MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Well :poop:

After spending many many hours and some funds for materials my attempts at putting a high polish finish on specific areas of the current 1911 project have fell short. The existing finish had enough minor flaws that rose to the top after 400/600/1000/1500/2000 grit on a gauge flat plate and much patience on 3 different buffing wheels and compounds I threw in the towel.
    What took days to achieve only took 20 minutes to put into a nice even brushed finish.

Mouse has a sad.
    Sometimes, things just aren't meant to be, Big Chief. :(

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    CKW made angus steaks in her special blends of herbs and sauces in the crock pot today. They just fall apart with a fork.
    Real smashed taters. Corn and biscuits.

Yup. I am just in this contest to contribute.
    2 box's of 115Gr federal 9mm and a $20 spot to the winner.
    Thats north of $120 in the current Mkt.
    Pretty nice dinner. Sadly, I did not form my stockpile the way you all did. The only heavily stocked ammo I have is shotgun ammo
    Just got most everything I'll need for handloading (I do need some bullets for the .357 Sig). I should kick $20 towards the winner's pot.

If any of you good folks need small pistol (Fed Gold medal match) or small rifle (CCI SR magnums), just need me know. I should have about 1k extra of each. There are a few hand loaders in here, but at 200 primers/type/person, thats still enough for five folks to get a couple hundred primers. It's easy enough for me to make a run through Avon/plainfield - bloomington - Nashville/Columbus - Greenwood/Indy if doing a loop and visiting with my sister. She and I usually meet in Bloomington/Nashville. I'll only charge 17 centers/primer. :spend:

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Its all good. I've called TT a commie for years because of his love for AK's.

I'm convincing myself it's too far for me to buy it. Yeah, that's it...too far...
    Are you sure ? The seller's photo didn't really do justice to the weaponry.
    Here's mine ! ;)

i-hXP3XHQ-XL.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    MM just made my ignore list! :):
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

.... as a side note, I hope that everyone understands what the forum software does to photos (sizing them to a certain standard). My photos are usually three-times the size that show up .... BUT, if you right-click the mouse pointer over the photo, you'll be able to see them at the size that they're intended to be viewed. :)

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

.... as a side note, I hope that everyone understands what the forum software does to photos (sizing them to a certain standard). My photos are usually three-times the size that show up .... BUT, if you right-click the mouse pointer over the photo, you'll be able to see them at the size that they're intended to be viewed. :)
    Bigger is better....

Until you meet your cellmate.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My son’s rifle is ready for some better weather to sight in. The scope is just temporary until he decides what he wants.

Bergara sure seems to do a nice job on these.

2c8358959f321aa152772205f208025f.jpg

That looks really good. The Tikka came in today and the rail should arrive tomorrow. Then, I’m in the same boat in waiting for decent weather to sight this thing in. I do like the fact that it’s the same color as my truck :)
    7bbd036ef785fb8f059af2f14561773f.jpg

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    That looks really good. The Tikka came in today and the rail should arrive tomorrow. Then, I’m in the same boat in waiting for decent weather to sight this thing in. I do like the fact that it’s the same color as my truck :)
    I was thinking about your words. Your comment about the mosin loving the cold/snow. Next time it happens I'll bring the '54 Tula and we can have a milsurp day.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was thinking about your words. Your comment about the mosin loving the cold/snow. Next time it happens I'll bring the '54 Tula and we can have a milsurp day.

Sounds good to me. The range is a really peaceful place to spend time when it’s too cold for other shooters to show. Shooting a Mosin prone in the snow would have made that rifle happy that day.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Are you sure ? The seller's photo didn't really do justice to the weaponry.
    Here's mine ! ;)

i-hXP3XHQ-XL.jpg

I'm glad the guy selling the one in the classies is in Valpo (and that I'm broke). Beautiful and would go well with my full sized, but I need the $$ more than anything else right now :(

7bbd036ef785fb8f059af2f14561773f.jpg

Very nice! :thumbsup:

wingrider1800

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 27, 2014
    Harrison County
    CKW made angus steaks in her special blends of herbs and sauces in the crock pot today. They just fall apart with a fork.
    Real smashed taters. Corn and biscuits.

Yup. I am just in this contest to contribute.
    2 box's of 115Gr federal 9mm and a $20 spot to the winner.
    Thats north of $120 in the current Mkt.
    By the time of the SGE, the 2 boxes of 9's may be 120.00 each

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom