• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Mine is in Beech Grove finally, hope to have it today. As soon as i have it i will post pictures. For now here is the picture from the auction.

picture.php

picture.php

And for fun a comparison of .40 vs 9mm.
    picture.php

Just got the call from BGF. So i will have it in hand today.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I just picked up a CZ 75B this weekend at Plainfield Shooting Sports. Can hardly wait to take it to the range.

They must be in great demand. As they were doing the paperwork, a guy phoned in wanting to know if they had one in yet. They had to tell him it was just leaving.
    Then while I was in line to pay, someone in the store was asking "Who just bought the CZ 75 ?" He asked if he could check it out, so I let him. Wished him luck for next time.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I am glad I just placed my order at czcustom.com instead of trying locally. I know that they got about 8 cz's and 10 Dan Wessons in a a few days ago and they are all gone. Even the DW's.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Well she is finally home and looks just like she does in the above picture. Once I can get a good picture I will make sure to post it here. I LOVE this pistol already. It has night sights on it which was not in the description so :yesway:. I cannot wait to get out and put some rounds down range. My Blackhawk Serpa 5906 holster seems to hold it well if not just a little bit tight, will have to do some shaving on it when I get to work tomorrow. :D:D.

Just got back from ITP range (+1) where I shot 100 rounds through the new CZ. First off ammo was $29.90 for 100 rounds of Tulammo at wally world. Good price too bad to service sucked I waited 30 minutes for someone to get to the counter. Should have left but I was pressed for time and would have spent more time going somewhere else. So -1 Walmart. No issue from the CZ or the ammo she is more accurate than I am. The Target below was the last 50 rounds and I wasn't taking any time just shooting once I was back on Target.

picture.php

And yes I wore my OC/CC shirt. +1 TF.
    picture.php

Last edited:

flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    Thanks for the tips. No handgun is perfect for everyone. I have heard over and over that these things fit better in the hand than most pistols. And they are reliable (as in, Glock reliable) so I think it is worth checking out.

That's what sold me on them. I own a CZ75 P-06, and it is by far the best holding handgun I own. Shoot excellent too. Reliable. Mine came with a laser grip, and I really like it.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I'm curious, does your model have an ambidextrous safety?

I have a 75 D Compact in 9mm (basically the P-01) with a decocker on the left side only. I'm a lefty, so it is a little awkward; however since it is just a decocker it isn't too much of an issue.

Congrats!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm curious, does your model have an ambidextrous safety?

I have a 75 D Compact in 9mm (basically the P-01) with a decocker on the left side only. I'm a lefty, so it is a little awkward; however since it is just a decocker it isn't too much of an issue.

Congrats!

Czech out the CZ 85 models. They are the ambi models.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Since this thread has so much about CZ i thought i would add the information that is out there for the Nato Testing. I know this it here somewhere else but this thread already has a lot of information for CZ owners or those curious about it. I really love this CZ 75 Compact. It is chambered in .40 S&W and even though there are reports of issues with it i have not encountered one yet. This pistol when in your hand is amazing. If anyone has any questions about them feel free to contact me and we can set up a range day to go fire it.

February 2003

The P-01 is now a NATO classified pistol and issued the NATO stock number NSN 1005-16-000-8619.

The CZ P-01 is the culmination of several years of exhaustive design and testing. Ceska Zbrojovka has always had some of the most rigorous testing requirements in the world but, the Czech National police has required that they go even further, the testing regiment for this new pistol was the most demanding anyone has ever encountered. There are almost 20 specific requirements covering everything from accuracy to interchangability, from safety to reliability/durability and everything in between.

The pistol: The CZ P-01 is a Gen 3 pistol that began as a requirement for a lightweight compact pistol that will deliver the accuracy and durability of a full size, full weight pistol. This was no small task, several manufacturers declined to even start the project.

The first thing you notice about this pistol is the M3 light rail on the frame, a first for CZ, the alloy frame is a little wider at the top than a steel CZ 75. This adds strength and rigidity for mounting the light and increasing the accuracy and service life of the pistol. The P-01 also sports enhanced controls as well as a drop free magazine and a lanyard loop.

The pistol was required to pass a wide variety of tests:

The police required that the pistol ensure the highest level of comfort, an extended slide release was added as well as an extended magazine release and the trigger was reshaped to give a more consistent pull throughout the trigger stroke.

The pistol must be 100% reliable in extreme conditions, the following is a list of some of the minimum requirements.

Must be able to complete the following without failure:

4000 dry firings
    3000 De-cockings
    Operator level disassembly 1350 times with out ware or damage to components.
    Complete disassembly 150 times, this is all the way down, pins, springs etc.
    100% interchangability, any number of pistols randomly selected, disassembled, parts mixed and reassembled with no failures of any kind including loss of accuracy.

Safety requirements:

Drop test
    1.5 meter (4.9”) drop test, this is done 54 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked. Dropping the pistol on the butt, the muzzle, back of the slide, sides of the gun, top of the slide, in essence, any angle that you could drop the gun from. This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

3meter drop (9.8”) 5 times with the pistol loaded (blank) and the hammer cocked, This is done on concrete and 0 failures are allowed! A failure is the gun firing.

After these tests are complete the gun must fire without service.

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
    This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
    The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
    The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
    The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
    The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
    The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
    The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
    This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
    During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
    The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

Heritage:
    The P-01 is based on the CZ 75, the most used pistol in the world. Over 60 countries use it as the standard side arm of their Armies, National police forces, National security agencies or other Law enforcement organizations. No other pistol can make this claim.

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I would also like to see what types of holsters everyone is using on their CZ's. This pistol is not getting the aftermarket support it deserves. I have a Blackhawck Serpa for a Smith and Wesson 5906 that it fits although it is a tight fit. My CZ 75 Compact .40 has a rail so that is what makes it tight. The CZ 75 in 9mm fit perfect in this holster so if you are looking for one i recommend it. I have checked other Blackhawk Serpa Holsters and the #13 for Glock 20/21/37 & S&W M&P .45/9/40 also fits perfect for my particular model.

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I would also like to see what types of holsters everyone is using on their CZ's. This pistol is not getting the aftermarket support it deserves. I have a Blackhawck Serpa for a Smith and Wesson 5906 that it fits although it is a tight fit. My CZ 75 Compact .40 has a rail so that is what makes it tight. The CZ 75 in 9mm fit perfect in this holster so if you are looking for one i recommend it. I have checked other Blackhawk Serpa Holsters and the #13 for Glock 20/21/37 & S&W M&P .45/9/40 also fits perfect for my particular model.

Right now I'm using a modified Crossbreed originally made for a Glock 19. In six (6) months I'll be using a Milt Sparks VMII. :D I really can't beat the Versa Max for a heavy gun.

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    Crossbreed QwikClip for IWB carry. Pretty comfortable, though I feel the clip is maybe half inch to close to the kydex casing, so it feels like it adds pressure to the stiff gun belt as it bends. Guess it is a tradeoff with only one clip -- too far away and the weight of the pistol will twist it.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN

I have one of these for my CZ SP-01 Shadow:

Inside the Waist Band (IWB) Concealment Holster with belt straps

It's great for concealment however you need a great belt to hold everything together. I ruined my regular belt at a training class with Coach and drawing several hundred times with this holster.

But whatever, it's a good holster and is pretty cheap.

**edit** what makes a big difference is using the 16 round magazines from the 75b series vs. the 18 round extended round magazines that came with the SP-01 Shadow.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    For carry, I'm using a kydex OWB holster I made in the garage, modeled after a Raven. (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery, Raven makes great stuff) With a good belt, it carries the rather hefty Shadow quite well.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    You might look at a CZ P07 Duty - you can carry it cocked & lock or not

CZ75-P07Duty2.jpg

My personal favorite CZ is my CZ 85 Combat

CZ85Combat.jpg

CZ's are all good IMHO

:cool:

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    OK folks I just joined the club. I picked up a CZ 75 BD nib yesterday and since I promised my wife she would never see it (backup position to "I'd never buy it") I held it briefly and played with the buttons and levers. Outside sitting by the garage. I am a newbie with weapons (watch out). My only experience with handguns came about 2 mos ago with a one on one class from an instructor firing 180 rnds with a S&W 9mm M&P. Nice comfortable polymer pistol. Anyway, any tips about anything, like can I shoot it out of the box. I expected it to come encased in vaseline, but no. Can I hurt it dry firing it. Mostly for range work. I'll use Fed 9mm 115gr .20/rnd unless you guys tell me diff. I'm trying to read the manual. Have looked at reviews. Read this forum and post occasionally. I always thought heavier things were well made (except for people). It was this or the M&P. I think this with a Hogue rubber finger grip might feel great. I have no accessories, holster, oil. Don't have my license yet so I don't think I need much. The box is the holster. I need all the advice I can get. Will take it to the range soon. After reading the NATO specs I figure there's little I can do to hurt it. I'm trying to read the manual, but I've been a learn by doing kind of guy. I'm also big into safety, mine as well as those around. I need to learn about DA SA and decocking. I guess I should take 2 buddies up on a trip to a range, but I have 2 nearby and theirs are far away. One is retired IPD. Cheers, all.

Last edited:

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    OK folks I just joined the club. I picked up a CZ 75 BD nib yesterday and since I promised my wife she would never see it (backup position to "I'd never buy it") I held it briefly and played with the buttons and levers. Outside sitting by the garage. I am a newbie with weapons (watch out). My only experience with handguns came about 2 mos ago with a one on one class from an instructor firing 180 rnds with a S&W 9mm M&P. Nice comfortable polymer pistol. Anyway, any tips about anything, like can I shoot it out of the box. I expected it to come encased in vaseline, but no. Can I hurt it dry firing it. Mostly for range work. I'll use Fed 9mm 115gr .20/rnd unless you guys tell me diff. I'm trying to read the manual. Have looked at reviews. Read this forum and post occasionally. I always thought heavier things were well made (except for people). It was this or the M&P. I think this with a Hogue rubber finger grip might feel great. I have no accessories, holster, oil. Don't have my license yet so I don't think I need much. The box is the holster. I need all the advice I can get. Will take it to the range soon. After reading the NATO specs I figure there's little I can do to hurt it. I'm trying to read the manual, but I've been a learn by doing kind of guy. I'm also big into safety, mine as well as those around. I need to learn about DA SA and decocking. I guess I should take 2 buddies up on a trip to a range, but I have 2 nearby and theirs are far away. One is retired IPD. Cheers, all.

Congrats. I love my 75 and am sure you will as well. Dry firing won't hurt it (make sure to triple check that it is unloaded), disassemble it a few times to get familiar with it. I wouldn't mind a range trip, and am sure there will be more volunteers as well.

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    Nobody in Indy,Camby,Plainfield,Greenfield,Wannamaker, Bburg. Avon have them. Just tryin to save ya the heartache.

I got my Rami from Bradis a couple months ago, and it is a great pistol, but unfortunately as others have said the holster market is small to nonexistent, especially for us lefty CZ owners, which is the main reason why I am parting with mine. Otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about CZ and ill probably own another at some point! I love the SA/DA triggers!

imitosis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Fishers
    I got a CZ 75D Compact at the last 1500 from the Indy Trading Post booth. I love it. I carry it in a White Hat IWB holster, which I recommend highly. They make them to order so you could probably get a left handed one if needed.

Top Bottom