• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    OK folks I just joined the club. I picked up a CZ 75 BD nib yesterday and since I promised my wife she would never see it (backup position to "I'd never buy it") I held it briefly and played with the buttons and levers. Outside sitting by the garage. I am a newbie with weapons (watch out). My only experience with handguns came about 2 mos ago with a one on one class from an instructor firing 180 rnds with a S&W 9mm M&P. Nice comfortable polymer pistol. Anyway, any tips about anything, like can I shoot it out of the box. I expected it to come encased in vaseline, but no. Can I hurt it dry firing it. Mostly for range work. I'll use Fed 9mm 115gr .20/rnd unless you guys tell me diff. I'm trying to read the manual. Have looked at reviews. Read this forum and post occasionally. I always thought heavier things were well made (except for people). It was this or the M&P. I think this with a Hogue rubber finger grip might feel great. I have no accessories, holster, oil. Don't have my license yet so I don't think I need much. The box is the holster. I need all the advice I can get. Will take it to the range soon. After reading the NATO specs I figure there's little I can do to hurt it. I'm trying to read the manual, but I've been a learn by doing kind of guy. I'm also big into safety, mine as well as those around. I need to learn about DA SA and decocking. I guess I should take 2 buddies up on a trip to a range, but I have 2 nearby and theirs are far away. One is retired IPD. Cheers, all.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...irSNAQ&usg=AFQjCNFVqBI4GRIbO8EbjXaLxWtlojHIGA

Read this and all your worries will be put to ease. Its about the P-01 model but the P-01 is just an updated 75-compact. Same basic internals and operating principle. Also the fact that the CZ 75b (no not Glock) is the most issued pistol in the world. Mine is amazingly smooth after about 1k rnds and no malfunctions of any kind with any ammo yet. Why CZ doesnt put more effort into getting US marketshare is beyond me. I wish they would.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Anyone have experience with the mecgar mags? I have one for my 5906 and it's great but don't know how their CZ mags are.
    I have a 75B and a 75 compact. The mecgar mags work great in both. I bought a couple 19 rounders for the range. They have proven very reliable and I would buy them again in a minute.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    [QUOTE=Read this and all your worries will be put to ease. Its about the P-01 model but the P-01 is just an updated 75-compact. Same basic internals and operating principle. Also the fact that the CZ 75b (no not Glock) is the most issued pistol in the world. Mine is amazingly smooth after about 1k rnds and no malfunctions of any kind with any ammo yet. Why CZ doesnt put more effort into getting US marketshare is beyond me. I wish they would.[/QUOT

Let me get this straight. I recently jumped out of a perfectly good (but really olde) plane and lived. Had I augered in, the pistol would still fire 15-30K rnds, even after they removed it from the crater?:laugh:

p.s. what's 9mm ball ammo?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Another tidbit on the CZ 75. The factory ammo at CZ is S&B 124 gr. So far I have only shot 115gr from my CZ nines. I have read on a number of places on the Interwebz that the 75 shoots great with 115 but realy shoots lights out with 124. I am on the lookout for some S&B 124gr to try this out. Anybody else have any feedback on this?

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Let me get this straight. I recently jumped out of a perfectly good (but really olde) plane and lived. Had I augered in, the pistol would still fire 15-30K rnds, even after they removed it from the crater?:laugh:
    [/QUOTE]

IDK, Only one way to find out. Ill be right behind you my friend, I promise.;)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom