• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am certain I have read that the CZ decocker models are designed to be carried on half cock. I understand what you're saying about it being somewhat redundant.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The de-cocker on my P01 drops the hammer to half cock and that is where I leave it. Never had an issue

What I feel it does is, it seems to make the DA pull shorter and smoother on the half cock than trying to pull the trigger from full down position since your not trying to fully cock the hammer before it is released. That is just what I feel from dry and live fire.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    So what you all are saying that the half cocked position is safer than the hammer down for carry?

With the firing pin block equipped models, either way is perfectly safe for carry. The only real advantage the half cock position gives you is a shorter, lighter and smoother DA pull on the first shot.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    While I'm waiting for my semi compact to be Cajunized I ordered a couple things yesterday. This mag adapter takes the Compact to 18+1:

19RndCompact_zps46pdfxxn.jpg

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    So, I've tried keeping up with this thread. I bought my first CZ-75BD 18 months ago. I guess I'm drinking the CZ Kool-aid because I like it and I'm looking at other models now.

I have convinced myself to buy a Rami. If it is still at the LGS tomorrow, it will be mine.

A couple pages back I saw a photo of some "long slide" version. Really?

Can the frames and slides be swapped between models like that? Is it safe? And, it really works?

I was actually thinking more along the line of putting the Rami slide in the 75 BD frame...sometimes.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    So, I've tried keeping up with this thread. I bought my first CZ-75BD 18 months ago. I guess I'm drinking the CZ Kool-aid because I like it and I'm looking at other models now.

I have convinced myself to buy a Rami. If it is still at the LGS tomorrow, it will be mine.

A couple pages back I saw a photo of some "long slide" version. Really?

Can the frames and slides be swapped between models like that? Is it safe? And, it really works?

I was actually thinking more along the line of putting the Rami slide in the 75 BD frame...sometimes.

I took the picture of the "long slide" as a joke, mostly. I have swapped slides/barrels between full size and compacts and shot them without issue. I can't remember actually trying it with the RAMI. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Haven't been able to shoot my 75B for a while and I'm feeling blue. Noticed this thread had fallen to the 3rd page of the handgun forum and thought I'd bump it up. Gotta keep the CZ-ickness going :D

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Well here is a bump for ya. I just talked to the Cajun CZ maestro (Cajun Gun Works) this morning. Ordered a Rami with the pro package, decocker and factory night sights. Should be about six weeks, just in time for summer fun.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Well here is a bump for ya. I just talked to the Cajun CZ maestro (Cajun Gun Works) this morning. Ordered a Rami with the pro package, decocker and factory night sights. Should be about six weeks, just in time for summer fun.
    Congrats, TD. I am sure you will love it.

Top Bottom