunsmithing I did to it. Only way you could tell it was a Ruger when I got done was the serial, took the brand off the slide too. Then bead blasted it like factory. Was the teetee’s.
    Nice. I too had early issues. Once I frustratingly put a few hundred through it she came into it. I had a lot of FTFeed in the top 2 rounds of the mag. And it ONLY likes OEM mags, 7 or 8.

I can't bear to part with it, not because of its brand. I need CM and AllenM to do another clinic and school my padawan arse.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nice. I too had early issues. Once I frustratingly put a few hundred through it she came into it. I had a lot of FTFeed in the top 2 rounds of the mag. And it ONLY likes OEM mags, 7 or 8.

I can't bear to part with it, not because of its brand. I need CM and AllenM to do another clinic and school my padawan arse.
    YouTube was my friend... I woke up at about 4am one morning and decided I had had enough of it acting that way. So I beat it around and showed it who was boss...

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Just be careful with some of the quick tests. Some are not nearly as accurate as the PCR tests that can take a bit to come back.
    I have no symptoms, but the university is requiring a test for in-building activities. I mask up in buildings and such (except for working in my unshared office with the door closed). The last thing I want is for some little kid to lose a grandparent because I'm a carrier. For a quick check for safe & distanced operation around other young people with a normal immune system, I'm okay with it. Certainly if I had symptoms I would be more cautious.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    The tech nerd in me is looking forward to playing with the Sig BDX scope when it comes in. I’ll need to pick up Sig’s rangefinder but it should be fun loading bullet profiles and letting the rangefinder set the reticle
    I've also been fascinated with that system, 88' ! It'll be fun to hear your thoughts.
    I would think that a range with long distance (like the Deacon's 600 yd. range), on a windy day....would be an ideal test !

Last edited:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I have no symptoms, but the university is requiring a test for in-building activities. I mask up in buildings and such (except for working in my unshared office with the door closed). The last thing I want is for some little kid to lose a grandparent because I'm a carrier. For a quick check for safe & distanced operation around other young people with a normal immune system, I'm okay with it. Certainly if I had symptoms I would be more cautious.
    I hear you ! After the death of my friend, I'm going to be much more thoughtful of my activities. The grandparent you speak of could well be someone like CM, ChrisK, The Bandit, or patience0830 !

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Understood. Just didn't want you take the quick test as gospel and changing your behavior greatly based on a potential false negative. I'm right there with you on trying to stay on the safe side.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana

I started 2021 off on Monday with a new 1911, an SBR and a can so I’m calling 2021 good! So far....

GA looks like it might go blue though. That changes the game in Washington and not for the better.
    Yeah, I'm feeling sick in my stomach about the Georgia / Congress situation.
    This is going to be a bad ride for gun owners !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom