Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Finished the big girl toy box for the 14 year old. Its in her hands to decorate it now.

The mouse took the afternoon and started back into the 1911 project I started.

There was the usual clearance due to getting color. That took a bit and a lot of patience.

Then I started on the frame. The exposed stainless was rough so we picked up some 500/600/1000 and finally 200. Then it was the flitz treatment. Still much to do. But I am getting there. The frame was the same finish as the slide in the pic. View attachment 123519View attachment 123520View attachment 123521View attachment 123522View attachment 123524

The barrel melt is pretty slick. The grey we picked for the controls is slick as well.
    Love those grips. Source me a good place to get wood grips with magwell cut if you are privey to such places.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hello, Deacon ! ...... I shoveled some snow (more like slush !). It was heavy, and I really shouldn't have done it, but I was trying to make the sidewalk safe(r) for the wife.
    Now, my back is achy-breaky !

You’ve got to take it easy MM. This crap we had on the ground is some of the heaviest stuff I can remember having to shovel. It’s like shoveling water.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That 1911 is awesome, CM. Looks absolutely beautiful.

Spotted a fresh SBC as well...:cool:
    That is a 391 stroker waiting to be installed in the 1964 Impala S/S we are doing. Pics of the progress on that one in the "Burn outs for distance" thread in the break room.
    .060 over bored with a 400 stroke steel crank. lots and lots of internals.
    its "De-Tuned" to about 525 at the crank.

11TDE7x.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You’ve got to take it easy MM. This crap we had on the ground is some of the heaviest stuff I can remember having to shovel. It’s like shoveling water.
    Yep, I broke the driveway and walks down into 2 different shoveling sessions today. I could feel the back strain and I long ago figured out when I feel that to ease off or I will pay later.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    That is a 391 stroker waiting to be installed in the 1964 Impala S/S we are doing. Pics of the progress on that one in the "Burn outs for distance" thread in the break room.
    .060 over bored with a 400 stroke steel crank. lots and lots of internals.
    its "De-Tuned" to about 525 at the crank.

11TDE7x.jpg
    That sucker will move and sound great!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I have a 4WD truck. Screw a snow shovel unless CKW needs a path.....:):
    Well I do too, and my wife has an AWD, that said, the way our new house faces the driveway doesn't melt off as readily like it did in the old house. That and the way they plowed the streets it was pretty heavily piled up at the end of the driveway. Between all that and going to the mail box, I figured I'd shovel it off.

It would have to be 9"+ in the driveway to cause her vehicle serious issues and even more to phase my truck.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I have a nice retired neighbor who enjoys using his snowblower. Paid him with a nice dinner. Pork loins wrapped in bacon. And homemade potato wedges. Hawaiian sweet rolls.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Hey 88 and WTB...weather looks...ummm...not so good for tomorrow. I'm wondering if the steep pitch between the creek and the road at HHRP will be iced over after the temps drop tonight.

What are you guys thinking?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Hey 88 and WTB...weather looks...ummm...not so good for tomorrow. I'm wondering if the steep pitch between the creek and the road at HHRP will be iced over after the temps drop tonight.

What are you guys thinking?

I’m hoping that we can still do the range trip but I really don’t want to get stuck in the creek. I’ve never been down there in this kind of weather so I cannot guess as to how tough it might be to get in and back out.

What are your thoughts Tarzan? You’ve been a member for a long time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom