Not open for further replies.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The lone chair... Sounds like a bad western... My war rifle, simple, yet effective. Would like to change it up a bit at some point, but it works for me! All BCM minus the lower.

View attachment 119529

View attachment 119530
    Nice and simple. I like to keep mine simple too but do have a couple of compromises to accommodate aging eyes
    971c3a3d4d4db5cad7bef533b58b384c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Nice and simple. I like to keep mine simple too but do have a couple of compromises to accommodate aging eyes
    971c3a3d4d4db5cad7bef533b58b384c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    That looks nice. I want to change the furniture up, redecorate the room. I always want to change my sights up, but these just work so well for me...

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Standard Mfg. makes a stellar matched Upper/Lower that you buy as a set. Brother they are fit up and finished nicely.
    I had a feeling that's who you were talking about. I remember your first 1911 by them lol
    I had absolutely no clue that dipped their toes in the ar market....

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I just now realized I’ve been spelling potatoes wrong this whole time... Thanks!
    Great, now you'll never be president. (Anyone get that reference that is literally older than I am?)

A-OK pilgrim. I label them "bits" when I package them. Stews, fajitas, a quick grinder batch. Who knows where the taste buds goes.
    Yeah, my family just turns their noses up to it and slide it over to me... or they grind it to make "jerky."

Does anyone use a C-MORE on their AR? I was thinking about one for my new purchase(s).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Great, now you'll never be president. (Anyone get that reference that is literally older than I am?)

Yeah, my family just turns their noses up to it and slide it over to me... or they grind it to make "jerky."

Does anyone use a C-MORE on their AR? I was thinking about one for my new purchase(s).
    I get it...:):

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I get it...:):
    That's a relief.

CM, I was looking at the matched upper /lower sets, but I had already gotten a pair of uppers & lowers from Stag. (Though, one of the stag arms uppers was missing from the shipment and took about a month or more to finish getting corrected. Picking up tomorrow.) I rushed expecting even worse price gouging and lack of supply. Opportunity missed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That's a relief.

CM, I was looking at the matched upper /lower sets, but I had already gotten a pair of uppers & lowers from Stag. (Though, one of the stag arms uppers was missing from the shipment and took about a month or more to finish getting corrected. Picking up tomorrow.) I rushed expecting even worse price gouging and lack of supply. Opportunity missed.
    The stags are not matched up. As with the majority of these parts they grab one upper and another lower and send them out.....or not.

No knock I had no idea about these but a long time friend owns Badger Creek in Mooresville and he is a Standard dealer.
    3 1911's and 3 matched sets so far.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I took the Ruger Gunsight Scout along for Tarzan to check ammo with.

Thanks 88. The .308 ammo I've referenced a few time recently is by Pine Valley Munitions in Columbia City, IN.

It ran fine in 88's Ruger. The shoulder on these is ~3-5 thousands shorter than the other commercial loads I have and I'm guessing the chamber in my Bergara may be on the long side of specs. The combination seems to be the culprit causing no bang too frequently in my rifle.

I also ran .223 and 9mm by Pine Valley today with zero problems.

JEBland

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    The stags are not matched up. As with the majority of these parts they grab one upper and another lower and send them out.....or not.

No knock I had no idea about these but a long time friend owns Badger Creek in Mooresville and he is a Standard dealer.
    3 1911's and 3 matched sets so far.
    I went with Stag because the reviews I had seen said it's a lot of gun for the money and it seemed that everyone was running for ARs. I guess I'll have to see if that's true for me. I read one of your posts about the matched sets, but the purchase had already been made. Still, $200 for a matched upper and lower isn't the worst thing. Mostly, I want to upgrade the stag trigger. It has a bit of creep. I'd like to find a crisp single stage trigger to drop in. need to get sights/red dots for them before I drop the money for a better trigger. That said, there's a PSA in the classifieds for $800 used with ammo but no BCG, so I guess my situation could be worse.

Anyway. Time to wind down for me. Have a good night, everyone!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks 88. The .308 ammo I've referenced a few time recently is by Pine Valley Munitions in Columbia City, IN.

It ran fine in 88's Ruger. The shoulder on these is ~3-5 thousands shorter than the other commercial loads I have and I'm guessing the chamber in my Bergara may be on the long side of specs. The combination seems to be the culprit causing no bang too frequently in my rifle.

I also ran .223 and 9mm by Pine Valley today with zero problems.
    How is that Bergera put together, Reed? Bbl nut like a Savage? Might be an easy fix.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I went with Stag because the reviews I had seen said it's a lot of gun for the money and it seemed that everyone was running for ARs. I guess I'll have to see if that's true for me. I read one of your posts about the matched sets, but the purchase had already been made. Still, $200 for a matched upper and lower isn't the worst thing. Mostly, I want to upgrade the stag trigger. It has a bit of creep. I'd like to find a crisp single stage trigger to drop in. need to get sights/red dots for them before I drop the money for a better trigger. That said, there's a PSA in the classifieds for $800 used with ammo but no BCG, so I guess my situation could be worse.

I have the simple enhanced ALG single stage in all but 2 of my AR's. I like them.
    They avg $70 when you can find them on Midwest.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

I have one of these in curved and absolutely love it. https://www.cmctriggers.com/cmc-ar-15-ar-10-single-stage-drop-in-trigger-340./

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    How is that Bergerac put together, Reed? Bbl nut like a Savage? Might be an easy fix.
    I don't think so. Will contact Bergara and get their thoughts after trying a no go gauge.

If I keep this rifle I will start reloading for it when components become available. Until then I have a stock of ammo building that does go bang in it. :)

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I don't think so. Will contact Bergara and get their thoughts after trying a no go gauge.

If I keep this rifle I will start reloading for it when components become available. Until then I have a stock of ammo building that does go bang in it. :)
    Good to find out what ammo it doesnt like ahead of time!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom